Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "You didn't build that" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#210 : August 27, 2012, 08:54:30 AM

Answer one question...Can you if you start in an office Ten Trillion Dollars in a hole with the former President not doing anything but put TARP out there for the next sitting President to fix the mess ...How long do you think it should've taken?...We can talk this out in a pm because I do respect your opinion and voice...Thanks also for not being in the negative...OBD

So it took the entire existence of our country to get it to 10 trillion , and Obama already has it at 16 trillion.

...and the economy still sucks...

What's your question again ?

Actually it took from 1981 to 2008 to get to 10 trillion, and if you think that the national debt would be less than 16 trillion had Bush been elected to a 3rd term, or John McCain had won in 2008, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Wrong , it took our entire existence as a country to get to 10 trillion...that's a fact. You are trying to make it sound better for Obama , I understand.

I actually agree that Bush or McCain wouldn't have really changed much.( I'm a registered Libertarian , so if you were expecting me to apologize for those two , nice fail ).  I'm not sure how you are using that argument to justify Obama , however, lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#211 : August 27, 2012, 06:11:37 PM

I don't think McCain has the diligence and beliefs necessary to have spent as much as Obama.  As for Bush - he did his damage and faced his own tests.  Wish he had done better. 

McCain would have been better for the US economy as well as foreign affairs.  He background would have helped decision making, and his ability to reach across to others would have brought the result to a more centrist and affordable position.  Yes, McCain would have been better. 

And unfortunately, by comparison, Bush was better than Barry. I didn't care for his spending or handling of the economy nor the war against terror on all fronts very much at all.  It is like being better than Carter - not that much of an achievement.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "You didn't build that" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools