Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Eric Wright Leave Greg Schiano’s Any Choice? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

michael89136

Practice Squad

« : July 02, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »

Did Eric Wright Leave Greg Schiano’s Any Choice?

When new head coach Greg Schiano came to town, he brought a new mentality and philosophy with him; evidently Eric Wright missed that email.  He spoke of “Buccaneer Men”, and with it came the mantra of “Trust, Belief and Accountability”.

Well, if the recent news out of Los Angeles is in fact Accountable, and I Trust the evidence warrants Belief, there’s going to be hell to pay!  Let me assure you of this, I can confidently relay to you that this has gone over like a lead balloon with the front office, and most specifically, head coach Greg Schiano.  And now, hold your breath…

When Eric Wright took the executioner’s platform, I mean “stage”, I’m sure he had something completely different in mind.  Instead, Wright has becomes Schiano’s first real discipline problem to address, and the outlook is grim maybe.  I do know that Schiano will allow all of the evidence to come in before anything is done.  He is very purposeful, and not the knee-jerk reactionary type.  But when it does, I sincerely hope it’s favorable for young Eric Wright, because if not — this could get ugly.

Greg Schiano is not just the Head Coach for an area football team.  He’s been charged, along with Mark Dominik and the entire PR department, to create a new culture around this team.  A culture known for young men that behave exemplary, and are all role models for the community.

Now, Greg Schiano is left with very little choice, isn’t he?  If in fact Wright is found guilty of felony DUI, does Schiano have any choice but to jettison him, a la Tanard Jackson and Kellen Winslow?  He got rid of those two malcontents simply due to a lack of dedication and poor work ethics.  What’s Schiano going to do if one of his first acquisitions has committed a felony, before the first snap of the season?

Maybe Wright “gets another break” (he does have a somewhat checkered past with close run-ins with the law, but no charges filed) and squeaks by the long arm of the law, but Schiano might be who he should fear more.

There are other issues Wright will soon become painfully aware of.  Although I won’t bore you with the details of it all, the recently ratified CBA covers the behaviour of rookies extremely well.  Especially in the area of drugs, drinking, guns, etc.  Mr. Wright could soon be made painfully aware that not only is he not going to receive a majority of the $15mil his contract calls for in “guaranteed money”, he may well be on the hook for a majority of the signing bonus he’s sure to be enjoying quite a bit right about now in L.A.

Eric Wright put head coach Greg Schiano in a difficult position today.  One that I do not admire for either guy.

http://bucsfeed.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/did-eric-wright-leave-greg-schianos-any-choice/
« : July 02, 2012, 05:30:20 PM michael89136 »

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 02, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »

He is very purposeful, and not the knee-jerk reactionary type

I dont expect a decision made for a while. I dont see a cut this week as some people on here may want.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 02, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »

the use of felony is a joke.  drinking and driving is a serious action, but california's use of "felony" seems ridiculous to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 02, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »

It may not happen right away, but I hope it does happen. Screw this punk, ship him out.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 02, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »

It may not happen right away, but I hope it does happen. Screw this punk, ship him out.

That may just happen with Schiano running things.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 02, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »

Schiano will keep him if needed and will BOOT him if needed.

I think he'll want to be thorough and get the facts before making a decision.

what are the pros and cons to keeping him, versus the pros and cons of cutting him? That's what he must decide.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 02, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »

He is very purposeful, and not the knee-jerk reactionary type

I dont expect a decision made for a while. I dont see a cut this week as some people on here may want.

That's probably Wright's only saving grace...  Schiano's stern, but he def let it play out in court.  Never thought about that.

Yeah, you're probably right - nothing this week, unless something seriously "daming" crops up.

BUy the writer makes a good point...  Wright stepped on his Johnson, and I don't mean Calvin, on this one...  Evevry team has crap like this pop thought the season, but in this case...  He's gonna have to face the wrath of Schiano "when the whip comes down"...

Cue Rolling Stones video by Java, in 3, 2, 1...

Good piece though.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 02, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »

Wright has $15mil guaranteed coming to him. If the Bucs can't figure out a way out of that, Wright's not getting cut.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #8 : July 02, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »

The cons are everything Schiano has said so far turning into  bull if he doesn't enforce the expectations he's created. The coach handed this kid a clean slate and he took a dump on it in short order. Get rid of him.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 02, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »

what are the pros and cons to keeping him, versus the pros and cons of cutting him? That's what he must decide.

I dont think its that simple Beat. I think your right they will gather all information first. The big thing is they need to find out what was going on with him and where his head is at. It was a very stupid thing he did and was very lucky more didnt come out of it. This seems like a really sticky situation for Wright. Schiano is this no nonsense guy so it really may only take this happening for him to be shipped out. I think were gonna learn more about Schianos "Buccaneer way" when we learn about whats gonna come of this.
« : July 02, 2012, 05:43:22 PM BucBalla85 »

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #10 : July 02, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »

There is $15 mil in guaranteed money and a no so great depth chart at CB. Wright isn't going anywhere. He's a complete idiot. But unfortunately, I think we're stuck with him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 02, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

There is $15 mil in guaranteed money and a no so great depth chart at CB. Wright isn't going anywhere. He's a complete idiot. But unfortunately, I think we're stuck with him.

The 15 mil really buys him time to make himself look like a good egg again I think. If they didnt have to pay that hes easily gone.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 02, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »

You could tell this guy was trouble from the first press conference.  This will go down as a Clayton type signing.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 02, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »

The 15 mil really buys him time to make himself look like a good egg again I think. If they didnt have to pay that hes easily gone.

Maybe but there isn't a prayer the Bucs cut the guy who they owe $15 mil to. Everyone can throw out the "Schiano way" or "Buccaneer Way", etc. but finances do come into play whether we like it or not.

In a perfect world the Bucs don't start or cut Quincy Black and cut Wright immediately. How's that conversation go with the Glazers?

That's why Black will have to play himself out of the lineup and off the team and Wright will be given every chance to make himself look better in the eyes of the coach.
« : July 02, 2012, 05:54:47 PM ryan24 »

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

« #14 : July 02, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »

If Schiano cuts him it will be the beginning of the end for him. Suspend him for a couple of games.. but yeah you start cutting guys who are actually good you will be out.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Eric Wright Leave Greg Schiano’s Any Choice? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools