Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lebron back to Cleveland « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#75 : July 17, 2014, 11:40:59 PM

Miller, Allen (if you get him) and someone else will probably platoon at SG. You don't need stars at every position, and even Lebron admitted he'd be surprised if they won a championship this season. He knows they don't have the roster to take a team down like SA or OKC. It's probably going to take another year to fill in the missing pieces, you can't expect to do it in one offseason.
Which is why you dont trade for Love if you feel that way. Wiggins will be ready by next year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#76 : July 18, 2014, 01:56:24 PM

I know it was going to and I say screw appeasing to Lebron and not do the trade. He never has shown loyalty in the past, why show it to him?
you gotta be kidding. The cavs could have applied for the d league without lebron.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#77 : July 18, 2014, 03:32:44 PM

Miller, Allen (if you get him) and someone else will probably platoon at SG. You don't need stars at every position, and even Lebron admitted he'd be surprised if they won a championship this season. He knows they don't have the roster to take a team down like SA or OKC. It's probably going to take another year to fill in the missing pieces, you can't expect to do it in one offseason.
Which is why you dont trade for Love if you feel that way. Wiggins will be ready by next year.

But what is ready? Are you saying he's going to be a better player than Love at that time? First he has to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he has to prove he can reach the status Love has reached. I don't care what anyone says, until he does that he's just another young player with potential. As I said, Love is better for Lebron's game, he clears the lane which is something Wiggins won't provide. It's not just about having good players, it's about having good players that play well together.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#78 : July 18, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

But what is ready? Are you saying he's going to be a better player than Love at that time? First he has to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he has to prove he can reach the status Love has reached. I don't care what anyone says, until he does that he's just another young player with potential. As I said, Love is better for Lebron's game, he clears the lane which is something Wiggins won't provide. It's not just about having good players, it's about having good players that play well together.
As far as I know, Lebron and Love have never played together. WIggins has more upside than anyone else that has come out of the NBA since Lebron.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : July 18, 2014, 04:07:06 PM

Not to mention Love's only 25.  He's hitting his prime years, whereas Wiggins has some growing still to do. 

Lebron and Love would be great together, for a long time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#80 : July 18, 2014, 04:53:16 PM

I don't know how I feel about Love vs Wiggins, but one argument for keeping Wiggins is he's basically LeBron's size, is a freak athlete, and potentially really good really quickly on defense while not being very polished on offense, so you can have him guard the opponent's best wing player so LeBron doesn't have to use half his energy playing defense. We all know Mike Miller and Ray Allen aren't guarding anyone at this stage of their careers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#81 : July 18, 2014, 11:04:08 PM

Well, if that is the thinking, why not just play out the season. Then next offseason sign Love, and they still have Wiggins.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#82 : July 21, 2014, 02:40:58 AM

The Cavs plan on signing Wiggins this week.  Then they won't be able to trade him for the next 30 days. So he will be a Cav awhile longer, hopefully he stays.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#83 : July 21, 2014, 08:18:42 PM

Some chatter today about Love to the Lakers. It would make sense, seeing the Lakers have not done much this offseason. But I don't see who the Lakers would give up, to get Minny interested.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#84 : July 22, 2014, 07:18:39 PM

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion  20m
TRADE: Cavs will receive John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy from the Jazz for Carrick Felix, a future 2nd round pick and cash. (Y!)

Minor trade that is likely setting up for a KLove deal otherwise it makes zero sense to make the deal.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lebron back to Cleveland « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools