Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBSSports.Com Projects Buccaneers 2012-2013 Season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 20, 2012, 03:14:19 PM

Jesus C.

So we get better in nearly every area on the roster, hire (what seems to be) a more competent coaching staff, have most of the injured guys back to near 100%, and face a slightly easier schedule....and we lose one more game than last year??

Slightly easier schedule? NY, Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and Eagles. With all the additions to the roster, I think fans forget we have an unproven OC and DC calling plays. The record 3-13 might be a stretch but 5-11 or 7-9 sounds more realistic to me.
Eggxactly.

sUPERBOWL cHAMPS, Cowboys at Dallas, San Diego has a beast QB, Denver is in Denver, and the Iggles are tough.  Throw in ATL, Saints, and Carolina with that three pronged rushing attack and a large QB who will make you pay with his legs against a run weak defense, and I fail to see how this is easier.  Six wins seems viable to me, and I would take it, as long as the games are MUCH more palatable.

Last year, they were blown out 10 minutes in...

Ok, last year we played a "home game" in London against the Bears. Faced the then defending SB champs at Lambeau. Faced a 13-3 SF team on the road. Were beat down by the playoff bound Lions. Played Dallas, which we do yet again. Got beat down by a Texans team that could have went to the SB if Schaub had not got hurt.

You guys can be argumentative all you want to...but last years schedule was "slightly" tougher. San Diego does have a beast of a QB...but their defense will be just as bad as ours...that should be a fairly even matchup. Yea we play the NFC East...but the NFC North was/is a tougher division.

JC...you guys act like I proclaimed we were a playoff team...when in all honesty I think this is a sub-.500 team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 20, 2012, 03:16:32 PM

Point is, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year.

The schedule is not easier.  If anything, it is par for 2011.  Of course, all those teams could be average, ya never know.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 20, 2012, 03:25:42 PM

The schedule is not easier.  If anything, it is par for 2011.  Of course, all those teams could be average, ya never know.

I have yet to see one person argue against "we will be lucky to win 6 games this year"...no need to be a broken record about it.

Agree to disagree on the schedule. The implication wasn't that the schedule was easy this year.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 20, 2012, 03:25:57 PM

You and me both, you and me both. I'm calling us at 11-5 with a Super Bowl win. Book it.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 20, 2012, 03:39:04 PM

Jesus C.

So we get better in nearly every area on the roster, hire (what seems to be) a more competent coaching staff, have most of the injured guys back to near 100%, and face a slightly easier schedule....and we lose one more game than last year??

Slightly easier schedule? NY, Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and Eagles. With all the additions to the roster, I think fans forget we have an unproven OC and DC calling plays. The record 3-13 might be a stretch but 5-11 or 7-9 sounds more realistic to me.
Eggxactly.

sUPERBOWL cHAMPS, Cowboys at Dallas, San Diego has a beast QB, Denver is in Denver, and the Iggles are tough.  Throw in ATL, Saints, and Carolina with that three pronged rushing attack and a large QB who will make you pay with his legs against a run weak defense, and I fail to see how this is easier.  Six wins seems viable to me, and I would take it, as long as the games are MUCH more palatable.

Ok, last year we played a "home game" in London against the Bears. Faced the then defending SB champs at Lambeau. Faced a 13-3 SF team on the road. Were beat down by the playoff bound Lions. Played Dallas, which we do yet again. Got beat down by a Texans team that could have went to the SB if Schaub had not got hurt.

You guys can be argumentative all you want to...but last years schedule was "slightly" tougher. San Diego does have a beast of a QB...but their defense will be just as bad as ours...that should be a fairly even matchup. Yea we play the NFC East...but the NFC North was/is a tougher division.

JC...you guys act like I proclaimed we were a playoff team...when in all honesty I think this is a sub-.500 team.

How will you justify us making Jacksonville look like a playoff caliber team when we played them?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 20, 2012, 03:39:54 PM

You and me both, you and me both. I'm calling us at 11-5 with a Super Bowl win. Book it.

I'll jump on the bandwagon.

+1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 20, 2012, 03:41:05 PM

...OK, you've all brought up an interesting point!

How come we HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP from Schiano about his old friends back at Penn State?

NOT A PEEP.

To me, that's saying he wants to TOTALLY distance himself from it. Why? Not even 1 comment??
( i'm guessing he knew some stuff, and didn't............ )
. Can you blame him?  Its funny how fate works.  Had the Sandusky scandal never have happened and Joe Paterno had just died Schiano might have been interested in the Penn St job and they would have probably been interested in him. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 20, 2012, 04:04:57 PM

Jesus C.

Eggxactly.

How will you justify us making Jacksonville look like a playoff caliber team when we played them?

::) Ok dude, you got me  ::)...I have no need to justify the Jacksonville loss...Jacksonville was one of the weaker teams we played last year, along with the Colts, and Vikings...so there was no need to bring them up....just like there was no need to bring up the Vikings, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs in your initial reply. Now will the Chiefs and Raiders be better than they were in 2011?? Yes, its possible...but, like Boid said, (some of those teams) could be average, ya never know.

Same message directed at you, NC12, agree to disagree. The differences between the strength of the two schedules is so slight(hmmmm..which is the word I used originally)...that it is subjective from one person to the next.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#38 : July 20, 2012, 04:12:07 PM

Its all a big if anyway.

No one has seen Schiano HC an NFL team before. No one has seen Sullivan coordinate an NFL offense before. Sheridan's one year as DC was injury ridden.

Its a shot in the dark. Anything is possible and even fairly reasonable.

Josh could come out gangbusters and Sullivan could be brilliant and we'll score 28 a game. McCoy, Clayborn, Foster and Barron could lead a young, fast defense that makes stops now that the offense can stay on the field.

or we could **CENSORED**ing blow and need to draft a new QB at suck **CENSORED** for 2-3 more years

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 20, 2012, 04:13:56 PM

Jesus C.

Eggxactly.

::) Ok dude, you got me  ::)...I have no need to justify the Jacksonville loss...Jacksonville was one of the weaker teams we played last year, along with the Colts, and Vikings...so there was no need to bring them up....just like there was no need to bring up the Vikings, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs in your initial reply. Now will the Chiefs and Raiders be better than they were in 2011?? Yes, its possible...but, like Boid said, (some of those teams) could be average, ya never know.

Same message directed at you, NC12, agree to disagree. The differences between the strength of the two schedules is so slight(hmmmm..which is the word I used originally)...that it is subjective from one person to the next.

Don't me wrong, I am not throwing anything in your face but I have to disagree. I think this season we are playing more talented and proven teams. For like look at it like this:
2012 Tough teams: NY, Dallas, San Deigo, Denver, and Eagles. Not to mention our division in which I see 3-3 this season. All of those teams have the talent and coaching staff to get them to the playoffs. Well, minus San Deigo...I think Norv Turner sucks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 20, 2012, 04:27:16 PM

Don't me wrong, I am not throwing anything in your face but I have to disagree. I think this season we are playing more talented and proven teams. For like look at it like this:
2012 Tough teams: NY, Dallas, San Deigo, Denver, and Eagles. Not to mention our division in which I see 3-3 this season. All of those teams have the talent and coaching staff to get them to the playoffs. Well, minus San Deigo...I think Norv Turner sucks.

Ok, well there were just as many tough teams that we played last year.
2011 Tough/playoff teams: Green Bay(defending SB Champs, just like NYG), Detroit, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas(if you are counting them this year then I am counting them last year). Also, I think it's worth mentioning that even though it looks as if Carolina will be tougher in '12, I believe that both the Saints and Falcons will not be as good as they were in '11. I actually see ATL taking a few steps back, and the Saints will be in the mix...but with Sean Payton being out, it will be noticed.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 20, 2012, 07:00:48 PM

There's so much new about the Bucs.  I guess the fear is that it may not gel in this first season......who knows?????

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 20, 2012, 07:03:46 PM

If Gruden was our coach they would be predicting 9-7.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 20, 2012, 08:26:48 PM

...OK, you've all brought up an interesting point!

How come we HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP from Schiano about his old friends back at Penn State?

NOT A PEEP.

To me, that's saying he wants to TOTALLY distance himself from it. Why? Not even 1 comment??
( i'm guessing he knew some stuff, and didn't............ )

Where do you think Schiano learned this quote he used yesterday?

Id rather not (comment on it). What happens inside our meeting shower rooms and that stuff, I like to keep that amongst our team.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 20, 2012, 08:41:35 PM

This sums up every new season for me. Strange things happen year to year in the NFL. It's why I love it so much. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBSSports.Com Projects Buccaneers 2012-2013 Season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools