Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : July 13, 2012, 02:59:03 PM

It seems barbaric to me also... But that is not the point. Some people think that is barbaric and sick to kill a cow eat a hamburger. Some cultures think that cows are the holiest creatures on earth in the worship them. People are just so quick to think their way of thinking is the only way of thinking and everyone else is wrong.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 13, 2012, 03:04:39 PM

Being black and from the south isn't a large enough cultural difference to think that these actions are ok. He's even said himself that he knew it was wrong when it went down(which proves he isn't a sociopath but one inhumane **CENSORED**).

This guy...

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#47 : July 13, 2012, 03:34:44 PM

Being black and from the south isn't a large enough cultural difference to think that these actions are ok. He's even said himself that he knew it was wrong when it went down(which proves he isn't a sociopath but one inhumane **CENSORED**).

You would be surprised.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 13, 2012, 08:17:35 PM

Just curious.....are you black and from the south? Or do you just assume to know everything?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 13, 2012, 08:30:54 PM

And am I really supposed to believe Hate? When people throw around stuff like "prominent bucs players" but no details they are seemingly just baiting.

Duuuude..... why would i post someone's business here? You and I don't know eachother..... whether you believe my post or not is pretty unimportant.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#50 : July 13, 2012, 08:32:28 PM

Just curious.....are you black and from the south? Or do you just assume to know everything?

Both son!

This guy...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 13, 2012, 08:39:06 PM

Being black and from the south isn't a large enough cultural difference to think that these actions are ok.

While i've never seen it first hand, and would never place myself in that type of environment, i can tell you that it is pretty acceptable behavior.

Had a similar discussion with one of my best friends when this Vick mess first came out. Like you, he was repulsed by this activity. He's a dog owner..... and one of those that believes in the unconditional love of his canine. He actually didn't talk to me for months when i told him his dog would be loyal to me if i gave him some Alpo, lol. I use this as an illustration as to the differing levels of devotion when it comes to dogs.

Bookert1905

Starter
#52 : July 13, 2012, 08:43:03 PM

I hate Vick as much as the next guy, but to think buying his clothing supports what he did is asinine. Buying it supports him, which I wouldn't do because he's a dbag, but to say it supports dog fighting is dumb

csidedave

Second String
#53 : July 13, 2012, 10:10:43 PM

Michael Vick committed a felony crime and deserved everything he got.  Even before that I was not a fan of the man because I thought he was a bit of a punk.  But he has paid the penalty and I feel he deserves another chance and a  fresh start.  I am impressed so far and wish him well.

csidedave

Second String
#54 : July 13, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

Besides this clothing line will fit in nicely with his new shoe contract with...Hush Puppies!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 13, 2012, 11:31:59 PM

Both son!
Oh SNAP...!  Tell me you're not joshin' man?  I have been profiled as your typical "middle-aged, married with 2.3 kids, 2 cars white guy"  I actually get a chuckle out of it.

I've actually had someone have the audacity to tell me "well, there's no way you could be a 'brother' because you're too well wriiten to be blah, blah-friggin'-blah......." as his racist biggoted droning crap ended  - I heard him finally stop and I simply said... "I'm a brother."

Needless to say there was somewhat of a long, uncomfortable pause.

I love it when I've met others from message boards IRL...  If I have a buddy with me, I usually win a beer by betting what their first words are...

"You look different than I expected..."  What's richer is watching them stumble over themselves trying to answer "What were you expecting...?" (with my wonderfully pleasant toothy smile...!)

Something like this:

The pics older, but then again - I don't like pics of my self, either.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 13, 2012, 11:32:54 PM

Besides this clothing line will fit in nicely with his new shoe contract with...Hush Puppies!

** Triple Rim Shot **

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 13, 2012, 11:41:33 PM

I hate Vick as much as the next guy, but to think buying his clothing supports what he did is asinine. Buying it supports him, which I wouldn't do because he's a dbag, but to say it supports dog fighting is dumb

^^^^^^  THIS  ^^^^^^

Let's see...  He did the whole dog fighting thing in the PAST, right?  And the clothing line is coming out NOW, the PRESENT/future.

The author was smart enough to put the word "like" in there.  Read these two headlines:

Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Supporting Dog Fighting?

Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting?

Because of the way the brain skips over secondary and tertiary words in written form, it's easy to turn something you've read - into something different in your mind, by simply ommitting one word. 

I think you understand what I'm trying to              ;)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 14, 2012, 12:00:38 AM

Only 2 more weeks of idle chatter...... can't wait!!!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 14, 2012, 01:01:21 AM

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Supporting New Michael Vick Clothing Line Like Supporting Dog Fighting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools