Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The Bucs Keep 3 Quarterbacks in 2012? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 16, 2012, 05:26:40 AM

I dont care frankily. 3rd string QBs rarely make it into games.

Once the back up comes in...it really becomes a running offense/short passes to limit the possibility of another injury.

Just so glad that turd Jordan Jefferson never made it past a day or so.

Whatever happened to "mah sources" guy saying Jefferson was going to dog us and make us look like fools.
. You don't remember how we had to start our 3rd stringer in 1999, a rookie at that, and we ended up in the NFC championship game?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 16, 2012, 08:29:44 AM

Quote from: Skull and Bones
You don't remember how we had to start our 3rd stringer in 1999, a rookie at that, and we ended up in the NFC championship game?

Yeah, but where are we going to find a 3rd stringer with that poise? If only we had a dime for every time one of the PAs used that one.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 16, 2012, 09:40:03 AM

I'd rather have Doug Fluti.....errrr I mean Kellen Moore

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 16, 2012, 10:01:30 AM

Quote from: Skull and Bones
You don't remember how we had to start our 3rd stringer in 1999, a rookie at that, and we ended up in the NFC championship game?

Yeah, but where are we going to find a 3rd stringer with that poise? If only we had a dime for every time one of the PAs used that one.

PAs...?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 16, 2012, 10:20:02 AM

Sorry, I was referring to Play Announcers, not to be confused with Play Actions.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 16, 2012, 02:31:38 PM

Don't know for sure Ryan...  I thought his '08 season alone left him ineligible, but maybe the writer knows something I don't.

If it did, how did he end up on multiple PS's since then? Obviously...'08 was not considered an accrued season.

What I'm wondering is - could the guy actually push Orlovsky for the back-up role?

I sincerely doubt it. Orlovsky has played in the league and is guy Ron Turner is familiar with.

My guess is the Bucs go 2 active guys and one PS guy with Ratliff being PS eligible. Let's put it this way....if Ratliff was PS eligible last season, nothing happened since then to make him less eligibile. So my guess is he is eligible.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 16, 2012, 03:33:35 PM

Don't know for sure Ryan...  I thought his '08 season alone left him ineligible, but maybe the writer knows something I don't.

If it did, how did he end up on multiple PS's since then? Obviously...'08 was not considered an accrued season.

What I'm wondering is - could the guy actually push Orlovsky for the back-up role?

I sincerely doubt it. Orlovsky has played in the league and is guy Ron Turner is familiar with.

My guess is the Bucs go 2 active guys and one PS guy with Ratliff being PS eligible. Let's put it this way....if Ratliff was PS eligible last season, nothing happened since then to make him less eligibile. So my guess is he is eligible.

Based on logic, your thinking is impossible to argue with.  Reviewing the eligibility reqs, I don't think he is, but...  If I am 'right', how the heck was he on so many practice squads?

I think...  And I may be 180 degrees off base here, that he IS practice squad eligible - it's just that the Bucs may not have a way to "protect" him...

Honestly...  Don't know fer sure...!

Orlovsky's connection with Ron Turner obviously leaves him in the drivers seat, so like I (and others) have said - he'd have to ball 'Lights Out' to beat out The Big O...!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 16, 2012, 03:36:16 PM

Sorry, I was referring to Play Announcers, not to be confused with Play Actions.

No sweat Heffe...!

Heard 'em called "play-by-play anouncers" and "color commentators" (racists!) - just not familiar with "PAs"...

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 22, 2012, 12:56:12 AM

Based on logic, your thinking is impossible to argue with.  Reviewing the eligibility reqs, I don't think he is, but...  If I am 'right', how the heck was he on so many practice squads?

I think...  And I may be 180 degrees off base here, that he IS practice squad eligible - it's just that the Bucs may not have a way to "protect" him...

Honestly...  Don't know fer sure...!

Orlovsky's connection with Ron Turner obviously leaves him in the drivers seat, so like I (and others) have said - he'd have to ball 'Lights Out' to beat out The Big O...!

Mark Cook's Pewter Confidential today says Ratliff is not PS eligible. I'm not sure if that's something he's been told or he figured it out himself and it doesn't make sense to me that he was eligible last year and by the rules last year shouldn't have counted as a PS squad year but we'll go with what he reports and Ratliff is not PS eligible.

If that is the case they really should look at a developmental guy of some sort.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 22, 2012, 09:49:59 AM

It's just a wait and see type thing. In my mind Orlovsky is solidified as the #2 though

This guy...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 23, 2012, 11:51:03 PM

It's just a wait and see type thing. In my mind Orlovsky is solidified as the #2 though

Missed this trippy...  I was having fun watcing all the boys be chivalrous... lol

Yeah, I think Orlo's basically a lock for the No.2 spot, and like others have said......  "Camp Arm"...

But I just wonder if the 5 year guy might finally shine as "above average", and swipe the No.2 spot from Orlo?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The Bucs Keep 3 Quarterbacks in 2012? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools