Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolution is not science - it is nothing less than false religion « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #390 : August 21, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »

the worst type of blindness is the kind you willingly accept.

Boy, that's an ironic statement.

Oh yeah, Evolution is science.

OT, you fail to answer one very basic and simple question and you fail at it in every thread you make. If the world, universe, trees animals and people were created less than 10K years ago. How do you account for fossils that are proven to be millions of years old? I mean, besides saying carbon dating is a false religion?

You can always find the clown answers to these things on the Answers in Gensis site. I highly, seriously, recommend it, because it does help understand what these types are going on about because a lot of things they say make no sense out of context of their own internal dialogs.

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/radiometric-dating/radiometric-dating-and-proof/

It is all comedy gold to an extend but this highights the problem:

But first, what do you mean by “proof”? From the way you are using the word, it does not seem that you understand its meaning. In a courtroom, the “proof” that is sought by the judge and the jury is corroborated testimonies from eyewitnesses who were present at the scene of the crime and who saw the accused perpetrate the crime. On the other hand, the court testimonies of forensic scientists are subjected to intense scrutiny, because they do not constitute proof.

Yes, they are going with the "we didn't see the earth formed so we can't know how old it is". Same answer also means presumably they have no idea when their car was made.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #391 : August 23, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »

that "proof" science requires is not able to be provided by evolutionists, or ANY God fearing religion. Hence all belief sets (paradigm or world view) will require faith at some point in its explanations of what happened in the beginning (of whatever belief).

The funny thing is that evolutionists have been fooled into thinking their paradigm is based on science and mathematics when a close look at the KNOWN facts reveals that actually~ it is the world view that requires THE MOST FAITH out of all the various world views! O the sheer irony!

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #392 : August 23, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »

that "proof" science requires is not able to be provided by evolutionists, or ANY God fearing religion. Hence all belief sets (paradigm or world view) will require faith at some point in its explanations of what happened in the beginning (of whatever belief).

The funny thing is that evolutionists have been fooled into thinking their paradigm is based on science and mathematics when a close look at the KNOWN facts reveals that actually~ it is the world view that requires THE MOST FAITH out of all the various world views! O the sheer irony!

no. you're just wrong here. 

math requires no faith. 

chemistry requires no faith.

physics requires no faith.

these are fields of human understanding of the universe that, while constantly evolving into more precise versions, are consistent to a functional degree that has given us the ability to know the age of stars billions of light years away, the cellular structure of the tiniest organisms on the planet, and give you the capability to type your stupidity on your keyboard, and others to record theirs on a webcam

the idea that you're attempting to equate the faith necessary required to believe that you know god and the answers to the origin of the universe, to that of millions of scientists through out the world and human history who have built upon eachothers' experiments and eachothers' understanding of physical existence in this universe, who readily admit they're still searching for "the answer", is pretty remarkable

if you have netflix, go watch the film Particle Fever

there's a guy on there that's as nerdy and spacey as the guy from your youtube videos, he just happened to do something with his life and is one of the most revered particle physicists in the world

I think you'll like him

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #393 : August 24, 2014, 06:01:53 AM »

I never said math, chemistry and physics required faith.
I DID SAY belief in evolution and belief in no God requires faith.

Plz re-read what I wrote so you can understand. I knew what I wrote would be a precision dart into these atheists nerve center because recently (last week) I had several in depth conversations face to face with my atheist coworker ~ just fresh out of college mind you.
He had been brainwashed into thinking evolution was a fact based upon facts! I provided the link to this video and he and his gf watched the entire clip. The same clip beard will not touch with a 10 ft pole.

Suffice it to say after watching the video has a new respect for world views and I thank God He allowed me to crack open that locked door with TRUTH.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
« #394 : August 24, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »

You are in no place to call anyone brainwashed.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #395 : August 24, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »

I never said math, chemistry and physics required faith.
I DID SAY belief in evolution and belief in no God requires faith.

Plz re-read what I wrote so you can understand. I knew what I wrote would be a precision dart into these atheists nerve center because recently (last week) I had several in depth conversations face to face with my atheist coworker ~ just fresh out of college mind you.
He had been brainwashed into thinking evolution was a fact based upon facts! I provided the link to this video and he and his gf watched the entire clip. The same clip beard will not touch with a 10 ft pole.

Suffice it to say after watching the video has a new respect for world views and I thank God He allowed me to crack open that locked door with TRUTH.

chemistry, physics and math are the foundation for biology

(chemistry is the lego pieces, physics determines how they fit together, and math is our very much figured-out understanding of that relationship)

and because biology functions in an inherently emergent way within the framework of physics, and the chemicals and space available, the evolution of species is entirely determined by a faithless process

first though, you have to be able to truly imagine what 1,000 years time means.  I mean think about that.  Think about what 1,000 years means.  The entire Roman Empire came and went in 500 years. That's only ~20 generations of people during the Roman Empire.  Nothing meaningful can happen evolutionarily in 20 generations. No wonder people have a hard time understanding evolution, because we as humans are never going to see it. 

Now think about what 10,000 years means. 

Now think about what 100,000 years is. 

That's 200x Roman Empires. That's 400x American Empires. 

Now imagine 5 times that - 500,000 years.   Now we're getting up to an evolutionary timescale.  And we're not even in the millions.  And the earth has been around for 4.7 BILLION years.  So just think about time and what it really means...

watch this (its only 10 minutes and you'll enjoy it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0

And so when you have that true understanding of time, its not an overly complex concept at the macro level... things compete for space and materials, the ones that are best at doing their thing (because of slight variances in their bodies, just like I'm better at basketball than you because I'm 6'4), over generation and generation and generation,  start to steer the species in that direction.  And if a part of the species isolates their gene pool from another part for long enough, because a river cut through the population, or a group decided to go look for food somewhere else, and if they stay away for long enough (thousands of years), they may change so much to fit their new environment, that they may become unrecognizable to the first group - who, most likely has changed in some way from their original point also (because this is thousands of years later, and there's a good change something in their genes became more specialized, depending on the mixing of the population and the dynamics of the specific environment)

that is simply how things happen.  genes and dna allow for this
« : August 24, 2014, 01:09:40 PM beardmcdoug »

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #396 : August 25, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »

no? end of discussion onetruth? ok

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
« #397 : August 26, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »

Don't worry.  He will respond with some 2 hour long youtube video eventually.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #398 : August 26, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »

Page: 1 ... 25 26 27
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolution is not science - it is nothing less than false religion « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools