Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 13, 2012, 07:48:20 AM

Though I would never watch it, i know someone that's done that for years. From South Carolina.... used to fight some of his dogs vs Vick's kennel. Actually told me once there were very prominent Buc players that were into it pretty heavily.

Still didn't affect me any. I'm kinda meh to it, honestly!!

Your friend sounds full of crap.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 13, 2012, 07:51:56 AM

There is a difference between eating meat and what Vick did. Especially because you can buy organic meat, cage free eggs , etc..

What he did was cruel and normally wired people know that's crossing the line. I lived in the south my entire life, it isn't a "normal thing" here.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 13, 2012, 08:06:25 AM

Well you just claimed adultery is normal and ok, so I guess whatever your standards are should be excepted by everyone as correct.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 13, 2012, 08:19:41 AM

Well you just claimed adultery is normal and ok, so I guess whatever your standards are should be excepted by everyone as correct.

I never said that. Also he was comparing adultery to killing dogs for entertainment value and to me there is no comparison.

When you grow up you realize 75% of marriges has someone who cheats.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 13, 2012, 09:23:06 AM

In an interview for a local tv station after a HS lecture, Vick bragged that he had killed dogs with his bare hands.  He is not sorry that he did it. He's just sorry that he got caught. He still is sick mentally and will never change. I lost any respect I had for the fleagles when they signed him. Equating the torture and murder of helpless animals with Tiger Woods having sex with beautiful women can only be done by a republican or the KKK. The vast majority of human beings would NOT kill for entertainment, but WOULD have sex with those women.

Michael Vick is human garbage. Tiger Woods is just human.

Adultery is a religious concept and subject to debate. Being attracted to beautiful women is a natural, normal, human condition common to most of us. Deriving pleasure from torture, mutilation, and murder, is not.

It's a free country. You can support him and add to his bank account. I will not.

If my choice was to save Michael Vick or save my dogs, I'd save my dogs and wouldn't even feel bad about it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 13, 2012, 09:48:16 AM

So it's ok to break a vow but not ok to kill dogs for amusement? Gotcha. Thanks for the update. Unfortunately about 90% of the planet would disagree with you. Most of the world doesn't place much value on the life of a dog or any animal. Bull baiting, bull fighting, dog fighting, and c0ck fighting have been around for centuries and continue to thrive around the globe. I'm not into any of it. but to pretend it's worse than breaking a vow your wife just because you said so....well it is a bit simple minded to say the least. I mean bull fighting is like a national treasure in many countries. They torture and kill the bull. How is that any worse? Does that mean the entire country is full of sick and twisted people? Trying to say what sins are worse than other sins is ignorant. It's all relative to your personal beliefs and your culture.

It's all about the culture you are raised in. You might think killing a bull for fun or eating a dog is horrible and sick, but many find it completely normal. There is a sub culture in America that doesn't see anything wrong with breeding dogs for fighting and disposing of them like garbage when they no longer have any use. Kinda like horses or greyhounds when they can no longer race. You may not agree, but if you were raised in that culture you would think it was normal. It doesn't make you sick or demented. Just makes you a product of our environment.

: July 13, 2012, 09:54:43 AM JDouble

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 13, 2012, 09:50:59 AM

I couldn't disagree more. The whole "a sin is a sin" mentality is rediculous

Also just because other cultures are into something doesnt meen I condone it, plenty of things other cultures do is archaic.
: July 13, 2012, 09:53:56 AM tripblood

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#37 : July 13, 2012, 09:56:47 AM

Oh well as long as there is a good reason, then inhumane torture is just fine. As long as it's not just for entertainment.....right? Force feeding birds to the point they can't move or keeping cows and pigs in crowded pens for their entire life before slicing their throat and letting them bleed out....that totally different cause we will eat it. Inhumane torture of an animal from the moment is born until it is old enough to be killed is fine cause it's justified...but dog fighting is just unforgivable cause we don't eat them afterwards. Gotcha.

In other cultures people eat dogs. Are they horrible too? Just curious.

I love dogs and hate the idea of dog fighting, but I do see your point. Its just a matter of perception. The same people how hate dog fighting will watch on TV swords being thrown into a bull in Spain for entertainment and they think nothing of it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 13, 2012, 12:18:23 PM

So it's ok to break a vow but not ok to kill dogs for amusement? Gotcha. Thanks for the update. Unfortunately about 90% of the planet would disagree with you. Most of the world doesn't place much value on the life of a dog or any animal. Bull baiting, bull fighting, dog fighting, and c0ck fighting have been around for centuries and continue to thrive around the globe. I'm not into any of it. but to pretend it's worse than breaking a vow your wife just because you said so....well it is a bit simple minded to say the least. I mean bull fighting is like a national treasure in many countries. They torture and kill the bull. How is that any worse? Does that mean the entire country is full of sick and twisted people? Trying to say what sins are worse than other sins is ignorant. It's all relative to your personal beliefs and your culture.

It's all about the culture you are raised in. You might think killing a bull for fun or eating a dog is horrible and sick, but many find it completely normal. There is a sub culture in America that doesn't see anything wrong with breeding dogs for fighting and disposing of them like garbage when they no longer have any use. Kinda like horses or greyhounds when they can no longer race. You may not agree, but if you were raised in that culture you would think it was normal. It doesn't make you sick or demented. Just makes you a product of our environment.

This is not up to your usual standard. More often you manage to disagree and still be civil. Culture is one thing, but what Vick did was waaay beyond culture. He's just sick.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 13, 2012, 01:06:57 PM

Though I would never watch it, i know someone that's done that for years. From South Carolina.... used to fight some of his dogs vs Vick's kennel. Actually told me once there were very prominent Buc players that were into it pretty heavily.

How so??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 13, 2012, 01:14:17 PM

The love and adoration that some people have for dogs is something that i can't fathom. The "part of the family" mentality is something that i can't grasp. Thus..... the difference in level of concern.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#41 : July 13, 2012, 01:54:41 PM

This is not up to your usual standard. More often you manage to disagree and still be civil. Culture is one thing, but what Vick did was waaay beyond culture. He's just sick.

Your agrument is based on emotion more than logic. Cultural difference and environment do play a part. For example, a person who grown up in a rich family can't understand why some of the poor stay poor.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#42 : July 13, 2012, 01:55:48 PM

How so??

Cause he didn't see it on TV or the internet.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 13, 2012, 02:21:59 PM

Any culture that doesn't respect animals or women is a backwards culture.

And am I really supposed to believe Hate? When people throw around stuff like "prominent bucs players" but no details they are seemingly just baiting.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 13, 2012, 02:29:51 PM

The love and adoration that some people have for dogs is something that i can't fathom. The "part of the family" mentality is something that i can't grasp. Thus..... the difference in level of concern.

That's understandable to not see having one as part of the family. But it just seems ignorant to condone what Vick did. Dogs in the mind of someone who doesn't have one as a pet should atleast consider them service animals(seeing-eye dogs, rescue dogs, bomb sniffing dogs, bird dogs). To me, turning around and fighting the animals that we use to save lives is barbaric.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools