Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charges Won't Be Pursued Against Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

: July 13, 2012, 01:27:09 PM

For some media outlets, the arrest draws the headline, and the resolution merits a footnote.

But since the news that Bucs cornerback Eric Wright joined the 2012 DUI parade (allegedly), its important to make it clear that the allegedly is now being removed.

On July 1, my client Eric Wright was involved in a car accident in Los Angeles and was arrested for su**CENSORED**ion of DUI, lawyer Jeremy I. Lessem said in a statement released Friday by the team.  Today, I am pleased to announce that the Los Angeles County District Attorney has reviewed the facts and decided not to file any charges.  Therefore, no charges at all will be filed against Eric.  Eric is glad this is behind him and is eager to begin training camp at the end of the month.

Its good news for Wright, the Bucs, and the league.  Though it would be better if hed never been arrested in the first place, its the best possible outcome.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/13/charges-wont-be-pursued-against-eric-wright/

Whew.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 13, 2012, 01:29:44 PM

yay...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

HolyBuc

Starter
#2 : July 13, 2012, 01:31:26 PM

Just goes to show you...never blow or take field test.  Go to jail and hire a good lawyer...sad but true.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 13, 2012, 01:31:59 PM

Just read this.. Great news

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 13, 2012, 01:32:33 PM

YES!!! HE'S STILL A BUCCANEER MAN!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 13, 2012, 01:32:58 PM

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 13, 2012, 01:36:02 PM

Buccaneer Men: If you get caught, just don't get convicted.

Kidding aside, this is def good news.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 13, 2012, 01:49:02 PM

I still think a message should be sent to him via Schiano/Bucs FO. In-house suspension for weeks 1 and 2. Especially since this event happened on Schiano's watch.

Guys need to realize that they need to not put themselves in these situations.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 13, 2012, 01:58:11 PM

Egg all over A LOT of people's faces. "Cut him", well put that in your pipe and smoke it, especially you Boid, you failed.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 13, 2012, 02:03:53 PM

He clearly should have been cut immediately.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 13, 2012, 02:04:52 PM

Egg all over A LOT of people's faces. "Cut him", well put that in your pipe and smoke it, especially you Boid, you failed.

As much as I completely and totally agree.. Let's not start a flame war.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 13, 2012, 02:05:00 PM

I still think a message should be sent to him via Schiano/Bucs FO. In-house suspension for weeks 1 and 2. Especially since this event happened on Schiano's watch.

Guys need to realize that they need to not put themselves in these situations.

If you like arbitration hearings maybe.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Signed

Starter

#12 : July 13, 2012, 02:07:22 PM

Just because the courts didn't pursue any charges doesn't mean he didn't drink and drive, then crash into someone.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 13, 2012, 02:07:31 PM

Good news.

derekmitchellmay

Second String

#14 : July 13, 2012, 02:09:02 PM

Just goes to show you...never blow or take field test.  Go to jail and hire a good lawyer...sad but true.

That is simply untrue.  In the state of California, refusing a test is an automatic admission of guilt.  The moral of the story is, make millions of dollars so that you can get away with anything, including murder.

I live in California, if this had happened to me, I'd be facing a felony and would ultimately be convicted.

Glad for the him and the Bucs as a fan, but annoyed by the injustice in society.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charges Won't Be Pursued Against Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools