Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Brother 14 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#15 : August 24, 2012, 10:17:42 AM

Im usually not a negative person but what is the point of watching crap like this? I feel my blood pressure rising whenever things like this are on TV

I used to bash the show, in fact I called my friends wife out while she was watching it one night asking her the same question you're asking, how the hell can anyone watch this crap. But I got into it one season and paid for the live feeds and that's the key, the edited CBS show is nonsense, but with the live feeds you get to watch how things really unfold. I just like the psychology behind the game, watching how people will react in any given situation and things of that sort. The gossiping and exaggerated drama I could do without, but that's just part of it.

Escobar who are you rooting for? I was glad Boogie was voted out. Hoping either Shane or Britney win.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 24, 2012, 11:21:48 AM

I dislike Britney with a passion :) I find her to be a complete and total fraud.

I like Shane, but I don't believe he's strong enough mentally to do what needs to be done, I think he lets others easily manipulate the decisions he makes. I'm rooting for Frank to win no question about it, followed by Ian. I didn't like Boogie necessarily but I liked his bluntness and ability to think on his own....that's rare in BB and it was refreshing to see.

Do you have the live feeds? If not you're totally missing out, the CBS show is typically little more than edited, out of context madness. After having the feeds I'll never watch the show again without them, the difference is night and day.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 24, 2012, 11:43:30 AM

Dan , all the way !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 24, 2012, 12:17:14 PM

I dislike Britney with a passion :) I find her to be a complete and total fraud.

I like Shane, but I don't believe he's strong enough mentally to do what needs to be done, I think he lets others easily manipulate the decisions he makes. I'm rooting for Frank to win no question about it, followed by Ian. I didn't like Boogie necessarily but I liked his bluntness and ability to think on his own....that's rare in BB and it was refreshing to see.

Do you have the live feeds? If not you're totally missing out, the CBS show is typically little more than edited, out of context madness. After having the feeds I'll never watch the show again without them, the difference is night and day.

Maybe we should stick to discussing BB because we agree 100%. Agree with everything you wrote above.

Boogie was entertaining and he and Frank say stuff to your face. Unlike the others.

I didn't get the live feeds because I get addicted and watch too much. But they help a lot to see what really happens in the house. CBS should be ashamed of themselves. I
read that Ian was crying a lot leading up to last night and Boogie even lost it (by himself) and cried. And they don't show that?

Explain to me why all of the live feed loggers hate Frank. Is he a lot different than how the show portrays him?

Frank really needs a special power or to build some sort of alliance that he can trust. Like you said, he can't keep winning everything.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 24, 2012, 05:28:19 PM

I think they didn't show Ian crying because that would have taken some of the sting out of his goodbye message to Boogie. It was complimentary but at the same time had some bite to it I guess you could say, Boogie had a bit of a breakdown but he had it in the diary room. He began to break down and headed straight there, they still could have shown it but he most likely was spending time with the psychologist which they'd never show.

As far as the hatred for Frank, I don't understand it at all. It's not just the live feed bloggers, it's also many of the people I encounter in the BB chats/forums. I think mostly it has to do with his association with Boogie, a guy with a shady reputation both inside and outside the house. I also think BB fans have grown to thrive on drama and manipulation and Frank just doesn't offer it, but that's what I like about him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 24, 2012, 07:13:08 PM

I've been a fan of the show as well. I think people dislike Frank because he's the favorite. He's bigger, faster, and he's not an idiot so he can win the other competitions too. He's just a better player than everybody right now. He keeps winning. That's his downfall though because that's what happens when you win. Get a nice big target on your back. Hes gonna have to get some serious social game going because nobody in the house wants him there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 24, 2012, 07:21:36 PM

I've been a fan of the show as well. I think people dislike Frank because he's the favorite. He's bigger, faster, and he's not an idiot so he can win the other competitions too. He's just a better player than everybody right now. He keeps winning. That's his downfall though because that's what happens when you win. Get a nice big target on your back. Hes gonna have to get some serious social game going because nobody in the house wants him there.

Frank is BBQ'ed ...his alliances have been voted out , and the 1st time he slips up in a veto challenge he'll be packing his bags. Bound to happen any week now. He can't win every time.

I like Dan , because he is so chill. Just hangs out in the pool or reading a book , and lets all the drama play out around him ....then stabs a few people in the back when needed and when least expected.

Taking the heat for Ian and not caving under Boogie's pressure was extremely smart also. If he would have caved and given up Ian in order to make himself look better , that whole plan could have fallen apart disastrously
: August 24, 2012, 07:26:36 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 27, 2012, 09:37:11 AM

Yeah I watch the live feeds, sometimes, my Wife watches them more than I do. It gives you a more complete idea of what goes on inside the house and dynamics of the players. The CBS aired show is severly edited down from what you see in the feeds.

I find myself changing who I root for on a week to week basis. Frank is the underdog who isn't an underdog since he's dominant at competitions, Shane is the next best physical player but relies too heavily on what Britney tells him, Britney & Dan haven't won anything but rely on their reps from prior seasons to help them through the game, I'd hate to see Joe, Jenn or Danielle coast into the final 2 as they've really been useless for most of the season.

This last few days the live feeds have been very interesting, I hope lots of the good stuff makes it onto the aired show on CBS.

Formerly known as T

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 27, 2012, 10:18:43 AM

I agree about the activity on the feeds lately, a lot of stuff going down, or has the potential to go down. We'll see what happens but the long term isn't looking good for Ian. I keep saying it but Frank is the man, what he had to do to win that HOH was very impressive. Every single person in that competition would have put him up if they won, yet he calmly took each and every one of them out...not one mistake made. Frank winning that HOH gave him his only chance at any long term success, he had to hope it caused division within the house and it looks like it's doing just that. I don't completely buy all of the things certain people have been saying the past day or two but at least it should be interesting, and if who the people with power are now talking about wanting to vote out actually does go home on Thursday I'll be ecstatic.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 27, 2012, 10:26:25 AM

I agree about the activity on the feeds lately, a lot of stuff going down, or has the potential to go down. We'll see what happens but the long term isn't looking good for Ian. I keep saying it but Frank is the man, what he had to do to win that HOH was very impressive. Every single person in that competition would have put him up if they won, yet he calmly took each and every one of them out...not one mistake made. Frank winning that HOH gave him his only chance at any long term success, he had to hope it caused division within the house and it looks like it's doing just that. I don't completely buy all of the things certain people have been saying the past day or two but at least it should be interesting, and if who the people with power are now talking about wanting to vote out actually does go home on Thursday I'll be ecstatic.
The HOH competition was kind of stupid and unfair because Frank had gotten so much practice at it , and the people facing him were having to try it for the 1st time.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 27, 2012, 10:38:04 AM

The HOH competition was kind of stupid and unfair because Frank had gotten so much practice at it , and the people facing him were having to try it for the 1st time.

What do you mean? I didn't watch the night before but usually when they have a comp like that they give them a practice version....if they did they all got to practice. If they didn't, it was still fair. Yes he had practice having to play in every round, but he had to play in every round...he couldn't afford to mess up a single time. Practice or not, that's nearly impossible to do.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 27, 2012, 10:50:08 AM

What do you mean? I didn't watch the night before but usually when they have a comp like that they give them a practice version....if they did they all got to practice. If they didn't, it was still fair. Yes he had practice having to play in every round, but he had to play in every round...he couldn't afford to mess up a single time. Practice or not, that's nearly impossible to do.

They should have had to move to boards with different layouts for each round or something . Frank was able to have practice and just take the same route every time to the top hole. There should also have been a practice board off to the side where the players not yet playing could practice also.

It was still impressive that he took out everyone , but he had an unfair advantage against the contestants who went towards the end , which was kind of lame.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#27 : August 27, 2012, 11:24:17 AM

I didn't like Frank teamed with Boogie but now that Boogie is out, I'm kind of pulling for Frank to pull this off. But I think with having so many against him he may need to trust someone like Shane or Danielle to stay in the house.

Formerly known as T

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 27, 2012, 01:20:47 PM

He puts a bigger target on his back with winning but its the only thing he can do at this point because hes not playing a good social game. Teaming with Boogie was probably his worst move at this point. He needed to become trusted by the rest of the house and Boogie was not trustworthy. That wasnt a smart move. If your the best player in that house you dont align yourself with the best players you get the others on your side too. Otherwise you get a huge target on your back. Thats what we are seing with Frank.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 27, 2012, 02:55:45 PM

It was still impressive that he took out everyone , but he had an unfair advantage against the contestants who went towards the end , which was kind of lame.

You're probably one of the only people who watched the show who thinks Frank had an unfair advantage.

What he did was amazing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Brother 14 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools