Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will LeGrand Lead The Bucs Out in 2012…? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

micheal89156

Practice Squad

« : July 19, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »

Eric LeGrand (center) led his team onto the field before a game against West Virginia.

Out of the tunnel that is.

How inspiring would it be to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come out of their tunnel this September with Eric LeGrand leading the way?

Every year, teams come roaring out of their respective tunnels with their heads on fire, jumping up and down, doing their “personal moves” a la Ray Lewis.  It’s undeniably exciting for fans with the electricity in the air, but this year is all about change for the Buccaneers, and with that in mind…  Why not have our team walk out of the tunnel, as one unit, together, walking stoically with Eric LeGrand leading the way?

What a statement it would make.  Buccaneer fans would see that this team is now just that — a team.  A team of “Buccaneer Men” standing proudly by each others side, with their fallen comrade by their side as well.

I don’t really know how the logistics would work; would LeGrand accompany them to the goal line, and then give them the nod to then “take the field” by storm?  It’s an interesting thought, for sure.

Everything the Glazers have done so far this year has thrilled the fanbase, from free agent signings, to what has been hailed a very successful draft, to reaching out to the community in the endless array of programs they support.  What better way to finish their offseason makeover of these Buccaneers, than to start off the season with would be an incredibly heartfelt gesture.

And, one day, maybe in the not to distant future, we’ll be lucky enough to have Eric LeGrand actually lead the Bucs out of that tunnel…

On his on two feet.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 19, 2012, 12:47:18 AM »

Um, no. Just No.

Rookies that haven't participated in off-season workouts don't LEAD teams out onto the field.

McCoy, Freeman, Dallas Clark, Vincent Jackson.
OK, maybe Barron or David.

Guys that have poured their sweat and blood with the Bucs this offseason. Buccaneer Men.

« : July 19, 2012, 12:49:48 AM TheChronicHotAir »

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 19, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »

Why do I know that I have no need to see Chron's drivel on the issue...?

I think it would be a great move for the team...

It would totally symbolize their solidarity!

I say do it...!

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 19, 2012, 01:28:34 AM »

Would be an amazing gesture. I'm all for it.

kjbugman

Starter

« #4 : July 19, 2012, 05:41:25 AM »

I'd be fine with it.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : July 19, 2012, 06:58:10 AM »

Now this is going to sound harsh but HELL NO!!!!
Why would he lead them out, it makes zero sense.
The guy has nothing to do with the Bucs except as a "sob story" to generate interest.
He's a Schiano and Rutgers player not a Bucs player.
I do feel bad for the kid but when is this going to end?
Giving the kid a contract was a nice gesture but at what point do cut him loose and end this fairy tale?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 19, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »

Giving the kid a contract was a nice gesture but at what point do cut him loose and end this fairy tale?

When he walks again.

For you numbskulls who don't think outside a roster spot.. Schiano, and the Buccaneers have made it their goal to help this kid walk again... As he makes strides to reach that goal, he serves as an unfiltered source of inspiration.

We are lucky to have him on our team.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 19, 2012, 07:37:23 AM »

When he walks again.

For you numbskulls who don't think outside a roster spot.. Schiano, and the Buccaneers have made it their goal to help this kid walk again... As he makes strides to reach that goal, he serves as an unfiltered source of inspiration.

Way to go right to the insults, you do realise that is a trait of the "mentally challenged" who attack the person rather than the message because they generally struggle to make a real case to back up their point.

Is being on the Bucs roster going to help him walk in any way?
They can cut him loose and still help the kid or is there some law against that?
He has zero ties to the Bucs other than Schianos conscience, he never played for the Bucs, unfortunately he never will play for any team again, he isn't even from the Tampa area so why exactly is he the Bucs "mascot?"
I'm all for helping the kid but at some point there has to be a split or are they going to have him lead them out the tunnel, be a team captain and then start 10 men as a tribute?
I just don't see the need for him to be a Buc.

Oh and you say "when he walks again"
So basically we're gonna use a roster spot (practise squad) for a number of years and you're fine with that?
There is a difference between feeling sorry for the kid and wishing him well and going overboard.
« : July 19, 2012, 07:41:35 AM TBTrojan »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #8 : July 19, 2012, 07:42:12 AM »

I think he should parachute down into the stadium holding a Bucs flag on opening day.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 19, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

When he walks again.

Way to go right to the insults, you do realise that is a trait of the "mentally challenged" who attack the person rather than the message because they generally struggle to make a real case to back up their point.
Geez Trojan...  It's not like he called you a heartless piece of SHlT butt-wipe.  He played the "numbskull card"......  Oooooooohhh...  Such a meanie, huh?    ::)

Now...  While I won't call you any names, I can't help but notice how mind-numbingly stupid some of your comments are.  I'll address them below...

Is being on the Bucs roster going to help him walk in any way?  Yes.  It seem to be a tremendous inspiration to the young man.
They can cut him loose and still help the kid or is there some law against that?   Is there a "law" against keeping him, and helping him as well...?
He has zero ties to the Bucs other than Schianos conscience, he never played for the Bucs, unfortunately he never will play for any team again, he isn't even from the Tampa area so why exactly is he the Bucs "mascot?"  This is where you crossed my personal line of decency...  Someone in a costume is a "mascot".  A guy bound to a wheelchair...  He's a real life man.  Do you think Schiano has helped him because his conscience i snagging him...?  Really...?  No way...  Does it even matter if he's ever taken a snap for the Bucs, or if he's even from this area...?!?!?
I'm all for helping the kid but at some point there has to be a split or are they going to have him lead them out the tunnel, be a team captain and then start 10 men as a tribute?  Now....  You're being absolutely assinine...!
I just don't see the need for him to be a Buc.  Nobody....  The Bucs...  The fans...  Or the readers of a friggin' message board...  "need" for you to see him as a Buc.  You place way too much importance on your miniscule existence.

Oh and you say "when he walks again"  I think he'll be on his feet by the start of next season, but that doesn't really matter now, does it?
So basically we're gonna use a roster spot (practise squad) for a number of years and you're fine with that?  No, we're NOT going to use even ONE roster spot for the guy come cut-downs.  Are you really so obtuse as to think that'll be how it's all handled...?
There is a difference between feeling sorry for the kid and wishing him well and going overboard.  You're absolutely right...  There IS a difference.  Thank God, you're not the one it's up to...

Point is Trojan...

There are ways to keep LeGrand involved with the team, the area, and the community...  WITHOUT having it impact the Bucs roster.

Do you really think LeGrand is taking up a roster spot, and we're missing out on a potential UDFA that's lurking in the weeds...?

If you do...  You'd be a heartless piece of SHlT butt-wipe, but you don't really feel that way....  Right Trojan...?!?!?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 19, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »

I think he should parachute down into the stadium holding a Bucs flag on opening day.

Doloris...

THIS is why you get called a D-bag sometimes.

You've got decent football insight (occasionally), but your propensity for being an ass-clown stands out glaringly more often than not...

Tighten up young fella.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 19, 2012, 12:32:51 PM »

When the man can walk out of the tunnel, he deserves to lead the team onto the field.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #12 : July 19, 2012, 12:49:04 PM »

Yeah, if you you DON'T think he should, you're a heartless P.O.S.

Makes sense!!!

How about dress him up like Gene Simmons (head-to-toe) and have him lead the charge?! "Yeah, boi!!!"

Rename RJS  "E L Stadium". 

Fast track him to the "Ring of Honor". He deserves it!!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #13 : July 19, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »

Trojans skin is made of butter.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : July 19, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

Trojans skin is made of butter.

Yet another well thought out post by tripblood.
Thank you for such a solid contribution to this football board, it's added so much.
Anymore immature insults/comments you want to get out of the way?

In regards to me using the term mascot in a previous post, that wasn't the best choice of words, ambassador fits what I meant more but it doesn't really matter because I'm obviously a heartless POS being as I do feel that way.
« : July 19, 2012, 02:37:06 PM TBTrojan »
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will LeGrand Lead The Bucs Out in 2012…? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools