Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charges Won't Be Pursued Against Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 13, 2012, 02:53:49 PM

In house suspension sounds good. Id give him a game. Show the other guys this doesnt fly in Bucland.
How do you suspend Wright after not suspending Talib? The standard has been set. If the legal system doesn't do anything to you, the Bucs don't do anything to you.

Well all players that were not traded or released were essentially given a "clean slate" when Schiano took over. Wright essentially pulled down his pants and laid one right on Schiano's grill.

Does Schiano turn the other cheek and let someone else sh*t on his face? Or does he show the team that the BS has got to stop?

I suppose it doesnt have to be in the form of a suspension...but hopefully Wright is on a short leash and is assigned to do some sort of community work.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 13, 2012, 02:55:45 PM

Eric Wright was an awful signing by Dom. Turrible. All that dough for toast...Dom must be one hell of a tipper!!

Supreme

Starter

#32 : July 13, 2012, 03:08:58 PM

Just goes to show you...never blow or take field test.  Go to jail and hire a good lawyer...sad but true.

That is simply untrue.  In the state of California, refusing a test is an automatic admission of guilt.  The moral of the story is, make millions of dollars so that you can get away with anything, including murder.

I live in California, if this had happened to me, I'd be facing a felony and would ultimately be convicted.

Glad for the him and the Bucs as a fan, but annoyed by the injustice in society.
That's where you are wrong. You have the right to deny a field test or even have your car searched. My wife is a legal assistant and one of the lawyers at the firm said that if you ever get pulled over and are asked to do a sobriety test it is your right to deny it. Yes you will be arrested for su**CENSORED**ion but once you get to the jail and by the time they book you and make you take a BA Level test your level will be lower and depending on how much you have had to drink may be under the BA limit. Therefore you will be released since they have nothing to keep you detained. You don't need a good lawyer or money to get you out if some situations, just need knowledge of the system.

Nailed it. Couldn't have said it any better.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : July 13, 2012, 03:13:15 PM

Just goes to show you...never blow or take field test.  Go to jail and hire a good lawyer...sad but true.

That is simply untrue.  In the state of California, refusing a test is an automatic admission of guilt.  The moral of the story is, make millions of dollars so that you can get away with anything, including murder.

I live in California, if this had happened to me, I'd be facing a felony and would ultimately be convicted.

Glad for the him and the Bucs as a fan, but annoyed by the injustice in society.
That's where you are wrong. You have the right to deny a field test or even have your car searched. My wife is a legal assistant and one of the lawyers at the firm said that if you ever get pulled over and are asked to do a sobriety test it is your right to deny it. Yes you will be arrested for su**CENSORED**ion but once you get to the jail and by the time they book you and make you take a BA Level test your level will be lower and depending on how much you have had to drink may be under the BA limit. Therefore you will be released since they have nothing to keep you detained. You don't need a good lawyer or money to get you out if some situations, just need knowledge of the system.

Thanks for letting us know how we can get out of DUI. Now I can drink and drive with impunity.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 13, 2012, 03:13:34 PM

Egg all over A LOT of people's faces. "Cut him", well put that in your pipe and smoke it, especially you Boid, you failed.
Did I say cut him? 

I do stand by my assertion that he simply isn't a very good cornerback in relevance to what Dom spent on him.

Revoked indeed. You may be thinking of FTW who was carrying the
Cut Eric Wright banner at the fore...It is clear that you think he is a great corner value and Dom is doing a bangup job. That is where the FAIL lies. Bundy is perfect for you!!  I should pay you for the rent.

Thanks for clearing that up Boid...  Different means to the same end, IMO.

I'm with the few who think Dom payed "top-tier money" for a "second tier" player...  I hope he's All World - but I just see us being extremely let down by his play.

But hey - this is GOOD news for the Bucs...!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 13, 2012, 03:18:00 PM

Not sure what Bundy us watching. Reruns of that stupid show most likely, but it ain't NFL ball if he thinks Wright is top flight!  And yes, I am familiar with Wright. Not completely, but enough to know he was vastly overpaid for a non-elite cornerback. Dom has a history of these egregious errors. Bundy doesn't see it that way, because most slow people don't.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 13, 2012, 03:20:07 PM

Not sure why Boid cares so much about the Glazer's money. Is Eric Wright in the top 5 corners? No, he is the equivalent of Brandon Carr in overall play.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 13, 2012, 03:20:45 PM

Lets stop acting like this guy is a **CENSORED**ing innocent angel over here okay. He got caught, and he was drinking, and he did hit someone. That is a fact. He denied it and proved even more guilt. This guy is about as guilty as they come. Just because the court decides to just not pursue any charges means he wasn't guilty of what he did.

Anyone want to say Talib should not have faced trial and jailtime? We all know he tried to shoot and possibly kill someone. I don't care what the circumstances may be...he was guilty and because of lawyers, he got away without a scratch.

If the trial had taken place on time and not kept being pushed back...Talib may be wearing a totally different uniform.

You are a fool and naive if you think the court process is 100% fair and accurate. Eric Wright was drinking...and he is a crappy corner. We will be regretting this decision very soon.

Should have just saved that cap space for a better CB next year.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 13, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

Lets stop acting like this guy is a **CENSORED**ing innocent angel over here okay. He got caught, and he was drinking, and he did hit someone. That is a fact. He denied it and proved even more guilt. This guy is about as guilty as they come. Just because the court decides to just not pursue any charges means he wasn't guilty of what he did.

Anyone want to say Talib should not have faced trial and jailtime? We all know he tried to shoot and possibly kill someone. I don't care what the circumstances may be...he was guilty and because of lawyers, he got away without a scratch.

If the trial had taken place on time and not kept being pushed back...Talib may be wearing a totally different uniform.

You are a fool and naive if you think the court process is 100% fair and accurate. Eric Wright was drinking...and he is a crappy corner. We will be regretting this decision very soon.

Wait... you were there?????

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 13, 2012, 03:22:36 PM

BucsFTW your sig is disrespectful! Please remove it!

LoL j/k man. It looks good and I like it!

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 13, 2012, 03:22:50 PM

Not sure why Boid cares so much about the Glazer's money. Is Eric Wright in the top 5 corners? No, he is the equivalent of Brandon Carr in overall play.

Yet none of us wanted Eric Wright....and all wanted Brandon Carr....fascinating.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : July 13, 2012, 03:24:24 PM

I guess Bucsfan4090 has been around quite a bit, speaking in absolutes and all.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 13, 2012, 03:24:34 PM

Not sure why you follow me like a puppy either...I am commenting on a football matter pertaining to my favorite team on a message board. Hell, why not give Trueblood whatever he wants next!  Genius!  And Carr is much better than Wright, but since you are clearly a fool, we can forgive the "slow" guy for being...slow.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 13, 2012, 03:24:54 PM

[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know how we can get out of DUI. Now I can drink and drive with impunity.
[/quote]

In a sense... Yes - you can.  I have a crazy-arsed ex girlfriend who would think nothing of going out clubbing and then driving home trashed.  The epitome of stupid, to me. But...

She got yanked in west Orlando for DWP (driving while polluted), and in hindsight, did one of the most brilliant things I've ever heard of.

She cracked the window...  gave the sheriff her DL and insurance info though the crack...  He ran her license, found her history "clean" and demanded she "get out of the car".

She refused.  Sat there for THREE HOURS...  telling numerous officers, both city, county, and state "I'm affraid".......  over and over and over...  for over 3 hours.

Ended up opening the door ---- when the sun finally came up.  Was taken to 33rd street lock-up, processed, etc...  By the time she was asked to blow - she knew she had soberred-up & was able to pass a BA test.

Amazing....  Being as dumb as a bag-o-doorknobs actually worked to her advantage...!

I know if I ever get pulled, and I HAVE been drinking - I'm going to have a "fear induced panic attack"...!  (I'll blow negative 5 hours later...!)

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 13, 2012, 03:26:12 PM

Wait... you were there?????

Read the report.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the 26-year-old Wright told officers he had been drinking earlier in the night at a friend's house. Refusing to take a field sobriety test after rear ending a car after admitting to drinking earlier in the night...hmmm

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Charges Won't Be Pursued Against Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools