Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#240 : September 10, 2013, 10:11:23 PM

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/breaking-bad-episode-513-tohajiilee-reviews

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#241 : September 11, 2013, 12:34:46 AM

I don't think the series is overrated at all. It's my favorite TV show of all time.

Having said that, I don't like how the ending has felt rushed and forced in these past few episodes.

I also wish they hadn't flashed forward. We knew, from the FFs, that Jesse didn't burn down the house and we know that Walt somehow escapes.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#242 : September 11, 2013, 04:09:44 AM

I don't think the series is overrated at all. It's my favorite TV show of all time.

Having said that, I don't like how the ending has felt rushed and forced in these past few episodes.

I also wish they hadn't flashed forward. We knew, from the FFs, that Jesse didn't burn down the house and we know that Walt somehow escapes.
The guy making the show said so much is going to happen this season that he couldve made it into 20 shows. So this explains the fast paced crunched show. The cliffhanger for this week was pretty bad.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#243 : September 11, 2013, 08:41:43 AM

that short  FF to open the season has changed how we view each episode.  I think it's deliberate.  Just enjoy the ride.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#244 : September 11, 2013, 08:44:21 AM

A shootout? How original.

All of those shots and not one person has been hit yet.

Jumping the shark. Hope it turns around.
no one getting hit with all that artillery was a little Hollywood I agree but we don't know how this scene is going to play out.  Not ready to call it unoriginal or compare it to Fonzy waterskiing. 

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#245 : September 11, 2013, 09:15:06 AM

The few of you on this board calling the ending to that episode bad are the only ones I've heard say that. Many critics are calling it the the best episode ever.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#246 : September 11, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

My wife and I enjoyed it.  That's all I know.  We both sat there with our jaws dropped for about 5 minutes.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#247 : September 11, 2013, 06:54:57 PM

Quote from: bucs449
The few of you on this board calling the ending to that episode bad are the only ones I've heard say that. Many critics are calling it the the best episode ever.

I was screaming like a child for more... Vince Gilligan sucks. I have to wait a week now... a whole week. What a jerk. What does he have to write so well?!?!

Bookert1905

Starter
#248 : September 11, 2013, 08:49:25 PM

http://www.eonline.com/news/457796/breaking-bad-spinoff-amc-announces-prequel-with-saul-goodman-character?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

"Better call Saul! And what do you know, AMC is totally doing just that!

The network has announced plans for a Breaking Bad prequel featuring Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), aka Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) seedy, but always-entertaining criminal lawyer.

The series, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, will come from Breaking Bad mastermind Vince Gilligan and has been in the works for months. According to AMC, the one-hour spinoff will focus on the "evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White's lawyer." Keep in mind the term "prequel," which means the Saul character could still meet a grisly end in Breaking Bad's final season and still star in a spinoff. Just saying."
YEAHHHH

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#249 : September 12, 2013, 10:18:06 AM

"Don't drink and drive, but if you do. . . .You better call Saul ! "

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#250 : September 12, 2013, 10:19:08 AM

My wife and I enjoyed it.  That's all I know.  We both sat there with our jaws dropped for about 5 minutes.

Ditto

Someone has to catch a bullet, can't wait until Sunday, for multiple reasons 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#251 : September 13, 2013, 12:19:18 AM

We know Walt escapes, it a given. I believe they have about 4 more episodes this season, and 8 episodes next season? 

So the point is, they have a ways to go, and couldn't kill off Walt this early. And I think the same for Jesse.   Maybe Hank doesn't make it out of the ambush, but even that is unlikely IMO. Walt needs his nemesis, if Hank goes down, who is going after Walt ?

Question,  that hispanic partner of Hank?  Didn't he go over to the darkside awhile back?   I haven't caught every episode,  so I don't recall what was going on with the partner.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#252 : September 13, 2013, 12:23:40 AM

Dude, there are only 3 more episodes ever. This is the last season. 😭😭😭😭

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#253 : September 13, 2013, 01:10:06 AM

Dude, there are only 3 more episodes ever. This is the last season.

Oh ok, wasn't sure. Still too early to kill off Walt though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#254 : September 13, 2013, 07:34:53 AM

Basic premise of the show is disintegration of morality due to character flaw (Walt is his own nemesis). Expecting Walt to lose everything but not necessarily die. Sometimes it is worse to live. Plus we know he turns 52 at the diner. If that hasn't happened yet, Walt ain't dying. (not watching this until it comes out on DVD)
: September 13, 2013, 07:36:51 AM Von Mises
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools