Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF on Mo Clayborne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 10, 2012, 03:56:45 PM

Maybe Safety is that important to Schiano.
It doesn't really matter how important safety may be to the coach. All that matters is talent. You don't build a team around average players. You build a team around star players. If Barron is only an average player and we try and build around him just because Schiano likes safeties, we're going to be a bad team.

Yea but I dont think they drafted him just because hes a safety. They obviously didnt think he was an average player either. It would be right to criticize the move if Barron doesnt become the player they hoped they drafted but it would be stupid to assume that they would draft the kid just because hes a safety. I just found it an interesting question as to why he values his safety more in this scenario. People on here say on initial reaction it was stupid to draft a Safety when Corner is the more valuable position. They had to have some inside info that caused them to pass. Corner was a need on our list too. I think theres something deeper than just that he was a safety. Character and those things seem to be high on Schianos list.
: July 10, 2012, 03:58:30 PM BucBalla85

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 10, 2012, 05:34:05 PM

Claiborne is a bit over-hyped.  Guy is allergic to tackling is obviously not the brightest guy out there.  Yes he was good in the air in college but we will see how well that translates to the NFL when he is matched against elite receivers week in and week out.
: July 10, 2012, 05:40:05 PM Ft Myers Buc Fan

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 10, 2012, 05:37:56 PM

Thought he was being over hyped as well.  But what do I know....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 10, 2012, 05:40:29 PM

Having the guy's coach on staff, and passing on him, speaks volumes to me. I am more than happy with the way things turned out!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 10, 2012, 06:45:15 PM

BUT HE GOT A 6 ON HIS WONDERLIC!!!!!!!!!!! HE MUST SUCK AT FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!
. Actually it was a 4

Says the guy who put a period in front of the sentence.

LOL!  :P

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 10, 2012, 06:50:08 PM

. Actually it was a 4

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 10, 2012, 06:51:22 PM

Claiborne is a bit over-hyped.  Guy is allergic to tackling is obviously not the brightest guy out there.  Yes he was good in the air in college but we will see how well that translates to the NFL when he is matched against elite receivers week in and week out.

^ This.

Why is Moron Claiborne even still being talked about on this board ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#37 : July 10, 2012, 07:06:02 PM

. Actually it was a 4
He may not suck at football but his attitude sucks.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 10, 2012, 07:55:12 PM

. Actually it was a 4

. My internet access is limited to my phone.  My fingers are too big for the damn keyboard.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 10, 2012, 08:05:10 PM

Having the guy's coach on staff, and passing on him, speaks volumes to me. I am more than happy with the way things turned out!
Like when Butch Davis drafted William Green instead of Clinton Portis?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 10, 2012, 08:08:29 PM

Ouch..... and to think this guy could be our next GM.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 10, 2012, 08:42:30 PM

doesnt mean its right, but it still speaks volumes imo.  now what, thats a different story. either cooper thinks barron is better...or schiano values a safety more...or coopers opinion doesnt hold a lot of weight.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 10, 2012, 09:29:19 PM

doesnt mean its right, but it still speaks volumes imo.  now what, thats a different story. either cooper thinks barron is better...or schiano values a safety more...or coopers opinion doesnt hold a lot of weight.

How do we know Cooper's opinion even meant that much in Schiano's first draft room?  If Schiano thought his guy was Barron, I doubt he would have given in to Cooper even if he was pounding on the table.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 11, 2012, 12:34:14 AM

. Actually it was a 4

. My internet access is limited to my phone.  My fingers are too big for the damn keyboard.
lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 11, 2012, 12:46:00 AM

Momo sucks. Barron is a baller!!

That's what's up.

I
Hope
Anyways.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF on Mo Clayborne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools