Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs banking on progress from Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#45 : July 12, 2012, 08:31:46 AM

Quote from: PassThePigSkin
Mason will have a good year with a more disciplined Defensive Coordinator and a Linebackers coach who isn't a defensive backs coach.

Just wanted to fix the above quote for truth. Not to mention as others have suggested, an off-season. It's hard to be mad at Mason when his two wing-men sucked swamp water.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#46 : July 12, 2012, 08:41:26 AM

I'm, not putting much stock in last year's performance of anyone on the roster, especially Foster. I mean the MLB is the QB of the defense and has the most responsibilities. For a rookie to come in and start from day one with no off season is pretty insane. He looked good for the first 4 or 5 games, but like the rest of the team he fell off a cliff after that. I'm glad he's getting another shot and isn't being written off.

With that said, I think he's a better SAM than MIKE. For one he seems a bit emotionally immature. We need a grown man to take charge at MIKE. We need someone who exudes confidence and has an intimidation factor...which is why I liked McKenzie last year. Also, he doesn't move real well and I'm not sure he'll ever be great in coverage...which our MIKE needs to be.

Time will tell. I'm not counting out Goode either. It doesn't matter what round he was selected. He was Schiano's pick and if he has a more impressive camp than Foster, I don't think Schiano would hesitate to move Foster to Sam and start Goode in the middle. Probably not likely, but definitely possible.
: July 12, 2012, 08:44:37 AM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 12, 2012, 08:52:24 AM

Don't discount Najee Goode here. I figure one will end up at SLB and the other at MLB...
. How many 6th round LBs become good starters?  I wouldnt expect much more than depth and STs.

Goode was taken with the 5th pick of the 5th round. Closer to the 4th than the 6th.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs banking on progress from Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools