Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman V3.0 - Is He The Real Deal...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 22, 2012, 02:57:30 PM

Wouldn't this be Josh Freeman V4.0?

It is in my book anyway.
agreed.  9 starts as a rookie counts as a season.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 22, 2012, 11:25:14 PM

He was simply stating that there allready is 2 threads just like this one. So do we need another one? It's not like your OP is something you couldn't post in one of the 2 posts about Freeman.
No TT...  We don't "need" another one, but really man - what's the big deal?  Really...  WTF is the problem?  And yes, I could have just as easily posted in one of the links Biggs threw up there, but I had just got online, checked through the headlines and didn't see a "Freeman thread' (and I hadn't read any threads at that point - just had the thought, so I made a friggin' thread)

IMO creating a third thread on the same topic is the ultimate "Hey everybody... Look at me...!"  Pretty pathetic man...
No........  I have no need for attention on a damned message board.  As a matter of fact, the concept of someone being that desperate, and having a life that's been whittled down to that point...  That's truly pretty sad.  But closer on point... it's more a case of wanting to get the thoughts of the many others here, whose opinion I actually value, and who tend to eventually share their thoughts on football with me.  Check my history bro.  Anybody who's been reading these boards for any length of time knows that I rarely come into a thread, talking SHlT, unless the've been complete idiots, or are being complete jerks to others.  Certain members of message boards are more inclined to read the opinions of certain posters, if for no other reason than the fact they know they're guaranteed to get intelligent debate, and rarely turn into MCFs.

I'm really cool with you if you decide not to post in a thread I create.  No, really.  I won't be offended.
I won't really be cool with you, or anyone else for that matter, coming into an online discussion that was initiated by ME, and being completely classless idiots...  without pointing out the irony that YOU are in MY Marshall Faulking thread, biotching, pissing, moaning, whining, crying, and basically being a small furry cat-like creature.

It's REAL SIMPLE.  Morons like Biggs, you, or anyone else who whines about a thread like this...  at this oh so BUSY time of the season, and actually takes the time to "reply" by biotching?  Really....?  Nothing football, just more cluttering crap about "not cluttering crap"....?!??!?  Are you guys for real...?  Wow.  I'm really sorry, but I just don't get it.  Why wouldn't someone not just simply ignore a thread they don't want to participate in?  Or...  Maybe more importantly, if there's already a thread on the same topic, why not just spend time in that thread, actually contributing something of substance and value?

Has life really become that meaningless to some...?  That truly is sad.  I feel for them.  I do.

Oh no.. am I running around, nipping at the heels of other posters, pissing moaning and whinning(is that a mix of whining and winning if so how does that work) now?
If it looks like a duck.........  and it quacks like a duck.....

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 22, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

Wouldn't this be Josh Freeman V4.0?

It is in my book anyway.
agreed.  9 starts as a rookie counts as a season.

Back to football...  How friggin' refreshing.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but IMO, I have a hard time calling his first season a full season.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 23, 2012, 10:16:13 AM

I think people just like to **CENSORED** because they have nothing better to do. Like he said, if you don't like the topic at hand and it compels you to post a message flaming the poor guy then you probably should either A) ignore him so none of his posts show up on your screen or B) just keep your opinion to yourself and move on.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 23, 2012, 10:18:11 AM

And yes I think you're going to see a MUCH improved Freeman this year compared to the previous years now that he actually has competent coaching behind him.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 23, 2012, 10:42:08 AM

I think people just like to **CENSORED** because they have nothing better to do. Like he said, if you don't like the topic at hand and it compels you to post a message flaming the poor guy then you probably should either A) ignore him so none of his posts show up on your screen or B) just keep your opinion to yourself and move on.
What the hell are you talking about? Telling someone that they have made a third thread on the same subject is not whining and it sure is not flaming "the poor guy". It's quite common that when someone makes a thread about a subject allready being discussed someone will make them aware of that. And then usually the poster of the OP will say "oh, my bad" and move his post to one of the Josh Freeman threads and close his thread. But in this case the OP was BucsFTW, so it all of course became drama and namecalling.

If everyone were to start a new thread every time they had something to say this place would be a mess.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 23, 2012, 10:45:29 AM

He was simply stating that there allready is 2 threads just like this one. So do we need another one? It's not like your OP is something you couldn't post in one of the 2 posts about Freeman.
No TT...  We don't "need" another one, but really man - what's the big deal?  Really...  WTF is the problem?  And yes, I could have just as easily posted in one of the links Biggs threw up there, but I had just got online, checked through the headlines and didn't see a "Freeman thread' (and I hadn't read any threads at that point - just had the thought, so I made a friggin' thread)

IMO creating a third thread on the same topic is the ultimate "Hey everybody... Look at me...!"  Pretty pathetic man...
No........  I have no need for attention on a damned message board.  As a matter of fact, the concept of someone being that desperate, and having a life that's been whittled down to that point...  That's truly pretty sad.  But closer on point... it's more a case of wanting to get the thoughts of the many others here, whose opinion I actually value, and who tend to eventually share their thoughts on football with me.  Check my history bro.  Anybody who's been reading these boards for any length of time knows that I rarely come into a thread, talking SHlT, unless the've been complete idiots, or are being complete jerks to others.  Certain members of message boards are more inclined to read the opinions of certain posters, if for no other reason than the fact they know they're guaranteed to get intelligent debate, and rarely turn into MCFs.

I'm really cool with you if you decide not to post in a thread I create.  No, really.  I won't be offended.
I won't really be cool with you, or anyone else for that matter, coming into an online discussion that was initiated by ME, and being completely classless idiots...  without pointing out the irony that YOU are in MY Marshall Faulking thread, biotching, pissing, moaning, whining, crying, and basically being a small furry cat-like creature.

It's REAL SIMPLE.  Morons like Biggs, you, or anyone else who whines about a thread like this...  at this oh so BUSY time of the season, and actually takes the time to "reply" by biotching?  Really....?  Nothing football, just more cluttering crap about "not cluttering crap"....?!??!?  Are you guys for real...?  Wow.  I'm really sorry, but I just don't get it.  Why wouldn't someone not just simply ignore a thread they don't want to participate in?  Or...  Maybe more importantly, if there's already a thread on the same topic, why not just spend time in that thread, actually contributing something of substance and value?

Has life really become that meaningless to some...?  That truly is sad.  I feel for them.  I do.

Oh no.. am I running around, nipping at the heels of other posters, pissing moaning and whinning(is that a mix of whining and winning if so how does that work) now?
If it looks like a duck.........  and it quacks like a duck.....
Wow... just wow.

Did someone take the last pizza slice you wanted or something?

lowlife

Starter
#22 : June 23, 2012, 12:00:35 PM

His decision making needs to grow exponentially. Even in that 10-win season, there were always those WTF throws every game, especially early on. It's like he makes a pre-play read and goes with it no matter what some times.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 23, 2012, 12:18:08 PM

His decision making needs to grow exponentially. Even in that 10-win season, there were always those WTF throws every game, especially early on. It's like he makes a pre-play read and goes with it no matter what some times.

I really tend to agree with ya on the bolded portion lowlife...

And I don't really think that's all that bad though.  When a kid comes into the league, and he's thrust into a leadership role (which IS what the QB is, regardless of how young he is), it's got to be pretty overwhelming.

I DO believe Josh will look a TON more relaxed under center this year.  Hopefully he'll have a game plan that he goes into each game with that he actually believes in.

I'd be willing to bet that a QB like Manning, and his inherint football I.Q., would look at a guy like Olson and simply chuckle...

Somebody here refer's to it as "Mike Singletary eyes".  They're right in the sense that Freeman did have that "deer in the headlights" look occasionally.  The fact that Singletary ALWAYS looked that way, in every year he played, makes it a ridiculous analogy though.

Yeah, this guy ALWAYS looked nervous...   ::)

No.......  THIS is the look of a LB ready to remove your testicles through your ear hole.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 23, 2012, 12:24:12 PM

No, on Freeman, that look sof Singletary Eyes, as I mentioned, is not a look of confidence and toughness.

It made him look like he was facing the Devil himself.  Against the Ravens (the game in which Aqib fought with the ref AFTER the game), he had that look on more than one occasion.  It is a PHYSICAL resemblance.  Let's not mince words here.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 23, 2012, 01:31:29 PM

No, on Freeman, that look sof Singletary Eyes, as I mentioned, is not a look of confidence and toughness.

It made him look like he was facing the Devil himself.  Against the Ravens (the game in which Aqib fought with the ref AFTER the game), he had that look on more than one occasion.  It is a PHYSICAL resemblance.  Let's not mince words here.

All cool Boid...  I'm assuming it was you who made that analogy, based on your clarification.

And, FWIW, I totally and eventy-billion percent agree with you.  Freeman looked absolutely terrified sometimes.  To argue that point would be pretty damned stupid - on ANYBODY'S part...!

Two-part issue here...  Firstly, he's young.  I'm going to leave that at that, because I know you're sharp enough to know what I'm saying on that issue, but...  I DO expect that to change though, and will be closely scrutinizing how Free looks this year.  Part two is part of the reason why I expect a more relaxed look...

MANY quarterbacks have publicly stated that the game "slows down" for them in the 3rd or 4th year.  I think Freeman will have developed enough of a comfort level that we don't see that  O^O  look...

Add in the glimmer of hope that Sully can actually put less on Freeman's plate with a running attack that is actually potent, feared, and hard to defend.

(Part two was...........  Olson sucked.)

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 23, 2012, 01:35:40 PM

Did someone take the last pizza slice you wanted or something?

I'm sorry Johnny, but you know....... when the adults are talking...  you should just go play in the potato patch.  Right?

Now run along son...

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 23, 2012, 02:06:18 PM

I'm not on the Red Board that often but it's crazy how people pick at each other so bad. I can understand both points of view but damn...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 23, 2012, 02:28:51 PM

I'm not on the Red Board that often but it's crazy how people pick at each other so bad. I can understand both points of view but damn...

Right.......?  I kind of equate it to being at a party, and you know (and like) the majority of them, but...  there IS a group of a-holes that you simply don't like.  So...  Who are you going to go associate with...?

Just sayin'

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 23, 2012, 03:17:27 PM

Quite simply, Josh looked significantly LESS confident and MORE indecisive last year. I suspect defenses were covering his receivers (mainly Williams) differently and they were not getting open. On other occasions he APPEARED to NOT want to run, like he was fighting his instinct to run, then would end up throwing when he shouldn't, or getting sacked. I lay a LOT of the blame on Olsen for trying to keep Josh in the alleged  "pocket" longer, even as it was collapsing, and for having game "plans" that simply had a snowball's chance in Hades of actually working against the defenses thrown at us. I really didn't think Freeman was guilty of running too early the previous year, as he WAS getting heavy pressure, plus he appeared to be far more comfortable throwing AFTER he'd left the pocket. Also, I think Freeman's movement actually HELPED his receivers get open!
     It's a constant chess game between OC' and DC's, and Olsen, while a respectable QB coach, does not appear to me to be much competition for any NFL DC...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman V3.0 - Is He The Real Deal...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools