Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 12, 2012, 10:00:58 AM

Fug Mke Vick.  I love it when he fails.

Ron Mexico.  Why the hell should I root for this clown?

He paid his dues, but I HATED him before he was caught.  Why should I change my stance?

Geez man. I too "HATED" the guy.... but that was because he was a Falcon. Now, not so much!!

I can't blame anyone for hating him. Pits are some of the most loyal an affectionate animals and he funded an organization that let them maul one another for his sick entertainment.

Those who don't instantly forgive him aren't out of line.
: July 12, 2012, 10:02:31 AM tripblood

This guy...

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 12, 2012, 10:05:29 AM

Its crazy. I see more sympathy and logical explanations for Paterno and Penn States Administration than I do Vick and his dog fighting.
Such a shame

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 12, 2012, 04:55:30 PM

Its crazy. I see more sympathy and logical explanations for Paterno and Penn States Administration than I do Vick and his dog fighting.
Such a shame

Matt Millin should be pulled off ESPN for being a Penn State apologist.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 12, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

IIRC, Vick was not sent to prison for dog fighting but for interstate gambling.

As a dedicated dog lover, there is no way I would support anything Vick does.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 12, 2012, 05:45:28 PM

I love dogs too but what we do to cows and pigs every day in slaughter house is 1000x more inhumane than anything Vick ever did. Unless you are a vegetarian, you need to come down off your high horse because you support the torture of animals every day.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 12, 2012, 05:59:08 PM

We got a Modells here in Manchester.   I can pick up some hoodies and flat caps if anyone wants some.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : July 12, 2012, 06:12:32 PM

Animals die in slaughterhouses so people can eat. Vick tortured animals for amusement. One of your weaker arguments.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 12, 2012, 06:17:56 PM

Oh well as long as there is a good reason, then inhumane torture is just fine. As long as it's not just for entertainment.....right? Force feeding birds to the point they can't move or keeping cows and pigs in crowded pens for their entire life before slicing their throat and letting them bleed out....that totally different cause we will eat it. Inhumane torture of an animal from the moment is born until it is old enough to be killed is fine cause it's justified...but dog fighting is just unforgivable cause we don't eat them afterwards. Gotcha.

In other cultures people eat dogs. Are they horrible too? Just curious.
: July 12, 2012, 06:22:21 PM JDouble

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 12, 2012, 06:18:11 PM

Animals die in slaughterhouses so people can eat. Vick tortured animals for amusement. One of your weaker arguments.
Yup. Very poor argument.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 12, 2012, 06:55:05 PM

Oh well as long as there is a good reason, then inhumane torture is just fine. As long as it's not just for entertainment.....right? Force feeding birds to the point they can't move or keeping cows and pigs in crowded pens for their entire life before slicing their throat and letting them bleed out....that totally different cause we will eat it. Inhumane torture of an animal from the moment is born until it is old enough to be killed is fine cause it's justified...but dog fighting is just unforgivable cause we don't eat them afterwards. Gotcha.

In other cultures people eat dogs. Are they horrible too? Just curious.

It does bother my conscience the way animals are treated in the slaughterhouse , but veggies taste disgusting , so I do what I gotta do and pretend the meat on my plate came from the Meat Tree.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 12, 2012, 06:56:01 PM

Mmmmm...meat trees.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 12, 2012, 09:50:35 PM

I'm no dog lover so it didn't bother me at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 12, 2012, 10:28:35 PM

I'm no dog lover so it didn't bother me at all.
I hate Vick because he was an overhyped QB in Atl and now he is the same in Philly. Just terrible.

However, methinks if you would have seen him beat, hang, electrocute, and shoot that canine, your balls would have sucked into your abdominal cavity with shock. What he did was repulsive. I am no Pitbulls lover, but I think Ron Mexico has serious character flaws that compound my dislike for him as an athlete on Sundays.

Eff the eagles and falcons.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 12, 2012, 11:43:11 PM

Though I would never watch it, i know someone that's done that for years. From South Carolina.... used to fight some of his dogs vs Vick's kennel. Actually told me once there were very prominent Buc players that were into it pretty heavily.

Still didn't affect me any. I'm kinda meh to it, honestly!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 13, 2012, 04:07:29 AM

In an interview for a local tv station after a HS lecture, Vick bragged that he had killed dogs with his bare hands.  He is not sorry that he did it. He's just sorry that he got caught. He still is sick mentally and will never change. I lost any respect I had for the fleagles when they signed him. Equating the torture and murder of helpless animals with Tiger Woods having sex with beautiful women can only be done by a republican or the KKK. The vast majority of human beings would NOT kill for entertainment, but WOULD have sex with those women.

Michael Vick is human garbage. Tiger Woods is just human.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools