Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New leaked e-mail suggests Joe Pa had active role in Sandusky cover-up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : July 16, 2012, 03:08:56 PM

Looks like there's a possibility they could go after Paterno's estate:
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/07/14/joe-paterno-william-lynn-child-endangerment_n_1673141.html

I hope they do, and I hope they get it. Paterno is getting revealed.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 16, 2012, 06:57:07 PM

I think Corbett goes down at some point as well.

What I can't understand is the continuation of Sandusky's use of the facilities...the cover up is one thing but how do you let the monster continue?  JoePa had MM's first hand story of a "sexual nature"....he admitted this in his grand jury testimony.  So, how then after one of your assistants is visibly upset and tells you that Sandusky was having sex with a boy do you let him back into your facility?

JoePa is burning...no roasting as we speak....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 16, 2012, 07:34:40 PM

How the parents of ANY one of these kids didn't go all "Jack Ruby" on Sandusky is beyond me...  Hell - I'd sit in jail every day, for the rest of MY life, just to know this bastard died.  Period.

Remember this:

That would be me!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 16, 2012, 07:57:18 PM

The entire purpose of the 'Second Mile' organization was for Sandusky to be able to select "at risk" children, those whose parents could be bought off or wouldn't even notice.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 16, 2012, 08:06:40 PM

This is why you NUKE the program.....

roarlionsroar31 Recruit
32 posts this site
Ignore this Member
 Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 7:52 PM

Re: this IS a football matter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is NOT a football issue.   I am sick and tired of hearing talking heads, sports writers nobody has ever heard of before trying to get their 15 minutes, the "extreme" headline driven media, and the "holier than thou" opposing fan bases telling us how corupt our football program was.  If we were this obsessed, football before everything culture that we are being made out to be, don't you think we would have been going out of our way to win at all costs?  Clearly, our history of recruiting violations, kickbacks to parents, leinient academic guidelines for athletes, purchasing of cars and gifts for prospective players all because we had to win at all costs....uh...wait...that describes the actions of most of the schools in the SEC over the years.  I guess our culture WASN'T football before everything?  We actually had students graduating and taking classes.  So, then how do I respond to the accusations that it was "to protect the football program" that their was a "cover up?"  First of all, I use common sense, unlike the hatemongers and the pc networks and talking heads.  The 98 issue was investigated by the police and no charges were filed.  I guess he should have been fired right there huh, because he was accused of a crime?  I would like to think that if I knew somebody for 20 -30 years or more, somebody I have known to be of high quality and who has been know to be somebody who has donated hours and hours of time to HELPING kids over the years, that I would not simply turn my back on them based on an accusation. Most people would not have either, most people would have stood by this person and probably would have thought that the charges " could not be true."  That is called being in a relationship, most people we consider to be our friends usually and probably should give the benefit of the doubt.  It is also up for debate how much people actually knew about what charges were filed and who was contacted by police.  Paterno's knowledge of the situation is still in doubt.  Th Freeh report did not have undeniable evidence that he did know.  Secondly, the 2001 incident was brought to Paterno.  It should not have been brought to him.  A former employee, no longer Paterno.  McQueary should have went straight to the police if he was sure of what he saw. Anyhow, he is reported to have given Paterno a "watered down version".  Paterno does what he is supposed to and reports it up the chain even though he should never have been brought into this in the first place.  Freeh higlights that "Paterno did not want to ruin everybody's weekend" even though he actually did contact Curley on that Sunday.  Even so, the fact that he even said that seems to indicate he did not think it was as serious as it was.  Curley, Scultz, now Spanier all claim that they did not think it was as serious as it was.  If indeed McQueary was not as bold with his details as he was once the GJ got to him, then what do we have?  We have men, as evidence by theri emails, that were unsure of how to act.  If you know you are dealing with a pedophile, you would NOT be unsure of how to act.  If you are NOT sure if a crime has been committed, I would expect to see emails like what we read.  Also, if your intentions are, as being explained by the Freeh report, to cover this up, then why do you bring in a lawyer to counsel you on what to do?  I would think a cover up would want to involve LESS people??  It seems reasonable based on what I have read, that they did not undetstand what they were dealing with.  That is might have been very well "horseplay" they were understding this to be.  The fact that they use the word "humane" in reference to dealing with sandusky indicates to me that they were conidering the ramifications of turning in a man they had serious doubts about his guilt.  I know, I know, that people will respond, "even so, you turn it in."   Easy to say when you don't know the accused for 20 -30 years, and you know how it works in this world.  You get accused of child abuse or molestation in this society, it does not matter if you are vindicated 1000 times over, in the eyes of the public you will always be tainted and assumed guilty, your reputation ruined.  Maybe people, instead of just automatically going to hate and "I would have done this, I would have done that" BS, maybe people can place themselves in the situation and place themselves in a position where they may potentialy ruin a friend or co-workers life if their judgment is not correct.  Just something to think about.  Clearly Sandusky is guilty, but this is 2012, that was 2001 and alot is now known that was not then.  Things are not always as evident or clear as they appear to be at the time.  Everybody is Sherlock Holmes now that all the evidence and timeline has been shown at nasuea.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 16, 2012, 09:24:38 PM

Why do the current players, students, alumni, and fans have to pay?

Do and thurough job of cleaning house, and then let them keep their team.
You could say the same for the SMU players that weren't affected by what happened to them. I'm sure the NCAA would allow transfers to other schools and allow them to play right away without having to sit out a year. Most of the players on Penn State could easily go to another big school and play.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 19, 2012, 02:36:42 PM

Paterno was most often compared to Paul "Bear" Bryant and later to Bobby Bowden. There is no doubt whatsoever that neither of them would have allowed that situation to continue. Bryant would have put the man in the hospital. Bowden would have him in jail before the sun went down. I live in eastern Pennsylvania and frequent several private clubs (bar/restaurants) in the Bethlehem area. Paterno has been a major topic of conversation, and NOBODY (not one single person) has made any attempt to defend him. They are disgusted with the whole situation. Punishment for the university is a hot and debated topic. Most of these people either went to school there or have friends/relatives who did. Even so, there are many who favor the death penalty, some more for Sandusky than the school. It blows the mind that "pillars of the community" would favor the reputation of a school over the health and well being of a child. These people not only covered it up, they allowed it to continue. Each and every one who could have put a stop to it and didn't, should be sent to prison for at least a year IMO. That won't happen but it should.

As for the school, I favor a permanent banishment from all sports as an example for any other college or university who might consider hiding a scandal. Pennsylvania has many other schools that have athletic programs, and I doubt Penn State is an attractive place for many young people these days. Paterno stressed earning a degree to his players. Education should be the focus now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 19, 2012, 02:40:13 PM

There is no doubt whatsoever that neither of them would have allowed that situation to continue. Bryant would have put the man in the hospital. Bowden would have him in jail before the sun went down.

Agreed.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 19, 2012, 06:45:09 PM

Just a little reminder about "Saint" Bobby....

http://articles.philly.com/2003-09-27/sports/25457311_1_bobby-bowden-circuit-judge-kathleen-dekker-life-sentences

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 20, 2012, 03:14:35 AM

Just a little reminder about "Saint" Bobby....

http://articles.philly.com/2003-09-27/sports/25457311_1_bobby-bowden-circuit-judge-kathleen-dekker-life-sentences

You have to admit 6 life sentences is a bit overkill. 2 or 3 would be much more appropriate under the circumstances.

Still, I have to believe Sandusky would get no letter from "Saint" Bobby. Raping a 10 year old boy is in a whole new category.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 20, 2012, 05:35:23 PM

How the parents of ANY one of these kids didn't go all "Jack Ruby" on Sandusky is beyond me...  Hell - I'd sit in jail every day, for the rest of MY life, just to know this bastard died.  Period.

Remember this:

That would be me!!

Father got only 5 years probation for killing that scumbag? There is justice in the world!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 22, 2012, 09:10:08 AM

The Joe Paterno statue was removed Sunday morning from its pedestal outside Beaver Stadium, and it will be stored in an unnamed "secure location," Penn State president Rodney Erickson announced. Erickson also said the Paterno name will remain on the university's library.

Shortly before dawn in State College, Pa., a work crew installed chain-link fences to barricade access to Porter Road outside Beaver Stadium and covered the fence with a blue tarp.

The work crew then removed the 7-foot high bronze statue by forklift and placed it into the lower level of the stadium. Erickson released his highly sensitive decision to the public at 7 a.m. ET Sunday.

Penn State: 'A Source Of Division'

Paterno statue Penn State president Rodney Erickson, in a news release Sunday morning, called the Joe Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium "an obstacle to healing in our University and beyond." Complete statement

The decision came 10 days after a scathing report by former FBI director Louis J. Freeh found that Paterno, with three other top Penn State administrators, had concealed the allegations of child sexual abuse made by former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. The Freeh report concluded their motive was to shield the university and its football program from negative publicity.

Erickson's decision to remove the statue but keep the Paterno name on the library appears to be the product of compromise. Keeping his name on the library does not entirely disconnect Penn State from Paterno's contributions -- from the millions of dollars he donated to his 61-year coaching career to the university's academic life.

Reminds me of....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8188530/joe-paterno-statue-removed-penn-state-university-beaver-stadium
: July 22, 2012, 09:37:46 AM morgan

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 22, 2012, 09:37:21 AM

Franco Harris wept.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#43 : July 23, 2012, 09:10:53 AM

Looks like DUImeg thinks JoePa didn't know what was going on...
http://www.facebook.com/BigDog.wdae/posts/259214654188823?ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 23, 2012, 09:13:41 AM

Penn St got off pretty easy. 4 year bowl ban, 4 years with loss of 10 scholarships, 60 mill in fines and loss of all wins since 1999.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New leaked e-mail suggests Joe Pa had active role in Sandusky cover-up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools