Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst case scenario... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 22, 2012, 07:00:40 PM

My fears about freeman are not so black and white.  More of a gray.  What if he is just good enough that we don't see bring in a replacement as a crucial need but spend the next 5 years wallowing in mediocrcy? If he can't lead this team to contention level then what is the point?   there is only one objective for a NFL team.

Then we become the 49ers and Alex SMith... could be worse right ?  ;)

I am  still holding out hope he turns out to be MUCH better than that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 22, 2012, 07:01:32 PM

Or the Saints with Aaron Brooks.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 22, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

I don't think so. I think realistically we can expect Freeman to become a Ben Rothlisberger , minus the rapes.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Cowboy

Rookie

#33 : July 22, 2012, 07:18:20 PM

I don't think Freeman is like Big Ben anymore now that he's lost all that weight.    I look for his style of play to change some with that weight loss.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 22, 2012, 07:38:33 PM

what a tease he was!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 22, 2012, 07:41:19 PM

what a tease he was!!!
for years... lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 23, 2012, 12:12:41 AM

Free has the potential to be a lot better than those scrubs.  Will he realize it?   Hope so.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#37 : July 23, 2012, 12:32:58 PM

As the season get closer the more I realize what a HUGE years this is for JF. IF we start off slow it's going to be boiler room in those press conferences.

The real question will be how he deals with pressure. Will he rise up and become a super star? or will he crumble under the pressure and lights like so many forgotten QB's.

Truth is the Former is a more likely scenario, In a few short months will know for sure.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 23, 2012, 01:29:05 PM

As the season get closer the more I realize what a HUGE years this is for JF. IF we start off slow it's going to be boiler room in those press conferences.

The real question will be how he deals with pressure. Will he rise up and become a super star? or will he crumble under the pressure and lights like so many forgotten QB's.

Truth is the Former is a more likely scenario, In a few short months will know for sure.

+1

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 23, 2012, 01:50:41 PM

FWIW....

I ALWAYS view things from a "worst case scenario".  Parents taught me to think that way...

That said, unless Freeman comes out and looks absolutely hapless and helpless - which I find it hard to even fathom, I'm pretty high on ANY QB that can lead us to a 10-win season.

Doubt Free falls flat on his face...  Just can't see that happening.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 23, 2012, 02:00:22 PM

Agreed FTW, I have a hard time seeing us falling flat on our faces. As some have suggested, a lot of what happens hinges on the success of the quarterback.

However, If we go 2-14 or some ridiculous amount of losses, I would be in favor of drafting a new face.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 23, 2012, 02:33:32 PM

Agreed FTW, I have a hard time seeing us falling flat on our faces. As some have suggested, a lot of what happens hinges on the success of the quarterback.

However, If we go 2-14 or some ridiculous amount of losses, I would be in favor of drafting a new face.

I don't know 3SK...  It's one thing to go 2-14, and then it's another thing to go 2-14 because of your QBs play.

I have to look at the last 10 losses of last season.  Did we lose those 10 games "because of Freeman...?"  I think NO.

I mean, what if Freeman comes out & actually looks pretty good, but the defense allows 30+ PPG.

Do we can Freeman under those circumstances...?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 23, 2012, 02:41:38 PM

Quote from: BucsFTW
Do we can Freeman under those circumstances...?

Can him under those set of circumstances? No.
Bring in competition in hopes to lift team's spirits to the tune of a free agent or mid round choice? Sure.

Or...

We could go All-American with our Quarterback position. Can Freeman. Outsource the position. Have a huge Christmas. File bankruptcy later.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 23, 2012, 02:44:40 PM

*re-calibrate thread*

In this scenario....Freeman plays just as bad as he did in 2011. Meaning all the forced throws, dumb decisions, fumbles, arrant throws, redzone picks...

Even with all the new toys and competent coaching(or so we think)....he still doesn't get it done.

.....and....go.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : July 23, 2012, 02:48:45 PM

Tebow! Lmao. That would be boardpocalypse part two.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst case scenario... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools