Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib in the Community « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 27, 2012, 08:21:11 PM

Is anyone under the impression that he is being forced to do this?

I have never once in his career here in Tampa ever heard of him ever doing anything that extends into the community.

And 1 gesture does not make up for all the stupid ass crap he has done over his course of the career.

Truly pathetic it takes the guy 5 years, several arrests. and 3 coaches later to finally get his act together.

I don't believe that he can be made to do anything that's not in his contract. As for getting his act together, some people need guidance more than others.... and its obvious he wasn't getting it from his former coach. Schiano has made his expectations known and given the guy a clean slate. It might serve you better to keep an open mind.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 27, 2012, 08:21:22 PM

Schiano says he's done everything asked of him since he came onboard....so it seems he's at least "attempting" to walk the straight and narrow.

Winslow and Tanard obviously had no interest in Schiano's message and consequently are wearing new colors this year....it appears Talib is trying.....why doust thou shat on him for that?

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 27, 2012, 08:22:47 PM

I have never once in his career here in Tampa ever heard of him ever doing anything that extends into the community.

And 1 gesture does not make up for all the stupid ass crap he has done over his course of the career.

Truly pathetic it takes the guy 5 years, several arrests. and 3 coaches later to finally get his act together.

I love people who take something positive and crap all over it. Well done. ::)

I hear charles Manson is going to volunteer at Shriners right before his parole hearing, guess he's a "changed man" too....

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 27, 2012, 08:24:04 PM

I love people who take something positive and crap all over it. Well done. ::)

I hear charles Manson is going to volunteer at Shriners right before his parole hearing, guess he's a "changed man" too....

No stretch there Doc.... Talib = Manson. Ok...
: June 27, 2012, 08:25:47 PM Bschucher

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 27, 2012, 08:30:45 PM

I don't believe that he can be made to do anything that's not in his contract.

I'm under the impression players, NFL-wide, are supposed to participate in some sort of community outreach.  I doubt this is the first time Talib has been involved in such activities.  They usually get to choose what those activities are, but I'm pretty sure they have to something.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 27, 2012, 08:31:11 PM

I don't believe that he can be made to do anything that's not in his contract. As for getting his act together, some people need guidance more than others.... and its obvious he wasn't getting it from his former coach. Schiano has made his expectations known and given the guy a clean slate. It might serve you better to keep an open mind.

Because first impressions last Hate.

He had character flaws going into the draft. And had them all the way through his entire career. But now magically, up to this point, he is starting to see the light?

At what point do you recognize that its beyond a coach's ability to control a player? Talib is one of those guys that is almost not worth bothering with.

He's extremely overrated on this message board.  All this Pro-Bowl non-sense...pfft...how about you finish a season and not get burned for 50yd+ td's through it?

Go Bucs 2012

Rookie

#21 : June 27, 2012, 08:35:26 PM

Well maybe he knows that he must walk a straight line to stick around

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 27, 2012, 08:39:19 PM

You'll never read me singing his pro bowl praises. What i will say is he's the best CB we have. The coach has deemed his slate clean and has proclaimed him a model citizen under his watch. Perhaps that's not good enough for you..... and you'd be well within your right to not want him on the team. Schiano's endorsement is good enough for me.... and i'll be cheering him on Sundays. Will you??

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 27, 2012, 08:45:49 PM

Its June...its the most dead period in the NFL right now... and every sport except Baseball is in its off-season...

Excuse me for my overly cranky attitude.

In September I root for everyone. I may not like him off the field but on the field I just hope he can play well enough to where we don't have to worry.

But to be honest, I really don't see him being here next year. Isn't this his last year of the contract?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 27, 2012, 08:55:15 PM

I'm under the impression players, NFL-wide, are supposed to participate in some sort of community outreach. 

Where has that been for the past few years? Hasn't this team been constantly bashed for NOT being involved in the community?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 27, 2012, 08:58:17 PM

Where has that been for the past few years? Hasn't this team been constantly bashed for NOT being involved in the community?

Define involved in the community. You could argue that Talib's famous cab ride was him being involved in the community......so to speak.....or even Geno Hayes' little taser incident outside a night club.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 27, 2012, 08:59:50 PM

Define involved in the community.

I don't feel it necessary

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 27, 2012, 09:09:15 PM

Define involved in the community.

I don't feel it necessary

Lol.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 27, 2012, 09:24:40 PM

1. Great to see Coach reach out and get Talib involved.
2. Great to see Talib accept.

Really shows these two are on the same page, Talib is one guy I hope buys in 100%. And this is a great sign, just Coach and Talib bonding.....nice!!!
     EXACTLY!!   Schiano looks after his players, both on AND off the field. That's what a good coach does. Talib needs this kind of POSITIVE experience to help keep his head and life straight, and I'm sure Schiano knows that... EXCELLENT!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 27, 2012, 09:33:28 PM

I just can't see how this can be looked at as anything other than positive. Just can't fathom it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib in the Community « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools