Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VIP Camp outing w/brunch at OBP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 46

frankbuc

Second String
#15 : July 26, 2012, 04:30:55 PM

see you guys sunday, driving over from the east side early

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 29, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

Wow...

Why folks don't get up from behind their ketboards, and GTG with other PR members is betond me, but anyway....

Started off with a freshly made omlette with bacon, cheese, onions, green peppers, and more bacon.  4 strips of bacon on the side, and a bunch of fresh fruit, great fresh OJ.

Shot a pant-load of pics/vids...  Watched a ton of practice...  Rubbed, uhhhhh... elbows with cheerleaders.....  My arms are still stiff...!  ;)

Saw Bryan early this morning.  Game over, spoke with us for a couple of minutes...  Good guy.

Had a turkey & swiss on a ciabatta roll, while Bryan Glazer and I lunched under the coolness of the tent.  Really a sharp guy and we talked for a good 20 minutes.  Mark Domink stopped by and said hi to the whole group a little earlier as well.  Marinebuc "gave in" to Dominik, but you'll have to dig that of him yourself...!

Overall...  Incredible experience...!  Those "damned cheap Glazers", as Bryan was telling me, went out and replaced a "large majority" of their PR department, by going out and bringing in an "outside firm to partner with, and they're doing a hell of a job".  I told him "I couldn't agree more, and you could see the difference in the effort everyone was putting in to make the day perfect.  Alll the little things are on point."  He acknowledged by asking, in all honesty, "Is it really 'noticeable'...?  I mean, our people have actually been instructed, from the 'front office', to do their jobs with passion or they will be replaced with someone who will..."

I chuckled a bit, thinking I should probably bite my tongue, but that's just not my style.  I said "Front office...?  Are you the 'front office'...?"  Bryan said "You'd be surprised how little we are really involved in the intracacies of running a team.  We're firm believers in hiring qualified people to run the football operations..."  Bryan gave me a comfortable smile...  Like that was the way it should be.

Bucko...  You 'Da Man Sir...!

I can't begin to thank you enough.sir....!

Meeting you, your "furture", Marinebuc, and frankbuc was a pleasure.  Great group of guys.

What fantastic SWAG too...  Ended up doing the whole autograph thing with my football afterwards, and got at least 20+ Bucs autographs.  Got my picture taken with half a dozen of my fav players too...!  Much stuff for the Bucs man-cave...

Get with me sometime this week & let me know...!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 29, 2012, 07:46:22 PM

Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing FTW.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 29, 2012, 07:51:02 PM

Why folks don't get up from behind their ketboards, and GTG with other PR members is betond me, but anyway....

Personally speaking, i've made some pretty close friends here and love putting faces with screen names but the truth of the matter is that while some don't care to meet peeps from the board, most don't have the nads to own the nonsense they post here.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 29, 2012, 08:09:23 PM

Personally speaking, i've made some pretty close friends here and love putting faces with screen names but the truth of the matter is that while some don't care to meet peeps from the board, most don't have the nads to own the nonsense they post here.

That's why I asked Morg, why he didn't at least want to tell us he planned on going...  It's not like Bucko didn't "open invite" anyone interested.

The only thing one can safely surmise is that Morg would prefer to not meet other message board members, right...?  At least not us...lol

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 29, 2012, 08:21:26 PM

do u find that surprising?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 29, 2012, 08:45:42 PM

So you watched practice FTW? How was that? What did YOU see? :) Was Freeman on point?

Cause Free, there's a point, yknow, and he needs to be on it! ;D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : July 29, 2012, 09:04:48 PM

MarineBuc

Starter

#23 : July 30, 2012, 06:53:02 AM

I have gotta start off by giving mad props to BUCKO for the invite!!!!

First class all the way with a Sunday Morning Brunch. You order your omellete and they tell you, "No need to wait, we will bring it too you" Great chow, lots of swag, and rubbing elbows with Bryan Glazer and Mark Domnik were actually the highlights. I am not a Domnik fan by any stretch of the imagination, but if you talk to him for 5 minutes...you can't help but think, he is a pretty nice guy. He signed the mini helmet the Bucs supplied, I told him he needed to call Anthony Becht (jokingly),  I thanked him for bringing in some great players, and he slapped me on the back and said..."It's all for the fans...you guys are why we do this"

Had a blast talking about our Bucs with Bucko and FTW....the "future" was a helluva nice guy...congrats Bucko. Frank...good to meet you too, I wish we had spent some time shooting the breeze.

It has hot as hell...but, Vincent Jackson is everything as advertised and MORE!! He is going to be a beast. I was surprised at how big Mark Barron looks...WOW, he is going to lay the lumber.

Madu looked good, Blount looked good, but Martin is REALLY Quick. Freeman looked all right...he a really nice play where they rolled him out to the right and VJ drug across the middle...Free hit him in stride and it was a thing of beauty!

The last thing: Training Camp is WORK now...those guys are working on every inch of all of the fields in small teams. They hustle when moving around when the horn is sounded...until the last 30 minutes...then you can see how tired they are getting. Schiano runs a tight ship. The coaches are always talkiing and teaching. If you go to training camp...watch P.J. Fleck with the wideouts!!! Fleck is a ball of fire and brimstone.

Thank you again BuckO...hopefully we will get together again soon!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : July 30, 2012, 07:09:41 AM

Agree on Fleck...I was sitting right where the WRs were practicing and I couldn't believe the energy that he has....non-stop coaching.

Re: V-Jax. He's all business. Hope he can stay healthy all season long, otherwise our season is back to being 2011-crap (after Earnest Graham went down).

As for Dominik, it was good to see him doing less of the peon stuff that I noticed him doing in 2009-2010 camps where he was actually directing fans in the bleachers. Nice for him to be concerned about that stuff, but as the GM, you're wondering what he was doing something a young college kid could be doing.  Yesterday, there were college kids out there handing out h20 and directing traffic in the stands.

frankbuc

Second String
#25 : July 30, 2012, 09:13:59 AM

if I wasnt such a trouble maker and walked in the wrong way to start everything off, I would have know where you guys were from the begining, (setting right next to me) great to meet you guys for sure, and it was and absolute amazing time thank you so much BUCKO!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 30, 2012, 12:31:27 PM

Wow...

Started off with a freshly made omlette with bacon, cheese, onions, green peppers, and more bacon.  4 strips of bacon on the side, and a bunch of fresh fruit, great fresh OJ.

Shot a pant-load of pics/vids...  Watched a ton of practice...  Rubbed, uhhhhh... elbows with cheerleaders.....  My arms are still stiff...!  ;)

Saw Bryan early this morning.  Game over, spoke with us for a couple of minutes...  Good guy.

Had a turkey & swiss on a ciabatta roll, while Bryan Glazer and I lunched under the coolness of the tent.  Really a sharp guy and we talked for a good 20 minutes.  Mark Domink stopped by and said hi to the whole group a little earlier as well.  Marinebuc "gave in" to Dominik, but you'll have to dig that of him yourself...!

Overall...  Incredible experience...!  Those "damned cheap Glazers", as Bryan was telling me, went out and replaced a "large majority" of their PR department, by going out and bringing in an "outside firm to partner with, and they're doing a hell of a job".  I told him "I couldn't agree more, and you could see the difference in the effort everyone was putting in to make the day perfect.  Alll the little things are on point."  He acknowledged by asking, in all honesty, "Is it really 'noticeable'...?  I mean, our people have actually been instructed, from the 'front office', to do their jobs with passion or they will be replaced with someone who will..."

I chuckled a bit, thinking I should probably bite my tongue, but that's just not my style.  I said "Front office...?  Are you the 'front office'...?"  Bryan said "You'd be surprised how little we are really involved in the intracacies of running a team.  We're firm believers in hiring qualified people to run the football operations..."  Bryan gave me a comfortable smile...  Like that was the way it should be.

Bucko...  You 'Da Man Sir...!

I can't begin to thank you enough.sir....!

Meeting you, your "furture", Marinebuc, and frankbuc was a pleasure.  Great group of guys.

What fantastic SWAG too...  Ended up doing the whole autograph thing with my football afterwards, and got at least 20+ Bucs autographs.  Got my picture taken with half a dozen of my fav players too...!  Much stuff for the Bucs man-cave...

Get with me sometime this week & let me know...!

Great Pic of the Cheerleaders signing my Calender. Awesome. The live version of the Cheeleaders was far better than their intro at Bucs.com a few months back. Great squad again Cathy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 30, 2012, 12:36:17 PM

You guys are more than welcome. I work so dang much it's hard to get out with friends much. Let's hope Sat comes through now. fingers crossed.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 30, 2012, 05:13:04 PM

Did you tell him why you don't buy season tickets/go to games?

I hope it's because he doesn't have the money.  This dude ran a scam on the old Bucs board selling these ghetto shirts he made.  Well....he didn't really sell them as much as he just took people's money and never gave them the shirts.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#29 : July 30, 2012, 05:20:45 PM

Yes, it really happened.  That guy is seriously the biggest pathological liar I've ever come across.....on the whole interwebs.  His name was OTown_Bucs4Life or something like that.  I'm sure there are folks here that were on the old board and remember the whole fiasco.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 46
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VIP Camp outing w/brunch at OBP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools