Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs banking on progress from Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 11, 2012, 12:45:27 PM

it's just too small a sample size to suggest they have the potential to be stellar against the run. 

It's the timeframe when there was a healthy Mason Foster.  That's all there is to go by at this point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 11, 2012, 12:47:56 PM

And I don't recall anyone using the term "stellar". At this point all we can hope for is better than atrocious.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 11, 2012, 01:01:20 PM

I dont think you can discount that there wasnt an offseason either. The young guys like Foster should be improved due to that alone.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 11, 2012, 01:10:16 PM

I dont think you can discount that there wasnt an offseason either. The young guys like Foster should be improved due to that alone.
. I agree with you there.  On several levels he was set up to fail last year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 11, 2012, 01:42:54 PM

He showed me more at the beginning of the season than he did later but so did everybody else on the team. Nobody should give up on him just yet as it was his rookie year. I know the bucs are banking on him to step up big but Im not sold he can yet. Hes gonna have to prove us last season was just his rookie season fluke.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#35 : July 11, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

He showed me more at the beginning of the season than he did later but so did everybody else on the team. Nobody should give up on him just yet as it was his rookie year. I know the bucs are banking on him to step up big but Im not sold he can yet. Hes gonna have to prove us last season was just his rookie season fluke.

He played well before he got injured, playing mostly on instincts. After he got hurt he played slower physically and then it seemed he was overwelmed mentally.
I'm anxious to see what he can do when healthy, with a complete off season, better coaching and hopefully a few more playmakers around him.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : July 11, 2012, 02:32:09 PM

" Why would you throw out the Colts game? If you want to bash the defense when they play like crap,you need to be able to give them credit when they played well."

Why can't he? FRG tries to pull the old "Foster looks good if you only count the games he played well" routine constantly.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 11, 2012, 02:33:21 PM

He played well before he got injured, playing mostly on instincts. After he got hurt he played slower physically and then it seemed he was overwelmed mentally.
I'm anxious to see what he can do when healthy, with a complete off season, better coaching and hopefully a few more playmakers around him.

Yea and they seem confident in the kid. I think if they werent they would have went out and got a Vet to play in there. I mean they spent all of that money on VJack, Nicks, and Wright. Why not a little more on MLB?? They had the money to. I think they didnt feel they needed to just yet. They watched last years film and he was the middle LB running things. If they didnt think he could do it then he wouldnt be taking reps at that spot. We will see how he does with this new scheme and coaches. I think he will be a very watched player on the coaching staff and fans. We gotta figure out if this kid is the answer at MLB. Otherwise they need to draft or sign somebody next year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 11, 2012, 02:36:37 PM

" Why would you throw out the Colts game? If you want to bash the defense when they play like crap,you need to be able to give them credit when they played well."

Why can't he? FRG tries to pull the old "Foster looks good if you only count the games he played well" routine constantly.

Since this routine is played constantly, I'm sure you'll be able to find a link to what you have in quotations.  I'll wait.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 11, 2012, 03:17:13 PM

Since this routine is played constantly, I'm sure you'll be able to find a link to what you have in quotations.  I'll wait.

Do you ever, I mean even just once, let FRG speak for himself. Just lolz. At times I swear you act like FRG's big sister the way you always step in and defend him (especially when he doesn't need defending). Like FRG himself has asked in the past, let FRG speak for FRG.  :-*

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 11, 2012, 03:41:27 PM

Do you ever, I mean even just once, let FRG speak for himself. Just lolz. At times I swear you act like FRG's big sister the way you always step in and defend him (especially when he doesn't need defending). Like FRG himself has asked in the past, let FRG speak for FRG.  :-*

Illuminator quoted me, Fannie, not FRG.

Although I do see why you would be sensitive to someone being called out for making stuff up.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 11, 2012, 04:10:06 PM

Illuminator quoted me, Fannie, not FRG.

Although I do see why you would be sensitive to someone being called out for making stuff up.

LOL, looks like I hurt your feelings. I'm so sorry sweetie. And no, I might call you out quite often for making stuff up, but I'm not sensitive to it at all. Thank you for your concern though.

As for Foster, there may only be a limited number of stats that can be used to describe his play and that is all that can be used, but a little common sense also needs to be applied here. The stats that are available may not draw a very accurate picture. Or maybe they do. We won't really know until we see them play again. IMHO, anything that happened last year needs to be used very carefully. There were just too many crazy exceptions to the rule, oddities and other causative factors to say anything that happened last year is 100% solid proof of anything except a total collapse of a team in a single year.

I think Foster started last year very well but he seemed to get overwhelmed as time went on. That in and of itself it not very uncommon for a 3rd round draft pick. The title of the story is kind of silly, of course the Bucs are banking on progress from Foster. The moment they didn't get a FA MLB or draft a MLB, it was very clear. I have also said all along that Foster at least deserves another look and I think he can be a quality MLB. The Tampa 2 is dead in Tampa, everything we have judged our MLB's on the last two decades no longer apply. Lets see how he is used and how he performs in the Schiano defense. 
: July 11, 2012, 04:13:33 PM Freddy

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 11, 2012, 05:30:43 PM

Is it time for training camp yet?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 12, 2012, 08:19:47 AM

I think the lack of an offseason was pretty overwhelming for most new guys...    and Foster had the biggest plate to learn/eat in 2011...   not surprising he struggled late in the season..

Went and looked at some numbers - It's a slow day.

11 of the teams that were .500 or better in 2010 played .500 or better in 2011.  ALL of those teams were veteran teams.

15 teams were .500 or better in 2010

20 teams were .500 or better in 2011

Colts, Bucs, Jags and Chiefs all took a dive in 2011 - AND all were very young teams.   The 49ers and Packers were anomalies.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/43768/2011-nfl-age-ranks-calling-all-graybeards

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 12, 2012, 08:28:01 AM

I think the lack of an offseason was pretty overwhelming for most new guys...    and Foster had the biggest plate to learn/eat in 2011...   not surprising he struggled late in the season..
I thought the reason he struggled was because he was injured and the entire team was trying to get the coach fired.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs banking on progress from Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools