Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Gets All-Sports FM Station Starting In August - 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 17, 2012, 08:20:28 AM

Stroud and Jones 6-9 a.m. They just had a good interview w/ John Lynch.

Do you work for 620 ? LOL. Seems like you're going out of your way to advertise for one and bash the other.

...Trying a little to hard....just sayin.

Stroud and Jones are horrible , BTW.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#61 : August 17, 2012, 08:37:25 AM

Stroud and Jones 6-9 a.m. They just had a good interview w/ John Lynch.

Do you work for 620 ? LOL. Seems like you're going out of your way to advertise for one and bash the other.

...Trying a little to hard....just sayin.

Agree......both a couple of insiders that will never be objective for fear of losing that locker room gig......Reminds me of Roy Cummings...biggest butt kisser journalist in the area.......

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#62 : August 17, 2012, 08:51:40 AM

Man, that'll definitely beat what's playing on that station these days.

Nothing but Celine Dion-type, my wife just left me garbage.

Can't wait.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#63 : August 17, 2012, 11:16:59 AM

I knew from the get go that you were a lowbrow Sileo listener.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : August 17, 2012, 11:42:14 AM

both a couple of insiders that will never be objective for fear of losing that locker room gig...

That's not really how it works. In order to lose access to the team as a journalist, you'd have to do something really terrible and unfair. Teams don't just deny access due to criticism.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucHorn

Rookie

#65 : August 17, 2012, 11:55:15 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. There is a lot about 620 that is lacking plus I can't stand Jim Rome.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#66 : August 17, 2012, 12:07:17 PM

both a couple of insiders that will never be objective for fear of losing that locker room gig...

That's not really how it works. In order to lose access to the team as a journalist, you'd have to do something really terrible and unfair. Teams don't just deny access due to criticism.

That's just some fantasy you have dude.........Martin Fennely tells it like it is.........and he doesn't have a personal locker at 1Bucplace.. Wake up bro'.........

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#67 : August 17, 2012, 12:19:35 PM

It's not really a fantasy, it's my experience from working at multiple sports radio stations, interning at a news station and being the sports editor for UCF's paper.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#68 : August 17, 2012, 12:26:52 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. There is a lot about 620 that is lacking plus I can't stand Jim Rome.

If you're new to the area ----Deumig (3-6) is the most controversial show - bashes callers, is very opinionated -and can be very negative. I understand he was really rough on Gruden. He supported Raheem, and now it's hard to tell about Coach S. The other day he was mocking the discipline thing - I guess he's on the fence about the new regime. He does provoke conversation, even though he's mostly negative.

WDAE's morning show is worth a listen, if you're new (6-9). The 9-12 is weak (Ron and Ian) but sometimes they can get good interviewees.

I recommend WDAE 6-9, The Commish 98.7 FM (or 1010 a.m) 10-2, and if you can tolerate Duemig - later in the day.

I listen to Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd nationally. Both are thought provoking.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#69 : August 17, 2012, 12:30:44 PM

Thought provoking?          Dang............that shiz is not S.Tampa friendly......

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#70 : August 17, 2012, 12:56:15 PM

It's not really a fantasy, it's my experience from working at multiple sports radio stations, interning at a news station and being the sports editor for UCF's paper.

Why ruin a good story with valid empirical data?

No fun

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#71 : August 17, 2012, 01:12:58 PM

Have to give Gary Shelton some time. This is his first week - I think he's getting used to the routine. Stroud started off very weak early on and now he's a natural.
: August 17, 2012, 01:19:49 PM morgan

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#72 : August 17, 2012, 01:19:12 PM

Also, co-hosting with someone is an entirely different skill than hosting on your own. I'd expect everyone to need an adjustment period to get comfortable with the person they're hosting with.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#73 : August 17, 2012, 06:57:20 PM

Also, co-hosting with someone is an entirely different skill than hosting on your own. I'd expect everyone to need an adjustment period to get comfortable with the person they're hosting with.

Exactly .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Gets All-Sports FM Station Starting In August - 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools