Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib in the Community « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 27, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

I just can't see how this can be looked at as anything other than positive. Just can't fathom it.

You forget the personalities you are dealing with on this MB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 27, 2012, 09:41:10 PM

I just can't see how this can be looked at as anything other than positive. Just can't fathom it.

You forget the personalities you are dealing with on this MB.

Personality wouldn't be my word of choice.

-------------------------------------------------------

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 27, 2012, 09:45:00 PM

I'm under the impression players, NFL-wide, are supposed to participate in some sort of community outreach. 

Where has that been for the past few years? Hasn't this team been constantly bashed for NOT being involved in the community?

I don't remember the lack involvement within the community being a huge gripe, but I wouldn't doubt it.  Nevertheless, the Bucs (along with every other NFL team) have their players involved in one way or another:

http://www.nfl.com/community

http://www.buccaneers.com/community/index.html

http://web2.buccaneers.com/community/ticket-programs

http://web2.buccaneers.com/community/player-foundations/

http://web2.buccaneers.com/community/community-programs/

....and a few more.

You'll read in that last one how they get the players introduced to the community outreach as rookies, and from there they make their own decisions about where they do their outreach annually.  But I'm pretty sure all players on the team are "asked" to something in the community.  The same is true of MLB and NBA players.

Freeman just did his football camp, I believe.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 27, 2012, 10:01:50 PM

Nothing but a good sign, I think the guy is a thug azz punk, but as long as he is "acting", or BEING a good human being for the moment, how can anyone "Hate" on that?

I hope he proves me wrong, as I am a severe hater, because it means there is one more decent human being in the world.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 27, 2012, 11:22:35 PM

Nothing but a good sign, I think the guy is a thug azz punk, but as long as he is "acting", or BEING a good human being for the moment, how can anyone "Hate" on that?

I hope he proves me wrong, as I am a severe hater, because it means there is one more decent human being in the world.

Agree Boid it's gotta be genuine. But I think the guy can change. I think he's beginning his turn around now. Guy just needs to stay at it and more importantly stay out of trouble.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 27, 2012, 11:30:48 PM

Is anyone under the impression that he is being forced to do this?

I have never once in his career here in Tampa ever heard of him ever doing anything that extends into the community.

And 1 gesture does not make up for all the stupid ass crap he has done over his course of the career.

Truly pathetic it takes the guy 5 years, several arrests. and 3 coaches later to finally get his act together.

I agree it shouldn't have taken so long. However to me it doesn't matter if it is the first try or the 1,000th whatever and however you can get through to a person whether it be an adult or child then it is worth trying. I am not here to defend Talib. But I don't know his circumstances, how he grew up, his issues or anything other than what we see in the locker room every day. If guidance from Schiano is what he needed than so be it. Just my opinion man.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 27, 2012, 11:37:18 PM

Is anyone under the impression that he is being forced to do this?

I have never once in his career here in Tampa ever heard of him ever doing anything that extends into the community.

And 1 gesture does not make up for all the stupid ass crap he has done over his course of the career.

Truly pathetic it takes the guy 5 years, several arrests. and 3 coaches later to finally get his act together.

I agree it shouldn't have taken so long. However to me it doesn't matter if it is the first try or the 1,000th whatever and however you can get through to a person whether it be an adult or child then it is worth trying. I am not here to defend Talib. But I don't know his circumstances, how he grew up, his issues or anything other than what we see in the locker room every day. If guidance from Schiano is what he needed than so be it. Just my opinion man.

Agree MC. None of us really know him enough to really be able to judge him 100% as a "bad guy". We just don't.

Jr.3

Second String

#37 : June 27, 2012, 11:42:07 PM

Heck if our last coaching staff kept J. Stevens, I'm all for keeping Talib.

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 28, 2012, 12:05:40 AM

Nobody's saying it isn't a positive, but some people also see that this is more likely to be image rehabilitation than a sudden maturing of a guy who's been thuggin' it up his whole life.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 28, 2012, 12:21:01 AM

Nobody's saying it isn't a positive, but some people also see that this is more likely to be image rehabilitation than a sudden maturing of a guy who's been thuggin' it up his whole life.

I know what your saying but the guy has all the freedom in the world to get away from that life and turn it around. This is a step in the right direction. Let's just hope he stays on it.

Jr.3

Second String

#40 : June 28, 2012, 12:21:41 AM

I'm more impressed with him being at One Buc working out on his own time.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 28, 2012, 07:23:09 AM

I'm more impressed with him being at One Buc working out on his own time.

Agreed.

I don't remember any time in the past he didn't run back to Texas any chance he could get.

The fact he is still here and being more exposed to Schiano is a plus.

Right now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, unlike some others.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#42 : June 28, 2012, 08:50:10 AM

I like it,

He hasn't been involved in anything negative since the shooting in Texas, Coach has stated more than once he has been at every voluntary practice and has done everything that has been asked of him since he took over the team. This same Coach cut Tanard Jackson and Traded K2 for peanuts. He obviously isn't messing around so I have no reason to not believe him.

Combine that with the endorsement form Derrick Brooks and it's looking like he is starting to turn the corner. When you have a past like Talib you will never truly leave it behind, It's like an recovering alcoholic, he will have to prove it everyday for the rest of his career and that will still not be enough for some.

The next big test will be the foolish personal fouls and the Quit on plays. If his temper is truly under control we will see it out the field when he goes up against Steve Smith and other receivers who know how to get under his skin and draw out a bad penalty.

A sign of a good coach isn't taking good mature players and having them play well, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks are already great players that know how to be great. The mark of a good coach is taking players not playing up to their potential and getting the most out of those type of players. Coach appears to be working on the players who need the most help fist and the Team has the most to gain by getting the under achievers playing up to their full potential.

I love this coach.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 28, 2012, 08:57:24 AM

I hope this is a sign of things to come from Talib. He could be such a great player if he really put his mind to it.

But right now it sort of looks a little too good to be true. To go from almost being sent to prison up to 20 years to this. I dont buy it entirely.

But like I said, I hope this is the new Aqib Talib

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 28, 2012, 09:00:56 AM

I've said on several occasions that Schiano's influence is/was going to be just what Talib needed to be a grown up - someone who we as fans can be proud of...  the very early results are good.

Talib is important to the success of this defense this year, regardless of what some nobody on a MB  thinks...

Perfect storm - new system, new coach, TBA and a contract year?   NIce.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib in the Community « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools