Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Should Look Seriously at Starting Dekoda Watson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

tog

Pro Bowler
#75 : June 30, 2012, 09:27:39 PM

How often do Will body types make transitions to the middle?  Between being smaller, being a rookie, and then having to play a new position... I think its a waste of David's talents.  With his speed and coverage ability he's suited to the edge, not middle.  That being said, doesn't matter who we have back there if our D line keeps getting blown up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : July 01, 2012, 09:05:08 AM

If you listen to the first 60 seconds of this interview, which was before his senior season, they talk about his size being an issue to scouts and the fact that most people don't realize he has put on 10-15 lbs.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#77 : July 01, 2012, 10:32:10 AM

yep...he played at 215-220 in school...

Much like the NFL listed weights and heights, college height and weights rarely ever get updated. Just because David was 215-220lbs when he transferred to Nebraska as a Junior, it doesn't mean he stayed at that weight for the last three years. He isn't rocked up like Patrick Willis or anything, but he looks like a solid 230lbs to me.

David said he put on weight for the combine. I think it was 8 pounds. That doesn't mean he can't do it but why force it?

Yep...Middle Linebackers are born not made...Playing David at at MLB would be playing him out of position....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#78 : July 01, 2012, 10:34:47 AM

Didn't he play MLB at Nebraska?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#79 : July 01, 2012, 02:18:09 PM

Didn't he play MLB at Nebraska?

Will in base. Mike in dime.

Virtually every report on the guy is that he's a best fit as a Weakside LBer. Considering the Bucs are probably more desperate for a Will over a Mike, I can't see why it's even being discussed on the board.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BlockbusterBlister

Practice Squad

#80 : July 01, 2012, 02:24:52 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. Watson is a stud at FSU. I'm a huge ACC fan, so I saw Watson in action a lot and I always thought "Wow, that guy would make a great NFL player!" And...Well, look at him now! Watson needs to start as SOON as possible!

[imghttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/RLGPb2oDrOw/0.jpge[/img]

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#81 : July 01, 2012, 02:24:59 PM

Yep...Middle Linebackers are born not made...Playing David at at MLB would be playing him out of position....

he was the middle linebacker in college so what are you talking about?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#82 : July 01, 2012, 09:44:29 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. Watson is a stud at FSU. I'm a huge ACC fan, so I saw Watson in action a lot and I always thought "Wow, that guy would make a great NFL player!" And...Well, look at him now! Watson needs to start as SOON as possible!

At what spot is the question.  The coaches have their work cut out for them, getting the right combination of LB's on the field.  But that is what training camp and preseason is for.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Should Look Seriously at Starting Dekoda Watson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools