Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBSSports.Com Projects Buccaneers 2012-2013 Season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 20, 2012, 02:57:56 AM

...OK, you've all brought up an interesting point!

How come we HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP from Schiano about his old friends back at Penn State?

NOT A PEEP.

To me, that's saying he wants to TOTALLY distance himself from it. Why? Not even 1 comment??
( i'm guessing he knew some stuff, and didn't............ )

Key word is "guessing".. What purpose would it serve? He wasn't asked to testify at the trial. My "guess" is he did not know any "stuff" and would prefer to not be connected to Penn State in ANY context. This team has enough distractions from the player roster. They don't need another from the HC. Schiano has a reputation as an honorable man who commands the respect of everyone around him. I doubt he would have spent 5 years in "Happy Valley" knowing he was working with a pedophile. Schiano does not seek out media attention. He deals with the media only when forced to as part of his job. Most of us understand and approve of that approach after a decade of just the opposite. It's a refreshing change. I believe the end result will be 9 or 10 wins in 2012.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 20, 2012, 10:19:20 AM

Yeah...  it's a lukewarm picture of a team no one really knows how it's going to turn out this season.

Sure will be fun to watch - but 3 and 13?   Even the most pessimistic posters I read here wouldn't go that far into the blackhole...

I think we'll start out rough, but make up a lot of ground in the middle of the season...   .500 is about right.  anywhere between 6 to 10 wins makes sense.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 20, 2012, 10:36:04 AM

3 wins is possible. The defense is suspect until proven otherwise (in one way or shape, via player health or performance, or both).

I think 6 wins is more likely the scenario. But next year, I will expect at least a break even type record as a sign of S's coaching ability. If we flounder again, the team might have to be blown up again...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 20, 2012, 10:48:53 AM

No way we win only 3 games.. We should win that many playing the division.

I'll say this, if we end up with 3 wins.. Josh Freeman didn't do his job and that early pick better be on a quarterback.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 20, 2012, 11:09:56 AM

It seems CBS Sports thinks the NFL will buck the trend and everything will remain the same as it was last season.

Do they never learn?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 20, 2012, 01:25:57 PM

Jesus C.

So we get better in nearly every area on the roster, hire (what seems to be) a more competent coaching staff, have most of the injured guys back to near 100%, and face a slightly easier schedule....and we lose one more game than last year??

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 20, 2012, 01:39:24 PM

I'll say this, if we end up with 3 wins.. Josh Freeman didn't do his job and that early pick better be on a quarterback.

if we only win 3 games then josh freeman was obviously injured and we had Orvlosky as our starting quarterback

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 20, 2012, 02:32:23 PM

if we only win 3 games then josh freeman was obviously injured and we had Orvlosky as our starting quarterback

uhh last year's josh freeman could VERY WELL lead a team to a 3 win season... after all, he JUST led a team to a 4 win season... one more loss isn't too far of a stretch

obviously we added some talent to the roster, but inconsistency and ill-timed turnovers can negate all that

edit: don't get me wrong, I think freeman has been doing everything right this offseason, so I'll reserve judgement until the team actually steps onto the field. 

but I agree with tripblood... if it doesn't convert to better play and decision making on sundays... we should be looking to the draft for a new solution
: July 20, 2012, 02:37:09 PM beardmcdoug

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 20, 2012, 02:35:35 PM

Freeman made some awful throws. Blame k2 if you want but some of those were JV throws. Poor angles, over shoots, poor placement and reads...he was throwing off balance...he sucked. And he refused to run, his completion percentage would be the low 50% range if not for Kregg The Leg Lumpkin. Free was hampered by terrible staff coaching, but he made me cringe in the RZ because he threw terrible passes.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 20, 2012, 02:39:07 PM

Jesus C.

So we get better in nearly every area on the roster, hire (what seems to be) a more competent coaching staff, have most of the injured guys back to near 100%, and face a slightly easier schedule....and we lose one more game than last year??

Slightly easier schedule? NY, Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and Eagles. With all the additions to the roster, I think fans forget we have an unproven OC and DC calling plays. The record 3-13 might be a stretch but 5-11 or 7-9 sounds more realistic to me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 20, 2012, 02:43:52 PM

Jesus C.

Slightly easier schedule? NY, Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and Eagles. With all the additions to the roster, I think fans forget we have an unproven OC and DC calling plays. The record 3-13 might be a stretch but 5-11 or 7-9 sounds more realistic to me.
Eggxactly.

sUPERBOWL cHAMPS, Cowboys at Dallas, San Diego has a beast QB, Denver is in Denver, and the Iggles are tough.  Throw in ATL, Saints, and Carolina with that three pronged rushing attack and a large QB who will make you pay with his legs against a run weak defense, and I fail to see how this is easier.  Six wins seems viable to me, and I would take it, as long as the games are MUCH more palatable.

Last year, they were blown out 10 minutes in...

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 20, 2012, 02:50:17 PM

Super Bowl winners. Yep, I'm going there. We will win it all this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 20, 2012, 02:51:28 PM

Super Bowl winners. Yep, I'm going there. We will win it all this year.
:D

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 20, 2012, 02:53:00 PM

(shush, Boid, they'll figure out I'm kidding!)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 20, 2012, 02:55:23 PM

Hey man, I will be rooting for them to win EVERY game, and I do want them to make the Superbowl game.  That is all homer though.

I know how to seperate the two.  Otherwise, I wouldn;t watch them damned games.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBSSports.Com Projects Buccaneers 2012-2013 Season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools