Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Orleans Dec 16 « previous next »
Page: 1

StPeteBucs

Practice Squad

: July 11, 2012, 10:24:36 AM

Long time reader and never posted until now. But since it is the doldrums before training camp I decided to make an account and start posting.

Just booked my flight and hotel for New Orleans in December. So pumped to finally go see the Bucs play on the road as I make every home game. Anybody else thinking of making that trip? Or done that trip in the past?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 11, 2012, 10:31:27 AM

Welcome aboard!

I would if I lived in the states.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 11, 2012, 10:34:55 AM

All I can say is if you are walking around the French quarter at night and somebody approaches you and wants to bet you $20 that they can guess what city you got your shoes in don't take the bet.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : July 12, 2012, 07:30:45 AM

Long time reader and never posted until now. But since it is the doldrums before training camp I decided to make an account and start posting.

Just booked my flight and hotel for New Orleans in December. So pumped to finally go see the Bucs play on the road as I make every home game. Anybody else thinking of making that trip? Or done that trip in the past?

Went to the the N.O.-Bucs game in the Superdome in the 2010 season. (Bucs won). Outstanding win for the Bucs. Saints evidently didn't care about whether they won or lost since they already clinched a playoff spot. Enjoyed seeing their fans go home after the loss. Plenty of Buc fans at the game - they were noticeably loud while leaving the stadium. 

Superdome is a miserable stadium imo. I had upper deck tickets and they pack you in like sardines in that stadium. The place is very sterile and gave me an appreciation for RJS.  The fans pack the oustide of the stadium on the eastern side where there's a concert plaza - lots of tailgating around the dome.

The best part of visiting New Orleans is the French Quarter, as you know - but the rest of the city is pretty disgusting.

: July 12, 2012, 07:33:30 AM morgan

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 12, 2012, 07:35:36 AM

Welcome!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 12, 2012, 07:49:53 AM

Done it 4 times . It's a great road trip destination.

Just be careful because one wrong turn out of the French Quarter at 2AM in the morning and you are either in the ghetto or in the gay part of town ( unless that's your thing )

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 12, 2012, 10:01:55 AM

All I can say is if you are walking around the French quarter at night and somebody approaches you and wants to bet you $20 that they can guess what city you got your shoes in don't take the bet.

Yup just smile and say I bet you could and keep walking.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 12, 2012, 10:05:33 AM

Done it 4 times . It's a great road trip destination.

Just be careful because one wrong turn out of the French Quarter at 2AM in the morning and you are either in the ghetto or in the gay part of town ( unless that's your thing )

To be fair if you do stumble into the gay area there is a little restaurant that has some awesome waffles at 4 AM lol.  Oh and get a drink from one of the little slushie bar places, mango mango I think, keep the reciept and you can have a "bathroom pass" every block.  Is a good time though imo.  The people there are for the most part pretty cool although they have gotten a hell of a lot more **CENSORED**y since their SB win.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : July 12, 2012, 11:20:26 AM

" Superdome is a miserable stadium imo. I had upper deck tickets and they pack you in like sardines in that stadium. The place is very sterile and gave me an appreciation for RJS."

Anything about New Orleans being sterile is a bonus.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bayside4Life

Starter

#9 : July 12, 2012, 08:27:16 PM

I was at the 2010 game over New Years.  The Superdome isn't great, but the atmosphere around the stadium is great.  You can walk to the stadium from any hotel in the French Quarter, and you can drink on the street the whole way.  There is a concert stage and a party atmosphere outside the stadium.  The Saints fans are intense--we definitely had to deal with their smack talk the entire game, but we dished it back and ended up having a good time.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Orleans Dec 16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools