Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walterfootball's Season Preview - Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#60 : June 28, 2012, 08:28:22 AM

Lets ask Rivers how much he will miss Jackson, since he wasn't "highly regarded" coming out anyways. He was a 2nd rounder CC, not a 5th rounder.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 28, 2012, 08:32:07 AM

Rivers is going to miss Jackson, but honestly he'll still be missing Sproles more than anything. They were idiots to let that kid go.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 28, 2012, 08:36:18 AM

Going to be missing his #2 back more than his #1 WR? I find that hard to believe.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#63 : June 28, 2012, 09:24:57 AM

A professional sportswriter is objective and unbiased. This article was neither.

This. All my personal dislike for CC aside....this article was just garbage. A lot of that going around this offseason though.

It's the doldrums. Another month and it will be over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#64 : June 28, 2012, 09:42:45 AM

A professional sportswriter is objective and unbiased. This article was neither.

This. All my personal dislike for CC aside....this article was just garbage. A lot of that going around this offseason though.
Yeah.  My objections aren't that the article isn't saying the the Bucs are going to totally r0x0r, dood.  I'm actually pretty ok with the idea that people are going to assume that the Bucs are going to be pretty terrible until they start to actually prove that they aren't.  But quite a bit of the "logic" in the article was just stupid (e.g. Jackson being a concern because he was "chasing money" and not that highly regarded because he was a second round pick several years ago) or just unpleasantly gossipy (e.g. the whole undisclosed personal issues bit).

acacius

Hall of Famer

#65 : June 28, 2012, 09:46:47 AM

Funny how Vincent Jackson is going to suck because he came here for the huge contract. But Carl Nicks is going to be one of the two best aquisitions because he came here for the huge contract. Don't quite follow your train of thought there, Charlie.
In their free agency review, they actually slag on both Jackson and Nicks as inherently bad signings because they left good teams to sign big contracts with a team that did poorly last year.  I assume they dropped that line of reasoning with Nicks because of the turmoil the Saints have been facing this offseason.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#66 : June 28, 2012, 10:20:46 AM

Funny how Vincent Jackson is going to suck because he came here for the huge contract. But Carl Nicks is going to be one of the two best aquisitions because he came here for the huge contract. Don't quite follow your train of thought there, Charlie.
In their free agency review, they actually slag on both Jackson and Nicks as inherently bad signings because they left good teams to sign big contracts with a team that did poorly last year.  I assume they dropped that line of reasoning with Nicks because of the turmoil the Saints have been facing this offseason.

See and thats what I dont get...

How is signing Jackson and Nicks, who were both the top FAs at their positions, a bad move for the Bucs as a franchise, because Jackson and Nicks went to a bottom-dweller? What makes it even more insane is if a team like the Eagles or Cowboys would have signed both players, it would have been touted as a great move and given an A grade.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walterfootball's Season Preview - Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools