Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How do you fans think our new OC and DC will do? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #30 : August 09, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »

Sullivan helped develop Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham develop into a good WR trio. Which means we are GOOD money with Vincent Jackson, MIke Williams, and Preston Parker. As a OC, I have no idea what his play calling is going to be. I'm thinking Sully is going to be that unconventional play caller. Patriots/Giants like.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #31 : October 11, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »

This is still an open discussion.

Sullivan: Is basically Greg Olsen’s twin brother. At this point of time I don’t know if they are bad coordinators getting adjusted to the game or bad coordinators dumbing down the offense for Freeman. I think this is the best depth at RB we had in years. Why on the planet are they running Martin like he is J. Bettis or Natron Means? I wasn’t a fan of drafting Martin but my mind has changed and I think he has good potential. Right now he is being played as a power back which he clearly is not one. Why they don’t use Blount is a mystery to me. I know some fans hate the guy but accumulating 1700 in two seasons is pretty good given the circumstances. Circumstances as in starting during the season, not having an off-season due to a lockout, and a boneheaded coaching staff. What is also a mystery is why they aren’t getting Dallas Clark more involved in the offense. He currently has 9 receptions for 81 yards. I am starting to think Sullivan and Schiano are trying to get players to play their scheme versus designing schemes that suit their players strengths.

Sheridan: I am a fan talking sh@t but some of the defensive schemes are downright dumb.  I remember watching the game at home and saying RG3 was going to run through the middle and score on their first TD and that is exactly what happened. Considering the man likes to run, why have two DL on the line within 15 yards from the goal line. I will say the quick three and outs this season (and last) by the offense often put the defense in a bad position.  I am not a fan of Sheridan’s schemes, but I do like how McCoy, Bennett, Foster, and David had stepped up to the plate.
We hired a rookie OC and a DC who called plays for a terrible Giants defense. Considering that, our 1-3 record thus far shouldn’t be a surprise to many. Well the realistic fans.  Will that change, I’m not sure.
Thoughts?

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 12, 2012, 11:59:12 PM »

It's certainly still an open discussion.  I'm curious to see how the team/coaches emerge from the bye.  How will this team do things differently to win or close out football games?
Are they capable of establishing a consistent identity on offense or will they look different from game to game or even quarter to quarter?

The 1-3 record isn't a shocker.  Personally, I had anticipated a 2-2 start after four games before the season started.   All is not lost in my mind.
This part of the schedule will dictate how the rest of the season is going to go.

As for the next 4 opponents, only Minny is playing well.
Can the team at least go 3-1 to bring their first half record to .500?

Compared to last season, the games are much more enjoyable.  Hopefully, we all can agree on that.
In the off-season, competitive games were what I was hoping to see.

Now that the season is upon us and the team HAS been competitive in each of the first four games, I'm looking for more.
Change and growth take time.  I understand that.  Let's see if this time off results in an improved product on the field and from the coaches.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #33 : October 13, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »

I anticipated 2-2 also. I didn't expect our defense to show so many glimpses of dominance though. If our offense can start clicking we really could still be a good team this year.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #34 : May 14, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »

Well....what do you fans think of Sullivan and Sheridan and what they'll do in 2013?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 14, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »

My prediction: Sullivan will look like a genius , and Sheridan will become a goat of the fans.

As usual , it will NOT be a coincidence that the offense is loaded with talent and the defense is devoid of it , but so it goes for a coach in the NFL.

Pretty close IMO.

There are no excuses this year for either of them  (unless mega-injury occurs - still accountable.)...

I think this year will surprise us all.    I'm ready.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #36 : May 14, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »

My prediction: Sullivan will look like a genius , and Sheridan will become a goat of the fans.

As usual , it will NOT be a coincidence that the offense is loaded with talent and the defense is devoid of it , but so it goes for a coach in the NFL.

Pretty close IMO.

There are no excuses this year for either of them  (unless mega-injury occurs - still accountable.)...

I think this year will surprise us all.    I'm ready.

I pretty much nailed that prediction , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How do you fans think our new OC and DC will do? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools