Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Dark Knight Rises « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Bookert1905

Starter
#30 : July 21, 2012, 03:54:34 PM

Yep thats it..... Blame the things that just about everyone does and very very little ever turn violent. Don't blame the people who raised and noticed the signals yet sit on their ass and did nothing.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : July 21, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

Yep thats it..... Blame the things that just about everyone does and very very little ever turn violent. Don't blame the people who raised and noticed the signals yet sit on their ass and did nothing.
"Just about everyone" brings their 6 yr olds to violently graphic movies after midnight?

"Just about everyone" plays virtually realistic video games where one shoots an automatic weapon at  a other's heads and blows it to smithereens?  How can anyone with normal psychology find these graphic video games "entertaining?"

How can any child or teenager grow up to be "normal" after being exposed to this kind of "entertainment?"

Bookert1905

Starter
#32 : July 21, 2012, 04:51:36 PM

Yes Morgan, a lot of kids play video games with violence. A lot of kids watch PG-13 movies. And guess what, those kids are normal. I played many a games as a kid and I am as normal as anyone else.

Bookert1905

Starter
#33 : July 21, 2012, 05:00:42 PM

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/james-holmes-shooter-guitar-hero-dark-knight/

Oh no!!! Music causes crazy people!!!!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 21, 2012, 05:02:05 PM

Yes Morgan, a lot of kids play video games with violence. A lot of kids watch PG-13 movies. And guess what, those kids are normal. I played many a games as a kid and I am as normal as anyone else.

Violent video games increased aggressive affect in males and females,
in children and adults, and in experimental and nonexperimental
studies, suggesting that violent video games may also increase
aggression by increasing feelings of anger or hostility.

http://www.soc.iastate.edu/sapp/VideoGames1.pdf

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 21, 2012, 05:08:45 PM

anyone see the interview on piers morgan?  guy frickin left his g/f who was shot in the leg, 4 year old stepdaughter, and 4 month old baby!  dropped the baby and ran.  pathetic.

No, didnt see that. Hopefully she dumps his ass.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 21, 2012, 05:18:54 PM

No, didnt see that. Hopefully she dumps his ass.

actually, for the kicker...he proposed at the hospital and she said...yes.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 21, 2012, 05:44:10 PM

Violent video games increased aggressive affect in males and females,
in children and adults, and in experimental and nonexperimental
studies, suggesting that violent video games may also increase
aggression by increasing feelings of anger or hostility.

http://www.soc.iastate.edu/sapp/VideoGames1.pdf

You can argue about these things leading to a desensitization of violence.

But desensitivity to violence is not what caused this guy to go off. This was just a psycho with paranoid delusions. Put him in front of a Batman movie and he'll think he's Joker. Put him in church and he'll think he's Satan. There was a story back several years ago when the Matrix movies were out. A guy thought he was in the Matrix and shot up his apartment building, killing his landlord. Sane people don't do these things even if the media in question makes them more "aggressive" because they can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, while people with a severe psychosis sometimes cannot.

Bookert1905

Starter
#38 : July 21, 2012, 05:50:56 PM

Thanks for proving your bias Morgan. A 2001 study over this one:

http://ideas.time.com/2011/12/07/video-games-dont-make-kids-violent/

2011 and also, guess what? Violence in teens and kids has gone down drastically over the years when violence has increased in games. So just by looking at that you can see it doesn't do it.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 21, 2012, 07:27:03 PM

The rest of the names released...
Jesse Childress, 29, Air Force Staff Sergeant
Jonathan Blunk, 26, Navy vet
Alexander Jonathan Boik, 18
Alex Teves, 24
Gordon W. Cowden, 51
Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 21, 2012, 08:05:47 PM

Thanks for proving your bias Morgan. A 2001 study over this one:

http://ideas.time.com/2011/12/07/video-games-dont-make-kids-violent/

2011 and also, guess what? Violence in teens and kids has gone down drastically over the years when violence has increased in games. So just by looking at that you can see it doesn't do it.

I'll follow a meta-analysis study with large sample sizes coming from a reputable psych journal before some pop-culture liberal magazine with a single author's opinion.

Bookert1905

Starter
#41 : July 21, 2012, 08:12:04 PM

Lol of course. I could post the one from Harvard but it isn't worth my time

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 21, 2012, 09:45:36 PM

Excellent movie.  I don't think it was better than "The Dark Knight", but it was a good flick.  Nolan is a phenomenal talent.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 21, 2012, 10:08:22 PM

Excellent movie.  I don't think it was better than "The Dark Knight", but it was a good flick.  Nolan is a phenomenal talent.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see the take he and Zach Snyder have in store for "Man of Steel". The cast is stellar with 6 oscar nominees/winners.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 22, 2012, 03:27:48 AM

Surprised no one has blamed rap music yet. They've blamed everything else.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Dark Knight Rises « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools