Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Eric Wright Leave Greg Schiano’s Any Choice? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #30 : July 02, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »

If Schiano cuts him it will be the beginning of the end for him. Suspend him for a couple of games.. but yeah you start cutting guys who are actually good you will be out.
[/b]

What does that have to do with Eric Wright? He sucks.

This will hopefully be the last straw for Bominik after Wright gets lit up all year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #31 : July 02, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

Hasn't taken long to find out there are two sets of rules - one for the players who can be moved (Jackson, Winslow) and one for the players who can't be moved (Wright).
Not at all.... this isn't even 24 hours old. Those other 2 were consistent problems.
Supposedly everyone got a clean slate when Schiano was hired. Jackson and Winslow each slipped up and they were gone. Talib hasn't had a slip up, so he's still here. Wright has now had his slip up.

He's been found guilty? Where?
Jackson and Winslow never got arrested.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #32 : July 02, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

Supposedly everyone got a clean slate when Schiano was hired. Jackson and Winslow each slipped up and they were gone. Talib hasn't had a slip up, so he's still here. Wright has now had his slip up.

i think you are stretching it to assume that all "slip-ups" are equal.  that every "sin" should be judged the same.  talib and jackson both made it clear to schiano that they werent going to put in the work that schiano demanded.  not sure if thats the case with wright.  sure, he screwed up, we can all agree to that.   and while schiano is trying to change the culture in Tampa...not sure he is expecting perfection. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #33 : July 02, 2012, 06:46:25 PM »

Hasn't taken long to find out there are two sets of rules - one for the players who can be moved (Jackson, Winslow) and one for the players who can't be moved (Wright).

uhhh, shouldn't you wait until we SEE what Schiano does before you ASSUME what he will do?

Seems fair to me!
Come on they're not cutting a player with $15.5 million guaranteed before he plays a game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #34 : July 02, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

i think you are stretching it to assume that all "slip-ups" are equal.  that every "sin" should be judged the same.  talib and jackson both made it clear to schiano that they werent going to put in the work that schiano demanded.  not sure if thats the case with wright.  sure, he screwed up, we can all agree to that.   and while schiano is trying to change the culture in Tampa...not sure he is expecting perfection.
That's what I'm saying. Slip ups to players acquired by the previous coach with no guaranteed money are dealt with differently than slip ups by players available by the new coach with guaranteed money. I'm sure Wright will get "counseling" or something.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #35 : July 02, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »

"Mr. Wright could soon be made painfully aware that not only is he not going to receive a majority of the $15mil his contract calls for in “guaranteed money”, he may well be on the hook for a majority of the signing bonus he’s sure to be enjoying quite a bit right about now in L.A."

This is the part I am curious about. Is there something in the new CBA or in his contract that can negate his contract? I mean, if he goes to jail or is suspended for the entire season, it doesn't seem like we would be on the hook for his full contract. If there is a loop hole, I say cut him and be done with him. Never liked the signing. Th guy isn't good enough to get $7.5M a year and he seems like a d-bag. This is the nail in the coffin imo. If we can get out of the guaranteed money, I'd rather put Barber back at CB and role with Gaitor, Biggers, Talib, and Barber.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #36 : July 02, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

I don't disagree jdub.

.....just my opinion

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #37 : July 02, 2012, 07:06:30 PM »

Has Wright put in the work Schiano has demanded? Seems like he's missed a good chunk of the off season so far

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #38 : July 02, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »

Has Wright put in the work Schiano has demanded? Seems like he's missed a good chunk of the off season so far

from what i know, he has been there and has put forth the effort that schiano expects.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #39 : July 02, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »

he had an illness which excluded him from OTA's. He had a reason, unlike K2.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #40 : July 02, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »

Lil quick for this post..... dontcha think?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #41 : July 02, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »

Come on they're not cutting a player with $15.5 million guaranteed before he plays a game.

What if they cut him..... and go after his $$?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #42 : July 02, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »

Didn't stop them from cutting Tanard

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #43 : July 02, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »

Didn't stop them from cutting Tanard

Wasn't Tanard conducting his rehab elsewhere?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #44 : July 02, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »

the use of felony is a joke.  drinking and driving is a serious action, but california's use of "felony" seems ridiculous to me.
   Thought that myself. When the guy who got rear-ended REFUSED medical treatment, the "felony" bit should've been DROPPED. If he's legitimately injured, then I'm fine with it. I'm betting the guy will file a lawsuit once he finds out Wright has $$$ way beyond the car he was driving...
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Eric Wright Leave Greg Schiano’s Any Choice? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools