Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dallas Clark be relevant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 23, 2012, 11:38:25 PM

Explain his abundant amounts of drops, if his hands are so legit?

And I laughed watching that youtube clip posted by Doloris, because I KNEW SOMEONE would...ha ha ha! 

He had hands of stone last year.  Deal with it.
Explanation - for a long time he caught everything that got near him.  Hurt his wrist and didn't do as well last year.  Seems it has healed and he is healthy.  You really do need to spend the dinero to get the Insider... LOL 

Oh yea, reports are he is catching everything that gets near him - again.   ;D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 23, 2012, 11:42:41 PM

I mean who knows? He's getting older and sometimes it just falls off a cliff. Maybe his body has betrayed him and he'll continue to be injury prone. We'll have to wait and see. I just feel that if he does stay healthy, he can still be an excellent weapon. He's always been more of a slot reciever than a TE though, so we really need Stocker and someone else to step up as inline blockers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 23, 2012, 11:44:37 PM

Agree Jdouble - KW's kid could have the very same issue

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 23, 2012, 11:54:25 PM

The big difference in my opinion, is that Winslow has always relied on his athleticism to be great, so when it goes for him it's over. After watching him last year, I think it's a safe bet that he is done. He is no longer explosive and struggles to even separate from linebackers.

Clark on the other hand has never been a great athlete and has instead relied on perfect routes, reading defenses, finding holes to get open, and catching everything thrown his way....so even if he is slowing down, he should still be able to contribute.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 23, 2012, 11:58:54 PM

agree with that as well -  I am so damned agreeable this evening - hell, even agreed with Hate on buccaneers HOF candidates.  I am going to check my temperature. 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 24, 2012, 08:42:01 AM

Its almost sickening to those of us who are so used to the "Missourian".

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 24, 2012, 09:30:56 AM

He was struggling with a broken wrist. Other than the one year you refer to, his hands have always been outstanding. Flat out elite. It's what has made him great....because he has never been a great athlete. He's smart, he gets open with impeccable routes, and he catches everything. Now that he is healthy I think there is a good chance he can still be that guy for a few more years.

He also had Cutris Painter throwing to him. How many of those throws bounced off the tops of his shoe laces, or he barely got a fingertip on, and were labeled drops ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 24, 2012, 09:59:18 AM

Its almost sickening to those of us who are so used to the "Missourian".
Clearly off my "game"

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#38 : June 24, 2012, 10:14:34 AM

The big difference in my opinion, is that Winslow has always relied on his athleticism to be great, so when it goes for him it's over. After watching him last year, I think it's a safe bet that he is done. He is no longer explosive and struggles to even separate from linebackers.

Clark on the other hand has never been a great athlete and has instead relied on perfect routes, reading defenses, finding holes to get open, and catching everything thrown his way....so even if he is slowing down, he should still be able to contribute.

Agree JDouble.  He is a poor man's wes welker except in a TE.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 24, 2012, 10:26:36 AM

He was struggling with a broken wrist. Other than the one year you refer to, his hands have always been outstanding. Flat out elite. It's what has made him great....because he has never been a great athlete. He's smart, he gets open with impeccable routes, and he catches everything. Now that he is healthy I think there is a good chance he can still be that guy for a few more years.

He also had Cutris Painter throwing to him. How many of those throws bounced off the tops of his shoe laces, or he barely got a fingertip on, and were labeled drops ?
::)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 24, 2012, 11:06:21 AM

::)

A wiser poster would quietly let this idiotic "stone hands" comment be forgotten about, rather than continuing to bump the thread. Your hiatus hasn't made you any smarter , I see.

Enjoy some more "stone-handed" videos:

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 24, 2012, 11:27:06 AM

And I laughed watching that youtube clip posted by Doloris, because I KNEW SOMEONE would...ha ha ha! 

Just curious.. Have you ever been wrong BF?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 24, 2012, 12:23:22 PM

A big part of Clark's success has been the TIMING between him and Manning while he was running those immaculate routes. I'm betting young Painter never developed that chemistry with him, as Painter had so much else to work on. As well as running for his life much of the time! The QB knowing exactly when to deliver the football at the proper angle to the right spot allows Clark to make so many catches despite him not being the fastest or most gifted athlete. NO REASON he can't develop that same chemistry with Josh Freeman...  8)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 24, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

Explanation - for a long time he caught everything that got near him.  Hurt his wrist and didn't do as well last year.  Seems it has healed and he is healthy.  You really do need to spend the dinero to get the Insider... LOL 

Oh yea, reports are he is catching everything that gets near him - again.   ;D
Sort of like Mo Stoveall in practice huh?

Fact of the matter is, he is brittle, he is old, he cannot block, and he had major dropsies last year...let's not make excuses for him...he certainly didn't for himself last year.

I am not rooting against him, as some may erroneously assume.  I just call it like it is.

And yes Bscuch, I have been wrong, I even started a thread about it regarding my take on the Glazers...although I wasn't "wrong" as much as I was suprised... ;D

Eight drops is a lot.  A LOT.  That is fact.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 24, 2012, 12:35:25 PM

A big part of Clark's success has been the TIMING between him and Manning while he was running those immaculate routes. I'm betting young Painter never developed that chemistry with him, as Painter had so much else to work on. As well as running for his life much of the time! The QB knowing exactly when to deliver the football at the proper angle to the right spot allows Clark to make so many catches despite him not being the fastest or most gifted athlete. NO REASON he can't develop that same chemistry with Josh Freeman...  8)
Will Freeman be able to do that when the bullets fly (for real, not in shorts), to ANY of his targets?  History has said he isn't the most accurate in ball placement.  If Clark lasts more than a year as a Buc, I will be supreeezed.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dallas Clark be relevant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools