Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Romney: Pioneer in Outsourcing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : July 06, 2012, 12:07:55 PM

I'm guessin' that Morgan's 'Nailin Palin' video must have gotten ruined.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 06, 2012, 12:13:59 PM

My focus is on Romney. I'm not sure he gets my vote - or has done anything to have earned my vote.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody with this B/S?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 06, 2012, 12:47:29 PM

I'm very interested in who Mitt will select as his VP candidate. McCain would have gotten my vote had he selected a good running-mate. I'd be very happy to see Jeb Bush on the ticket, but that won't happen.  I'd be disappointed if Rubio is selected.

Jeb Bush won't be on the ticket because of his last name. What's wrong with Rubio? Other than experience which he has a lot more of than Obama did running for the top job?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 06, 2012, 03:22:14 PM

So what exactly has Rubio done to be flagged as a "rightwingnutter?"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 06, 2012, 03:29:34 PM

Wow.  What a **CENSORED**.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 06, 2012, 03:58:19 PM

My focus is on Romney. I'm not sure he gets my vote - or has done anything to have earned my vote.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody with this B/S?

I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for somebody to say something about that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 07, 2012, 01:27:11 PM

You're point? When will people learn than outsourcing must be done in most cases.

No it doesn't.

Would you rather those places keep the work here where Americans want much more money and then the place closes due to low profits? Or keep the work overseas which allows the place to stay open and keep the jobs it has over here?

Utter nonsense. To have conservatives tell it, American business didn't thrive at all before they could start shipping jobs to other countries.
: July 07, 2012, 01:28:54 PM CBWx2

Bookert1905

Starter
#22 : July 07, 2012, 02:48:27 PM

Or not:

Little old but:
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba480/

spartan

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 07, 2012, 04:45:08 PM

You're point? When will people learn than outsourcing must be done in most cases.

No it doesn't.

Would you rather those places keep the work here where Americans want much more money and then the place closes due to low profits? Or keep the work overseas which allows the place to stay open and keep the jobs it has over here?

Utter nonsense. To have conservatives tell it, American business didn't thrive at all before they could start shipping jobs to other countries.

To deny outsourcing can be beneficial to American jobs is as logical as saying outsourcing is the only option in all cases. That is, it's not.

For sure some jobs are outsourced purely for profit. That is a company can make more by having a product made, processed or whatever offshore, but just as true is that outsourcing some of a companies processes have saved a lot of jobs and in some cases resulted in new jobs. It's not all bad and it's not all good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 07, 2012, 09:01:25 PM

When did outsourcing become beneficial for American companies?

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 10, 2012, 01:16:44 AM

Why did outsourcing become beneficial to American companies?

freddy

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 10, 2012, 01:41:00 AM

My point - I have a hard time voting for a guy that was responsible for exporting jobs to China when our own countrymen need work.

Pretty simple, isn't it?

Please list one or more companies that sent jobs to China under Romney's direction. I'm not denying that jobs did not go to china, but that if Romney and Bain had not stepped in at all, the company most likely  would have shut down thus not only losing the same jobs that went to China, but all the others as well. So in the end, Romney saved real jobs.

Oh and BTW, unlike Obama, please just list the companies during the time frame that Romney was actually running Bain.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 10, 2012, 08:45:16 AM

I'd guess when costs of doing business, i.e. labor and taxes, went up.  Any answer to my question?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 10, 2012, 09:35:22 AM

I'd guess when costs of doing business, i.e. labor and taxes, went up.  Any answer to my question?

When the choice is close the company or send some of the jobs offshore to reduce costs.

Also, if you rely on a resource, say Steel that it is cheaper to make and buy over seas your company can expand and grow, thus creating more jobs.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 10, 2012, 10:55:32 AM

Or not:

Little old but:
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba480/

Or so:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ralph-gomory/does-outsourcing-create-j_b_792647.html

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Romney: Pioneer in Outsourcing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools