Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Brother 14 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#30 : August 27, 2012, 03:25:27 PM

It was still impressive that he took out everyone , but he had an unfair advantage against the contestants who went towards the end , which was kind of lame.

You're probably one of the only people who watched the show who thinks Frank had an unfair advantage.

What he did was amazing.

Frank had the pressure of the house against him. Frank is a beast of a competitor and a funny looking dude, but his social game sucks. It'd be funny if he and Shane formed a alliance they'd run the house as no one wins anything but them. I won't talk about the live feeds as I don't want to spoil anything, but this week will be interesting. I always find the show gets more interesting after the double eviction episode.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 27, 2012, 03:28:15 PM

He puts a bigger target on his back with winning but its the only thing he can do at this point because hes not playing a good social game. Teaming with Boogie was probably his worst move at this point. He needed to become trusted by the rest of the house and Boogie was not trustworthy. That wasnt a smart move. If your the best player in that house you dont align yourself with the best players you get the others on your side too. Otherwise you get a huge target on your back. Thats what we are seing with Frank.

Typically he's playing a great social game, the problem was that he got stuck in a situation of having four former players in the house who knew he was a threat both socially and competitively. Because of that they essentially brainwashed their players into targeting him. In a season full of noobs Frank would have completely owned this season even more so than he's doing now. He "teamed" up with Boogie because Boogie selected him as a player for his team, the bond formed from that. Frank didn't seek out Boogie, it was the other way around. Frank, being loyal, just let it roll from that point on. And I completely disagree with "if you're one of the best players you don't align yourself with the best players", that's EXACTLY what you do. If you're a huge target the biggest safety net is making sure you have other huge targets around you. Frank tried to do that by becoming part of the "silent six" but since that was comprised mostly of former coaches who knew what Frank's capabilities were it didn't work out. Frank is playing a flawless game, and in reality is one of the better players the game has ever seen.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 27, 2012, 05:38:41 PM

It was still impressive that he took out everyone , but he had an unfair advantage against the contestants who went towards the end , which was kind of lame.

You're probably one of the only people who watched the show who thinks Frank had an unfair advantage.

What he did was amazing.

You really think Shane had a fair chance after Frank had already played the game like 5 times and Shane hadn't done it all yet ?? Shane had no shot in hell.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 27, 2012, 05:58:56 PM

You really think Shane had a fair chance after Frank had already played the game like 5 times and Shane hadn't done it all yet ?? Shane had no shot in hell.

Put Shane in Frank's shoes and I doubt he does what Frank did.

Shane had more than a fair chance. Frank is just THAT good. That's why he's a target every week.

And Frank's social game looks fine to me.

I know a little about what's going on this week and it should be an interesting Weds. and Thurs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 27, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

He puts a bigger target on his back with winning but its the only thing he can do at this point because hes not playing a good social game. Teaming with Boogie was probably his worst move at this point. He needed to become trusted by the rest of the house and Boogie was not trustworthy. That wasnt a smart move. If your the best player in that house you dont align yourself with the best players you get the others on your side too. Otherwise you get a huge target on your back. Thats what we are seing with Frank.

Typically he's playing a great social game, the problem was that he got stuck in a situation of having four former players in the house who knew he was a threat both socially and competitively. Because of that they essentially brainwashed their players into targeting him. In a season full of noobs Frank would have completely owned this season even more so than he's doing now. He "teamed" up with Boogie because Boogie selected him as a player for his team, the bond formed from that. Frank didn't seek out Boogie, it was the other way around. Frank, being loyal, just let it roll from that point on. And I completely disagree with "if you're one of the best players you don't align yourself with the best players", that's EXACTLY what you do. If you're a huge target the biggest safety net is making sure you have other huge targets around you. Frank tried to do that by becoming part of the "silent six" but since that was comprised mostly of former coaches who knew what Frank's capabilities were it didn't work out. Frank is playing a flawless game, and in reality is one of the better players the game has ever seen.

I just think that when you become as big as a threat as he has you need to get others on your side rather than going about it as you vs the world. Especially when you have proved a bunch of times that your going to win. Im honestly surprised we havent seen anybody try to aliance themselves with him now that hes proved himself so many times. Hes a valuable guy to team with. Hes going to win you competitions and has proven to be loyal. Hes honestly shooting himself in the foot not going out into the house and trying to recruit a team together.
: August 27, 2012, 06:23:57 PM BucBalla85

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 28, 2012, 03:20:35 AM

I just think that when you become as big as a threat as he has you need to get others on your side rather than going about it as you vs the world. Especially when you have proved a bunch of times that your going to win. Im honestly surprised we havent seen anybody try to aliance themselves with him now that hes proved himself so many times. Hes a valuable guy to team with. Hes going to win you competitions and has proven to be loyal. Hes honestly shooting himself in the foot not going out into the house and trying to recruit a team together.

You need the live feeds.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 30, 2012, 02:05:09 AM

Great episode. I really only knew bits and pieces of what was to happen. I liked being surprised.

I went from hating Dan to admiring him.

Dan is brilliant. And it's the right move by Frank.

I know I'm missing stuff that went on on the live feeds but I'm OK with that.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#37 : August 30, 2012, 12:06:10 PM

I don't like Dan. But I guess it's the part of me that likes strong alliances, where people are loyal to the group. Kind of like the Brigade a few seasons ago. Dan turned his back on his alliance to save himself. Smart move for his own game, but now Frank can't take part in the next 2 HOH's comps, so who knows how long Dan's new alliance with carrot Top Jr is going to last...

Dan's plan made the season more interesting, but I still think he's a weasel.

Formerly known as T

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 30, 2012, 01:35:11 PM

How did Frank fall for that? He had the chance to get one of the best players of the game out and he goes for Britney? Only thing going for her is her past experience but guess what? Dan has more experience. Bad move by Frank.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#39 : August 30, 2012, 01:41:13 PM

How did Frank fall for that? He had the chance to get one of the best players of the game out and he goes for Britney? Only thing going for her is her past experience but guess what? Dan has more experience. Bad move by Frank.

If I was a newbie I'd have banded together and got out all of the coaches, and especially the players who already won the game. Frank is at a HUGE disadvantage as he can't compete in the next 2 HOH's, so if he is aligned with Frank, Frank has to worry that Dan threw his prior alliance under the bus to save himself what is to say Dan won't get rid of Frank or try to backdoor him?

This is why I enjoy this show. I'd really like to see Dan and frank be voted out before it goes down to the Final 4.

Formerly known as T

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 30, 2012, 02:30:04 PM

If I was a newbie I'd have banded together and got out all of the coaches, and especially the players who already won the game. Frank is at a HUGE disadvantage as he can't compete in the next 2 HOH's, so if he is aligned with Frank, Frank has to worry that Dan threw his prior alliance under the bus to save himself what is to say Dan won't get rid of Frank or try to backdoor him?

This is why I enjoy this show. I'd really like to see Dan and frank be voted out before it goes down to the Final 4.

Agree. He didnt think that one through. I think he was desperate because he was basically by himself in there until Jenn aligned with him. Which honestly wasnt a bad move for him at all. He just fell for what Dan was selling. I have a feeling he will regret it soon.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 30, 2012, 03:33:20 PM

Let's look at it from both sides.

Option A:

Stay with the current plan to evict Dan, and hope that Jenn can keep you safe for one more week by winning HOH. If she fails to do so your only chance is to win yet another veto. If she does win HOH and keeps you off the block, neither of you can play in the following HOH, which of course means you'd have to win veto, again, for the 5th time of the season. Going down this path means that you're still undoubtedly the biggest target in the house, as both previous Big Brother winners are now out and you've shown to be the best competitor in the house. Other than Jenn, every single person left in the house has lied to your face multiple times and you know it. Another factor to consider is that because of Jenn's actions this week (opting to win the veto even though she was safe, and then using it to take down Dan per Franks orders) she has exposed herself as your only supporter in the house (Dan is on board too but nobody knows that for certain). What happened the last time someone jumped on board with Frank? Oh, that's right, they were voted out immediately in an attempt to leave him completely alone. To summarize, by getting Dan out you're now the biggest target remaining in the house, your only ally is a girl who has won one competition by default, and the rest of the house is comprised of people who have lied, and will continue to lie right to your face, while continuing to make your demise their top priority.

Option B:

Along with your new alliance member Jenn, you swallow your pride and take Dan's offer even though you hate the guy. You do this because he's a former winner and nobody trusts him. For as long as Dan is in the house he will at all times be just as big a target as you are, and he's the only player remaining in the game who can offer you that level of protection. Shane is close but he's easily manipulated and everyone knows it, which in turn lowers his "threat" level a bit. Getting rid of Britney takes what was once your situation, being completely alone, and pushes that right off on Ian and Joe. Britney has also been pushing this all female alliance for awhile, and keeping her in the game leaves open the possibility that your new alliance member Jenn might jump ship with Britney's never ending attempt to scoop her up. With Jenn and Dan on Frank's side his chances are obviously better than just having Jenn, that's not difficult to figure out. Dan can switch at any time, but that chance is worth the risk considering if Dan wasn't around Frank would be the biggest target in the house without the ability to play in the next two HOH competitions. Because of the situation Dan found himself in, on the block with nobody willing to save him, he had to all but end the "quack pack" by selling Ian out. Ian will no longer trust Dan, Shane no longer trusts Dan, and Britney will be gone. Dan knows that Shane needs to go because of how competitive he is, but he doesn't want to make the move himself because he knows it will upset Danielle. He's probably going to keep Frank around hoping that Frank can get Shane out for him, and that's when Dan will probably turn on Frank. At the very least this option gives Frank one extra alliance member, it leaves a huge target in the game that helps protect himself, it completely dismantled the alliance that has been against Frank for weeks, and it took away the only ally of two people in the house...Ian and Joe.

It's not very difficult to see why Frank did what he did, the choice is obvious. You always have to take a gamble to move further into the game, the question is how big of a gamble are you willing to take? The massive gamble of booting Dan only to become the biggest target yourself while not having the ability to play for power against a house full of people against you, or the gamble of aligning with Dan to grow your alliance and hope you can screw him before he screws you, all the while keeping just as big of a target in the game. The chances are obviously better to team up with Dan, which is why Frank did just that.
: August 30, 2012, 04:02:59 PM Escobar06

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#42 : August 30, 2012, 03:55:55 PM

Way to lay it out Escobar.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy this show, the manuevering by each player to get farther, and debating strategy is fun with others who enjoy the show. Other than Shane no one else has really shown the ability to consistently win comps. It'll be interesting to see how the final few weeks shake down.

Formerly known as T

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 30, 2012, 04:05:06 PM

It was a big gamble because Dan hasnt been a trustworthy guy. Dan could easily win HOH next week and back door Frank.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 30, 2012, 04:11:03 PM

You're right, he could. But it's indisputable that if Frank had evicted Dan every other person remaining in the house save for Jenn would have definitely gone after him. Keeping Dan in the game potentially changed that, and even if Frank's chances of winning the game only slightly increased due to this move, the point is that they increased. Frank had the option of trusting Dan and Jenn, or trusting Ian, Danielle, Shane, Joe, and Britney. I don't know about you but I know which way I would have went with those two options.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Brother 14 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools