Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New leaked e-mail suggests Joe Pa had active role in Sandusky cover-up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 12, 2012, 01:28:29 PM

How we can have eleventy-bajillion Trayvon Martin posts, yet this evil bastard (take your pick of which "evil bastard" I'm referring to) has less than a page of response?

I beg...  Sticky this PR.  Let it serve as a reminder to all of us.

I hope they shut the doors of PSU myself.

I also hope there's a HELL for them to rot in.

And...  If "the Paterno family" had an ounce of remorse, which they should, they would be more concerned about the welfare of these children, now entering adulthood, as they move forward with their individual lives. But no...  they're more concerned about the image of their now dead patriarch.

How the parents of ANY one of these kids didn't go all "Jack Ruby" on Sandusky is beyond me...  Hell - I'd sit in jail every day, for the rest of MY life, just to know this bastard died.  Period.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 12, 2012, 03:08:31 PM

There is no "suggests" here. The Joe Pa plan to stop a rapist:
Grant him emeritus status. This frees him from his football duties so he has more time to "groom" victims. At the same time, he still has full access to the prestige of the university and its facilities - including Sandusky's own private office (or rape center, if you prefer). Good plan, gentlemen, good plan. The result was that an assistant coach actually caught Sandusky sodomizing a ten year old boy in the showers. He went to Joe Pa with what he saw, and it got covered up - so that Joe Pa could continue his coaching career.

I hope that stinking piece of crap is burning in hell right now.

+1

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 12, 2012, 05:57:36 PM

Death penalty is coming for Penn State.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : July 12, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

I believe the "death penalty" requires a history of previous infractions.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 12, 2012, 06:17:28 PM

I'm not entirely sure on the rule. But I'm sure in an extreme case like this they could still do it.

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

#20 : July 14, 2012, 12:21:57 PM

Death penalty is coming for Penn State.

If THIS doesn't give cause for the death penalty, then what DOES??

Still galls me that there's still Paterno apologists that still support him and deny everything.
I hope Paterno suffers an eternity of what he caused to those poor kids. And if the cowardly pupe Sandusky doesn't kill himself, the rest of the prison population should give him a taste of justice.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 14, 2012, 03:45:33 PM

OK, first calm down, I'm asking because I don't know, not because I'm defending anything. But can the sports programs get the death penalty for a non sports related event? The team wasn't cheating or gaining an upper hand in anyway that I've heard. Or is the NCAA regulations broad enough to cover things like this?
: July 14, 2012, 03:51:19 PM Freddy

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 14, 2012, 05:34:48 PM

Current criteria

The NCAA has always had the power to ban an institution from competing in a particular sport.
However, in 1985, in response to rampant violations with the Clemson University steroid scandal program, the NCAA Council passed the "repeat violator" rule. The rule stipulates that if a second major violation occurs at any institution within five years of being on probation in the same sport or another sport, that institution can be barred from competing in the sport involved in the second violation for either one or two seasons. In cases of particularly egregious misconduct, a school can also be stripped of its right to vote at NCAA conventions for four years. The severity of the penalty led the media to dub it "the death penalty," and the nickname has persisted to this day.[2] However, if the NCAA finds a school has engaged in a "pattern of willful violations," it can look back to when the violations first occurred, even if they are outside the five-year window.[3] It also still has the power to ban a school from competing in a sport without any preliminaries in cases of particularly egregious violations. However, the "repeat violator" rule gave the Infractions Committees of the various NCAA divisions specific instances where they must either bar a school from competing or explain why they did not.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 15, 2012, 12:10:10 PM

Why do the current players, students, alumni, and fans have to pay?

Do and thurough job of cleaning house, and then let them keep their team.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 15, 2012, 02:48:25 PM

Why do the current players, students, alumni, and fans have to pay?

Do and thurough job of cleaning house, and then let them keep their team.

It's not a case of the others "having to pay" for the past.

Step 1 - The school should be held finicially responsible - in any and all cases - for current students, AND any faculty or staff, desirng to relocate to any other school.
Step 2 - Let them chill...  On ice for at least 5 years, preferably 10.  NO FOOTBALL PROGRAM.  Period.
Step 3 - Clean house and let them restablish themselves, based strictlly on their merit.
Step 4 - Remove ANY semblance of "Jo anything"...  No buildings.  No statues.  Nothing...

I know...  It seems waaaay overboard.  I mean, PSU has undeniably done so much, for so very many students, and the NCAA, but - it all means nothing at the cost of even ONE CHILD, much less the many that had the personal courage to come forward.

And for every one that had the stones to come forward...  How many didn't...?

As usual...  The cover-up is worse than the crime...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 15, 2012, 08:49:36 PM

This is the reason the program needs to be a nuked....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=9145526

The cult of JoePa.  Reading some of the posts on there makes it easy for me to punish the kids(players), fans, admin, etc...the whole stinking college.  The cult-like attitude needs to be put down.

Nuke em.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : July 16, 2012, 08:10:12 AM

" The cult-like attitude needs to be put down."

This is the very thing that enabled Paterno to protect a child molester and keep him in business, and it's still in place. A flaw in the system has been revealed. Are we going to fix the system, or address this incident by itself then act surprised when the next rapist is uncovered?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

#27 : July 16, 2012, 08:21:23 AM

This is the reason the program needs to be a nuked....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=9145526

The cult of JoePa.  Reading some of the posts on there makes it easy for me to punish the kids(players), fans, admin, etc...the whole stinking college.  The cult-like attitude needs to be put down.

Nuke em.

Reading through the posts just made me hate those apologist bastards more than I hated them before. I have no doubt even if Sandusky raped one of their OWN kids, the blind fanatical loyalty to Paterno and PSU would have them tell the kid " I'm sorry son, but you if it comes between you and Penn State, then take one for the team"  >:(
*sighs* But, as much fury as I, and many with common sense and deceny have, I expect NOTHING to happen from the NCAA on this. Penn State is still a cash cow (how much remains to be seen after this), but the NCAA will NOT rock the boat. They'll hope it just goes away. And don't be suprised if the police at Penn State games treat protesters even MORE harshly for speaking out .

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 16, 2012, 08:35:42 AM

Quote from: Illuminator
" The cult-like attitude needs to be put down."

This is the very thing that enabled Paterno to protect a child molester and keep him in business, and it's still in place. A flaw in the system has been revealed. Are we going to fix the system, or address this incident by itself then act surprised when the next rapist is uncovered?

Probably act surprised when the next rapist is uncovered.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 16, 2012, 01:10:14 PM

Three more people come forward.  I have heard that the estimated kids molested would be close to 100. 

The Paterno family is in complete denial and they make me as sick as Sandusky.

I say go scorched earth on Happy Valley and just start over.  Reduce them to a liberal arts college.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New leaked e-mail suggests Joe Pa had active role in Sandusky cover-up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools