Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Gets All-Sports FM Station Starting In August - 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 01, 2012, 08:03:39 AM

The 98.7 signal is very weak, downtown Tampa is essentially its coverage map. That's why they originally moved WLLD to their stronger signal 94.1. PLAY 98.7 has tanked mostly because the format is oversaturated. In a few years AM will is going to be phased out anyway, just like old tv's with rabbit ears, so maybe CBS is just trying to get a jump on capturing the M 24-54 demo on the fm so they have a foothold when the change is made. Good luck with that.

Signed

Starter

#31 : July 01, 2012, 09:49:16 AM

If they make the switch then I'll probably listen to the station more. Radio doesn't get a lot of AM channels so switching to FM would be nice.

Don't get the correlation to the butt... but thnx anyway.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 01, 2012, 09:54:51 AM

From what I remember I could barely get 1010 living in Pinellas county.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 01, 2012, 10:13:07 PM

The 98.7 signal is very weak, downtown Tampa is essentially its coverage map. That's why they originally moved WLLD to their stronger signal 94.1. PLAY 98.7 has tanked mostly because the format is oversaturated. In a few years AM will is going to be phased out anyway, just like old tv's with rabbit ears, so maybe CBS is just trying to get a jump on capturing the M 24-54 demo on the fm so they have a foothold when the change is made. Good luck with that.

Agree.   Hell, some of those big time AM stations cover half the country at nightime hours.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 08, 2012, 07:05:50 PM

I'm really impressed with Booger Macfarland as a talk show host. Dude is entertaining and insightful. Probably my favorite show on the new station.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 08, 2012, 09:51:19 PM

No it isn't. WDAE is complete garbage.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 08, 2012, 10:09:56 PM

I'm really impressed with Booger Macfarland as a talk show host. Dude is entertaining and insightful. Probably my favorite show on the new station.

And very ill prepared.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 08, 2012, 10:18:14 PM

I can barely hear what they are saying on 98.7 with all the static.  I'm in SE Seminole Hts.  Nebraska between Hillsborough and MLK.  This isn't gonna do much for me.  : ((

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 09, 2012, 07:49:16 AM

And very ill prepared.

What are you talking about ?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 09, 2012, 08:03:14 AM

As opposed to the other show that is on that same time , Jim Rome , who wrote the definition for "contrived" considering his entire show is scripted.  LOL

But , hey, whatever floats your boat .

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 09, 2012, 04:54:24 PM

I'm all about the football talk , so i could careless.

BTW... I'm not sure Jim Rome even knows the Rays exist, LOL.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 09, 2012, 05:11:26 PM

What are you talking about ?

the first day i heard him talk he called roy miller a 2nd round pick, said gillespie was the UF RB, and had some crazy logic that i wish i could remember.  i really thought wright was gonna call him out on it, but of course let him slide.  only heard a little today so nothing bad, but his fear vs respect got old quick imo.

im probably a bit biased though.  the guy talks like he was all world when in fact he was very average considering his draft status.  i still cringe thinking we had jevon kearse gift wrapped.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 09, 2012, 05:12:59 PM

I'll listen to Rush Limbaugh before those two.

ugh.  i heard him talk for an hour about how special it was for him to be on air for 24 years.  cant imagine how much he will kiss his own behind next year.

keep yourself out of the story and id tune in much more.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 16, 2012, 07:19:53 PM

well its certainly official for me, booger is awful.  id love to hear todd wrights honest opinion of him.  oh well, at least its local.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : August 16, 2012, 07:20:58 PM

I agree. Very bad.  I don't like the Commish w/ Gary Sheldon either. Bad combination.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Gets All-Sports FM Station Starting In August - 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools