Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giving Credit Where Credit is Due « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 12, 2012, 01:22:53 PM

Do we know for a fact we tried to sign Lofton?  I'm not so sure and  for what NO signed him for we certainly could have.

We did try ... but not very hard . We offered a little over vet minimum and told him if he didn't like it to take a hike.

Him saying he wanted to "go to a winner" was a CYA on his part. He wanted to come here, or else he wouldn't have flown to Tampa 1st , the night before free agency started. He was just insulted that we didn't believe he was worth a huge contract. Apparently Schiano's new defense puts stock in LB'ers who actually have the ability to cover.
. Link please.  I have yet to see any evidence.  Just hearsay on this board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 12, 2012, 01:32:58 PM

All reports from PR were the Bucs didn't think Lofton was good enough. You've got to have standards, you know.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 12, 2012, 01:40:25 PM

So if that is true then I doubt we tried to sign him at all.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 12, 2012, 01:45:26 PM

Yea I think I read something about us not really having an interest in him. He cost too much and he didnt really fit into what we wanted to do. At least thats what I remember.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 12, 2012, 01:55:06 PM

Apparently Schiano's new defense puts stock in LB'ers who actually have the ability to cover.
Thankfully we have the fluid athlete known as Mason Foster, instead.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 12, 2012, 02:00:33 PM

Apparently Schiano's new defense puts stock in LB'ers who actually have the ability to cover.

Yea I remember Schiano really pulling for us to draft him....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 12, 2012, 02:05:21 PM

Better bring back Ruud then.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 12, 2012, 02:06:32 PM

The point is the Bucs apparently poo-poo'ed signing Lofton because they thought his game had too many deficiencies yet the player they're choosing to play instead by all appearances has those same deficiencies while not yet fully developing the strengths that Lofton has. I like Foster, but in all likelihood best case scenario he's going to be as good as Lofton with much more of a chance of being not as good than better.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 12, 2012, 02:11:04 PM

The point is the Bucs apparently poo-poo'ed signing Lofton because they thought his game had too many deficiencies yet the player they're choosing to play instead by all appearances has those same deficiencies while not yet fully developing the strengths that Lofton has. I like Foster, but in all likelihood best case scenario he's going to be as good as Lofton with much more of a chance of being not as good than better.

Im not surprised they are giving him a shot at MLB. They just drafted him in the 3rd rd last year. I dont think they are comparing him with Lofton after his rookie year but who knows. Maybe they didnt sign Lofton because they felt they already had their Lofton on the roster.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 12, 2012, 02:17:53 PM

. Quit being a negative Nancy.  We are "banking on progress from Foster".

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 12, 2012, 02:24:35 PM

If they wanted an upgrade at MLB then they easily could have done it, they had the money to. Obviously they want to see how Foster is gonna pan out. They are giving the guy a chance. As they should of their higher draft selections.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 12, 2012, 02:27:42 PM

I thought the object was to win not hand jobs to your draft picks.  Why no competition for him?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 12, 2012, 02:33:20 PM

. Quit being a negative Nancy.  We are "banking on progress from Foster".
I'm banking on progress from Foster, too, but the guy was a 3rd round pick for a reason. The chances of him being better than Curtis Lofton are very slim IMO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 12, 2012, 02:37:09 PM

agreed.  I am dumbfounded we didn't sign him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 12, 2012, 02:48:38 PM

agreed.  I am dumbfounded we didn't sign him.
I just don't understand why the Bucs were apparently so snobby about the skills of a guy who barring serious injury will be a 10-12 year NFL starter.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giving Credit Where Credit is Due « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools