Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will have the bigger year? ..... Doug Martin or Reggie Bush? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 30, 2012, 11:25:20 AM

I'll predict Bush goes back to having more receiving yards than rushing yards this season. Probably something like 500 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving. I think Martin will top those numbers.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 30, 2012, 11:26:40 AM

What running back has been more overrated than Bush? Just curious.
Tim Tebow?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 30, 2012, 11:27:19 AM

lol

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 30, 2012, 11:31:54 AM

Has he really been overrated as a runningback in the NFL though. I mean, really.

Theres allways been a lot of hype around him coming out of college and about his off the field relationships. But I don't really recall anyone saying that he was a great runningback, only that he's been a special player in the open field. Wich is true.

But I don't think he's ever been overrated. Overhyped maybe, but not overrated.

Then again, maybe Ive just ignored it since I can't stand him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 30, 2012, 11:41:09 AM

Bush had over 600 yards rushing for the FIRST time ever last year. He had a decent year last year, but he is still the most overrated running back ever imo. He's a WR. Always has been. Plus, he will be sharing carries with Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller. Martin will have a much bigger year imo.

Before last season, I'd agree with you.  I constantly bashed him about being a puss, only wanting to run in space.  But last season, he was a changed back.  He hit the holes with authority and wasn't afraid to run inside.  He turned himself into a good NFL running back last season.

Now let's see if he still has that attitude in 2012 and beyond.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 30, 2012, 11:45:19 AM

Recent rbs who are slightly overrated...Mendenhall, Addai, maybe even Lesean mccoy as of late. In NFL history..an argument can be made that OJ Simpson was overrated due to having one simply fantastic season.

All im saying is.."bush is the most overrated RB ever" is a classic Jdub reach...especially when it helps to lift up a player you "cream" for...IE..Martin.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 30, 2012, 12:39:39 PM

Mendenhall is pretty damn good when he's healthy. Better than bush at least.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2012, 07:29:56 PM

Recent rbs who are slightly overrated...Mendenhall, Addai, maybe even Lesean mccoy as of late. In NFL history..an argument can be made that OJ Simpson was overrated due to having one simply fantastic season.

All im saying is.."bush is the most overrated RB ever" is a classic Jdub reach...especially when it helps to lift up a player you "cream" for...IE..Martin.

I chuckled a little bit at "one fantastic season."  In 1973, he ran for 2,003 yards in 14 games (which was the NFL record at the time), then followed it up with 2243 yards from scrimmage (NFL record at the time) and 23 touchdowns (NFL record) in 1975.  Those two seasons alone (discounting the other two seasons in which he led the league in rushing) might've earned him a Hall of Fame spot.  Throw in the fact that he finished his career as the second all-time leading rusher with six career 200-yard games on his resume, I probably wouldn't argue against him.

Most overrated murderer?  Maybe.  Most overrated running back?  I'd probably go with Paul Hornung.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 30, 2012, 08:42:16 PM

I chuckled a little bit at "one fantastic season."  In 1973, he ran for 2,003 yards in 14 games (which was the NFL record at the time), then followed it up with 2243 yards from scrimmage (NFL record at the time) and 23 touchdowns (NFL record) in 1975.  Those two seasons alone (discounting the other two seasons in which he led the league in rushing) might've earned him a Hall of Fame spot.  Throw in the fact that he finished his career as the second all-time leading rusher with six career 200-yard games on his resume, I probably wouldn't argue against him.

Most overrated murderer?  Maybe.  Most overrated running back?  I'd probably go with Paul Hornung.

First question is just classic!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 30, 2012, 08:59:00 PM

WOW.  When was that recorded?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 30, 2012, 10:53:12 PM

Reggie will have a better year. More carries, more production.

Tht isn't a knock on Martin, keep in mind he is a rookie and I personally doubt he ends up with as many carries as Blount.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 30, 2012, 11:34:33 PM

Recent rbs who are slightly overrated...Mendenhall, Addai, maybe even Lesean mccoy as of late.

McCoy overrated? My brotha..... is that a joke?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 30, 2012, 11:37:00 PM

I don't get how McCoy is overrated. Had most prolific season for an eagles back last year.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 01, 2012, 12:05:44 AM

Recent rbs who are slightly overrated...Mendenhall, Addai, maybe even Lesean mccoy as of late.

McCoy overrated? My brotha..... is that a joke?

We should be so lucky to have a guy like LeSean on the Bucs.   Maybe Martin turns into that good of a player, we shall see soon enough.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 01, 2012, 08:49:19 AM

Overrated? Over the last two years he had 2400 rushing yards and 900 receiving yards with 29 TDs....and he is probably the closest thing to Barry Sanders this generation will see.

: July 01, 2012, 08:52:47 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will have the bigger year? ..... Doug Martin or Reggie Bush? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools