Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst case scenario... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 24, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

*re-calibrate thread*.....#2

In this scenario....Freeman plays just as bad as he did in 2011. Meaning all the forced throws, dumb decisions, fumbles, arrant throws, redzone picks...

Even with all the new toys and competent coaching(or so we think)....he still doesn't get it done.

.....and....go.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 24, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

Hate...  I truly believe "Freeman looking unimpressive" was more a product of the system, or more pointedly - the lack thereof.

The system had nothing to do with his overthrows, floaters, and locking on to Winslow.

You're saying that if Freeman looks lackluster, the TEAM would be better served "blowing this Mutha up" (again), and starting the search all over again...?!?!?

New GM = (another) New head Coach
New Head Coach = Cleaning House
Cleaning house = drafting and developing his own "franchise QB"

What would we be blowing up? Another lackluster season means what we have is a mess. And I disagree that new GM means new HC.... especially if Butch takes the reigns.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 24, 2012, 04:43:52 PM

I personally think our biggest problem last year was losing Graham on offense and Grimm and McCoy on defense. Then with Raheem and Olsen predictable play calling we had nothing to show for. This year IF everybody stays healthy and our coaching does its job then we should be at least an average team with a few more wholes to fill. That's my worst case. Anything worse is due to injury or total implosion as Schiano just wasn't the right choice. But well see.
: July 24, 2012, 04:48:49 PM BucBalla85

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 24, 2012, 06:01:01 PM

Hate...  I truly believe "Freeman looking unimpressive" was more a product of the system, or more pointedly - the lack thereof.

The system had nothing to do with his overthrows, floaters, and locking on to Winslow.

You're saying that if Freeman looks lackluster, the TEAM would be better served "blowing this Mutha up" (again), and starting the search all over again...?!?!?

New GM = (another) New head Coach
New Head Coach = Cleaning House
Cleaning house = drafting and developing his own "franchise QB"

What would we be blowing up? Another lackluster season means what we have is a mess. And I disagree that new GM means new HC.... especially if Butch takes the reigns.

Ya..... I find it kinda interesting he is lurking in the shadows.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 24, 2012, 06:10:09 PM

I personally think our biggest problem last year was losing Graham on offense and Grimm and McCoy on defense. Then with Raheem and Olsen predictable play calling we had nothing to show for. This year IF everybody stays healthy and our coaching does its job then we should be at least an average team with a few more wholes to fill. That's my worst case. Anything worse is due to injury or total implosion as Schiano just wasn't the right choice. But well see.

I dunno, man. I personally believe that even if all three of those guys played 16 games...we still would have been sitting there in April with a top 10 pick. Not only were we a victim of having incompetent coaching...the talent was inferior in comparison to the competition. Not every postion needs to be occupied by all-pro's or "pro-bowlers"...but we need at least all 22 offensive and defensive guys to be solid players and need a few solid guys to fill in on a rotational basis. We definitely didn't have that last year. Sean Jones, Geno Hayes, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Haynesworth, Roy Miller, EJ Biggers, Jeff Faine, Kregg Lumpkin, Jeremy Trueblood all are players who had significant playing time and played below average to awful for most of the time they were on the field. It's seems as though we will only have 1 or 2 of these guys "contributing" this year and hopefully the coaching gets them up to at least an average playing level. There is a ton of potential on this team and there are 5-7 guys who have shown the ability to play at a high level. This is where Josh comes into the equation. He has plenty of offensive weapons now. The line in front of him should be a bit more stable than it was last year. The defense should be slightly better than it was last year...maybe the scheme change and all the new faces pan out and it is a unit that can play at an average level. In 2012, there will be less pressure on Freeman to "do it all" so to speak. There are talented guys on this team that should help to keep this team competitive. Freeman has to at least come out and show the capability to keep this team competitive for 4 quarters and not make dumb errors that cost football games. If he does that, this team will have not problem getting to .500.  If Freeman plays at a little better than 2010 Freeman, this could be a playoff team that makes it to the divisional round and surprises some people. He definitely now has the tools to play 4 quarters worth of solid football...which is something Freeman has never been able to consistently do. As "Hate" has stated.."the table is set".
: July 24, 2012, 07:39:33 PM chace1986

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 24, 2012, 07:26:31 PM

I'm making dinner tonight, but I'll get back to this in a couple hours....  Helluva post chace...!

Kudos sir.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 24, 2012, 07:38:41 PM

I'm making dinner tonight, but I'll get back to this in a couple hours.

Thanks for letting us know you will return.  The entire board will be waiting with bated breath.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 24, 2012, 11:48:58 PM

Thanks for letting us know you will return.  The entire board will be waiting with bated breath.

LOL

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 25, 2012, 01:29:12 AM

Cheese & rice Buggs...  You, I, and the "entire board" knows I was referring to one poster, and only one poster.

And it wasn't you, you Vulcan clock sucker...

Ya know Buggs.....  You've got damned near 27K posts.  Aren't you suppose to be "the old guard"?

Setting an example for how us newer members should carry themselves...?  Just askin'...

FWIW Buggs...  You could F'up a wet dream.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 25, 2012, 01:34:37 AM

I dunno, man. I personally believe that even if all three of those guys played 16 games...we still would have been sitting there in April with a top 10 pick. Not only were we a victim of having incompetent coaching...the talent was inferior in comparison to the competition. Not every postion needs to be occupied by all-pro's or "pro-bowlers"...but we need at least all 22 offensive and defensive guys to be solid players and need a few solid guys to fill in on a rotational basis. We definitely didn't have that last year. Sean Jones, Geno Hayes, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Haynesworth, Roy Miller, EJ Biggers, Jeff Faine, Kregg Lumpkin, Jeremy Trueblood all are players who had significant playing time and played below average to awful for most of the time they were on the field. It's seems as though we will only have 1 or 2 of these guys "contributing" this year and hopefully the coaching gets them up to at least an average playing level. There is a ton of potential on this team and there are 5-7 guys who have shown the ability to play at a high level. This is where Josh comes into the equation. He has plenty of offensive weapons now. The line in front of him should be a bit more stable than it was last year. The defense should be slightly better than it was last year...maybe the scheme change and all the new faces pan out and it is a unit that can play at an average level. In 2012, there will be less pressure on Freeman to "do it all" so to speak. There are talented guys on this team that should help to keep this team competitive. Freeman has to at least come out and show the capability to keep this team competitive for 4 quarters and not make dumb errors that cost football games. If he does that, this team will have not problem getting to .500.  If Freeman plays at a little better than 2010 Freeman, this could be a playoff team that makes it to the divisional round and surprises some people. He definitely now has the tools to play 4 quarters worth of solid football...which is something Freeman has never been able to consistently do. As "Hate" has stated.."the table is set".

Sorry chace....  Can't rationally, intelligently discuss football here.  The "vets" discourage it.  So....

You're a big stupid head, and your posts and threads are worth goat poop.

You suck so much that I'm going to wait outside your house in the morning wearing a t-back and I'll be smearing green Jell-O all over my nether regions.

Sleep well.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 25, 2012, 01:57:31 AM

LOL
LMAO!!!

Biggs delivers.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 25, 2012, 01:59:19 AM

Cheese & rice Buggs...  You, I, and the "entire board" knows I was referring to one poster, and only one poster.

And it wasn't you, you Vulcan clock sucker...

Ya know Buggs.....  You've got damned near 27K posts.  Aren't you suppose to be "the old guard"?

Setting an example for how us newer members should carry themselves...?  Just askin'...

FWIW Buggs...  You could F'up a wet dream.
Lighten up. It was funny, stop taking everything so personal.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 25, 2012, 09:14:04 AM

*re-calibrate thread*.....#3

In this scenario....Freeman plays just as bad as he did in 2011. Meaning all the forced throws, dumb decisions, fumbles, arrant throws, redzone picks...

Even with all the new toys and competent coaching(or so we think)....he still doesn't get it done.

.....and....go.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#73 : July 25, 2012, 09:19:09 AM

How do you expect to recalibrate a dead thread? Let it go. Some possible humor is its only use now.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 25, 2012, 09:21:23 AM

Biggest problem on offense in 2011:  LGB

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst case scenario... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools