Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount (Punctuality, Release, and Trade Rumors) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #15 : July 22, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »

Penn was fat, Blount was lazy and Freeman was stupid. Sums up the 2011 team.

...and Cheeseburger was all of the above.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Shadow

Starter

« #16 : July 22, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »

The Bucs didn't draft Doug Martin for no reason. If they just wanted a complementary back there were plenty available in FA. The writing is on the wall in my opinion.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #17 : July 22, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »

The Bucs didn't draft Doug Martin for no reason. If they just wanted a complementary back there were plenty available in FA. The writing is on the wall in my opinion.

2 back League, short shelf is in order for Blounts running style.The Bucs drafted Doug to complement the beast they already have and to take over in case of injury. Can't have enough good running backs.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : July 22, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »

Good post PassThe PigSkin

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #19 : July 22, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »

Funny that he'd be chronically late and sleep in meetings yet throw a fit when the question was asked about an RB being drafted in the first couple rounds...not exactly the type of attitude I'd want from a guy going into a season where he could potentially earn himself a big contract.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #20 : July 22, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

With this information going public, does it create an even bigger opportunity for Muscle Hamster to seize the role?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : July 22, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »

Not if the clean slate mantra is legitimate

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #22 : July 22, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »

I expect Schiano to stick to his guns but I'm just curious how much the court of public opinion will affect who ultimately starts....just a thought...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #23 : July 22, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »

That could be interesting - but with Schiano's statement about keeping team issues within the team... I don't see much coming out.  Seems he would like to be compared to Belichick to me.  We will have to wait and see..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #24 : July 22, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »

im just glad there is finally a link when asked about blounts maturity issues.  lets hope he has truly buckled down, because he certainly has all the tools.  all he needs is the attitude.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #25 : July 22, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »

LeGarrette Blount’s work ethic a major problem in Tampa Bay

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 22, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT

As new Bucs coach Greg Schiano attempts to instill a more disciplined approach in Tampa Bay, one name keeps surfacing as an example of a player who might not fit that approach: Running back LeGarrette Blount.

Schiano wants players who are driven and motivated to do all the required work and then some, but Blount didn’t give anything close to that effort for the last coaching staff. In fact, Blount’s lack of commitment was startling to coaches from the day he arrived in Tampa Bay in 2010, according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

Stroud writes that Blount was fined more than $15,000 for repeatedly showing up late to practice. His tardiness became so common that eventually the team arranged for him to hire a car service with a driver who would wake him up in the morning and bring him to the team’s practice facilities. After that worked for a few weeks the Bucs figured Blount could cancel the car service because he had figured out what time he needed to get up and get going to get to practice on time. And then Blount was late again on the very first day the car service was canceled. And so they re-ordered it for Blount, and a car and driver kept taking him to practice in 2010 and in 2011. And even when he sleeps in, Blount still apparently needs more sleep, because he also has a history of falling asleep in team meetings.

Does anyone think that’s the kind of thing Schiano is going to tolerate?

When the Bucs traded back into the first round of this year’s draft to take running back Doug Martin, that was a strong sign that Schiano didn’t think he could count on Blount as his starting running back. Schiano says there is no favorite in the running back competition, but if Blount can’t get himself out of bed early enough to get to work on time — and if he can’t stay awake while he’s at work — then it’s safe to say Blount isn’t going to last with Schiano.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/22/legarrette-blounts-work-ethic-a-major-problem-in-tampa-bay/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #26 : July 22, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1296538.0.html

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : July 22, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »

Yeah. That news about Blount sucks. Hope the kid grows the **CENSORED** up real fast, cause we don't need guys like that on the roster. Schiano isn't going to deal with it either. Sucks this came out publicly though, because if he doesn't change and can't cut it with Schiano....this hurts his trade value.

Good luck with his growing up. He was that way for the first 2 years here.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #28 : July 22, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

People do grow up.

Let's just hope Blount has begun to do so.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bashear

Hall of Famer

« #29 : July 22, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »

Funny that he'd be chronically late and sleep in meetings yet throw a fit when the question was asked about an RB being drafted in the first couple rounds...not exactly the type of attitude I'd want from a guy going into a season where he could potentially earn himself a big contract.
No kidding. Bucs' brass must have been rolling their eyes at his comments.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount (Punctuality, Release, and Trade Rumors) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools