Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF: Okoye and Gilberry good, Roy Miller bad « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: June 26, 2012, 03:55:34 PM

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/26/three-years-of-pass-rushing-productivity-interior-d-line/

Total Pressures
1. Justin Smith: 1592 pass rush snaps, 187 total pressures
10. Amobi Okoye: 1321 pass rush snaps, 91 total pressures

Pass Rush Productivity [Best]
1. Justin Smith: 1592 pass rush snaps, 187 total pressures, PRP 9.16
6. Wallace Gilberry: 776 pass rush snaps, 73 total pressures, PRP 7.54

Pass Rush Productivity [Worst]
1. Aubrayo Franklin: 641 pass rush snaps, 11 total pressures, PRP 1.37
4. Roy Miller: 614 pass rush snaps, 20 total pressures, PRP 2.57

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 26, 2012, 03:58:02 PM

Regarding Gilberry, a spade is a spade, remember? I was trying to tell some of you the dude can pass rush.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#2 : June 26, 2012, 04:33:51 PM

20 pressures increased to 91 pressures. I would say that's an upgrade.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 26, 2012, 04:36:50 PM

Maybe that's why Raheem and Co. had Miller dropping into coverage on a jacked up knee - cause he can't pass rush. I dont see how Roy makes the team this year. With all the heat Price has taken recently, I'd be somewhat pissed if we traded/cut Price and kept Miller.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 26, 2012, 04:55:14 PM

Miller won't fit the new defense. He was drafted to be a NT that can hold the point not pass rush, and the defense he was drafted to be used in was Bates. With the current D-line scheme the DTs have to penetrate. Bye miller? but he does fit the "Schiano way"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 26, 2012, 04:56:13 PM

Miller won't fit the new defense. He was drafted to be a NT that can hold the point not pass rush, and the defense he was drafted to be used in was Bates. With the current D-line scheme the DTs have to penetrate. Bye miller? but he does fit the "Schiano way"
I told you we should have traded up for Terrence Knighton.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 26, 2012, 05:11:12 PM

Would have been a good pick if he was there in the 4th. I never understood why the Bucs would draft a straight NT with 0 pass rush ability to play in a gap attack defense. Miller can be solid on short yardage plays when healthy.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 26, 2012, 05:13:20 PM

And in selecting Knighton - who would have NOT been selected?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 26, 2012, 05:44:24 PM

Would have been a good pick if he was there in the 4th. I never understood why the Bucs would draft a straight NT with 0 pass rush ability to play in a gap attack defense. Miller can be solid on short yardage plays when healthy.
Let me start by saying I know nothing about Millers college career. However, going into Raheems second year Roy indicated that he was not that big place holding nt. I specifically remember an article where he said he was forced to gain weight to fit into the Bates scheme. He said in Rahs system he could loose weight and get back to plinth like he did in college. So if he gets cut its not because he can't pay in this system. He just isn't very productive.

Jr.3

Second String

#9 : June 26, 2012, 10:40:26 PM

Hindsight is 20/20 but wish we would have took M.Wallace. I remeber PR had a coupe article about M.Wallace before that draft and I really liked him. Nothing aginst Roy Miller but I dont think he sticks with the team this year.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 26, 2012, 10:49:58 PM

The guy I've heard nothing about in OTA's who if in shape is a good NT candidate is big FRANK (Okam). I seem to recall he has some pass rush skills too... But, if him AND Price both come into TC out of shape, Miller could make the squad. Otherwise, it'll take an injury or two for him to make it this year.

Jr.3

Second String

#11 : June 26, 2012, 10:59:31 PM

Who is the other DT we signed? Played at Rutgers, and last year he was a Ram, and is he  good at stopping the run?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 26, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

Gillberry has been a good pass rusher.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 26, 2012, 11:08:08 PM

Gibson is the ex-Rutgers guy from the Rams.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 27, 2012, 12:03:36 AM

The Okoye and Gibson signings were because Roy Miller is awful. I'm disappointed in Miller, thought he would be a solid player in the middle of the line, definitely time to move on.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF: Okoye and Gilberry good, Roy Miller bad « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools