Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How would you defend Newton? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#135 : July 25, 2012, 11:35:18 AM

Quote from: Illuminator
You'll have to punish him when he does, or that strategy could bite you in the ass.

That goes without question. It's essentially what we used to do with Vick when he was with the Falcons. Not that you pride yourself in taking a guy out of the game or anything, but Vick looked like a tape dispenser from the bench.
But Vick was barely over 200 lbs and has proven over his career to be very brittle. Newton is bigger than almost our entire defense. He's a different animal.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#136 : July 25, 2012, 11:37:51 AM

That's why I don't like big QBs.  They have an unfair advantage. 

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#137 : July 25, 2012, 11:46:57 AM

Very true FRG (Newton being a different animal) but I still think our defense can take him out to the woodshed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#138 : July 25, 2012, 11:50:44 AM

Matt Bryant is now a Falcon.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#139 : July 25, 2012, 11:53:56 AM

Yes, I do believe Clayborn has the size and mean streak to actually do some damage to Newton. But he may be the only one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#140 : July 25, 2012, 12:01:01 PM

Quote from: Skull and Bones
Matt Bryant is now a Falcon.

Listen meow, The fat hits the fire when Newton leaves the pocket. Newton is talented, but his feet are made of clay. You just can't hide elephants in mouse holes, we're going to have to face this head on. Our defense knows necessity is the mother of invention. We can't be a bunch of nervous nellies. Lets scare Newton so bad he'll never darken our door again.

/idioms

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#141 : July 25, 2012, 03:21:11 PM

Your video is ok....but I like this one. Did I mention I like Clayborn?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#142 : July 25, 2012, 05:23:40 PM

Quote from: Illuminator
You'll have to punish him when he does, or that strategy could bite you in the ass.

That goes without question. It's essentially what we used to do with Vick when he was with the Falcons. Not that you pride yourself in taking a guy out of the game or anything, but Vick looked like a tape dispenser from the bench.
But Vick was barely over 200 lbs and has proven over his career to be very brittle. Newton is bigger than almost our entire defense. He's a different animal.

Sometimes being big just makes you a bigger target. Ask Daunte Culpepper.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How would you defend Newton? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools