Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we see what the Jags want for MJD? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: July 26, 2012, 10:06:34 AM

Mojo could be a game changing back for us. Jags won't pay him and may have to trade him or face a long hold out or him leaving this offseason. We have a pretty decent back we could offer in Blout.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 26, 2012, 10:12:19 AM

You always have to see what they want in my opinion. I think a good GM would be aware of all possible options.

ingey1968

Starter

#2 : July 26, 2012, 12:10:28 PM

Honestly, Do you really think they would be interested in Blount. they read everything we do plus i would be willing to bet they know other things also that the average fan wouldn't.

Even if they did shop him, i would think they would want a ton.
: July 26, 2012, 12:20:15 PM ingey1968

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 26, 2012, 12:51:12 PM

Blount is very cheap for two more years.  Could make sense for them.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 26, 2012, 12:53:57 PM

Honestly, Do you really think they would be interested in Blount. they read everything we do plus i would be willing to bet they know other things also that the average fan wouldn't.

Even if they did shop him, i would think they would want a ton.
Yes, I'm sure they would want Blount. He is cheaper, Mularkey had Turner in ATL who is a bigger back like Blount. Plus we have numerous WRs we could deal to them to shore up another need for them.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 26, 2012, 12:58:48 PM

Blount and Benn for MJD...sign me up. 

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#6 : July 26, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

Mojo could be a game changing back for us. Jags won't pay him and may have to trade him or face a long hold out or him leaving this offseason. We have a pretty decent back we could offer in Blout.

Temping but no.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 26, 2012, 01:46:15 PM

Let's see, trade our half proven with loads of potential back in Blount for an aging MJD even though we just spent a first rd pick on his clone......you can ask, but just because there is no harm in asking. MJD, while still very productive will be 28 this year. For RB youth is paramount, I'd rather have Blount & Martin for the next 7 years then MJD and Martin for the next 2.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 26, 2012, 01:54:18 PM

Do you really think we are going to offer Blount a 2nd contract when he will be entering his 5th year in the league.  Doubt he is with this team beyond 2013.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 26, 2012, 02:17:42 PM

Good lord, no.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 26, 2012, 04:27:33 PM

Let's see, trade our half proven with loads of potential back in Blount for an aging MJD even though we just spent a first rd pick on his clone......you can ask, but just because there is no harm in asking. MJD, while still very productive will be 28 this year. For RB youth is paramount, I'd rather have Blount & Martin for the next 7 years then MJD and Martin for the next 2.

MJD turned 27 in March.
Blount turns 26 in December.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 26, 2012, 04:43:46 PM

MJD turned 27 in March.
MJD: 1,762 NFL touches
Blount: 405 NFL touches

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 26, 2012, 09:45:37 PM

Pfftt.. I didn't think anyone would have to ask that question..

(nearly spit my coffee out)

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#13 : July 26, 2012, 11:00:27 PM

MJD turned 27 in March.

Are you trying to some how dispell the fact that one has their best years behind them and the other has their best years ahead if them?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 26, 2012, 11:06:36 PM

I would give up Blount for MJD without blinking, and I would smile signing the final paperwork.

And I LOVE Blount.

But C'mon now peeps, MJD is a bowling ball.  Put him behind Nicks and Joseph, and he would light it up.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we see what the Jags want for MJD? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools