Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25

Runole

Hall of Famer
#360 : July 03, 2014, 10:53:26 PM

What was truly great about the show  to me was the irony at times at who were the bad guys and the good guys.  It certainly showed the pathetic life style of meth users and their addiction.  However, it also showed the transformation of Walt and his painful lesson of what the drug war means to those entrenched in it.  No witnesses allowed with the current laws in place. From my perspective I found little to like about Hank and his wife but they certainly represented law enforcement and the criminal justice system's take on their holy and righteous war on drugs. Lots of conflicting emotions present throughout the whole series. Walt as he learns the Rules of the Business and its utter brutality.  All the bumbling mistakes made the show just that more realistic and believable.

The characters were awesome and the transformation of Jessie from a most undesirable character to one showing some admirable traits at the end was certainly an interesting way for the show to finish.  Likewise, the attorney was great as was " Mike" who worked for both Sol and Gus. 

As to myself I had never watched a single episode until about 4 weeks ago and ended up finishing the whole 6 seasons early this week.  Having it in condensed form probably gave me a different perspective than those that had to wait each week for a new episode. 

The character I liked the least was Hank's wife even though she played her role perfectly. "The clueless hypocrite".  So many interesting characters portrayed that made themselves so believable. The two sons and their savagery to avenge kind of reminded me of "No country for Old Men". Jessie's two idiot friends along with the third murdered. Both of his girlfriends. on and on...

TV today is such an incredible waste land for quality programing.  It is nice to see once in a blue moon something good can still happen.  When will GAWD AWFUL UNREALITY TV END?   Reality TV is the biggest joke ever foisted on the American public.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#361 : July 04, 2014, 04:07:33 PM

The guy that played Sal was the police chief in the series Fargo.  Their 1st  season just ended but it's a pretty good show.  Lots of quirky characters and dark humor.
: July 04, 2014, 04:10:51 PM Skull and Bones

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#362 : July 21, 2014, 12:16:06 PM

I saw Jesse the other day doing an interview. He was saying BB was the role of a lifetime for him, but he still reads tons of scripts. And when he finds the right fit, he will work again.

I can understand the networks saying no thanks. A show about some guys cooking meth? But it just worked. I never did drugs my entire life, but I loved the show just the same.

I didn't watch the show the from the start. I heard about it in the 3rd season, I think it was. But by the time the 4th season started, I had got caught up on every episode I missed.

Great writing, great actors.  Even that slimy attorney Walt confided in, was frekin hilarious.

Just finished watching it and I agree. One of the best shows I have ever seen

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#363 : July 21, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

"Even that slimy attorney Walt confided in, was frekin hilarious."

Are you kidding me, Saul was the best part of the entire show. He actually reminds me a little of a friend of mine.

After all, it's all good man!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#364 : July 21, 2014, 08:22:00 PM

"Even that slimy attorney Walt confided in, was frekin hilarious."

Are you kidding me, Saul was the best part of the entire show. He actually reminds me a little of a friend of mine.

After all, it's all good man!

IDK about being the best part of the entire show.  But very entertaining to say the least.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#365 : July 21, 2014, 11:23:49 PM

Just watched Ozy again. Great show.

Page: 1 ... 23 24 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools