Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye aces his conditioning test today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 26, 2012, 07:21:55 PM

RT @caplannfl......... #Buccaneers must feel good about Amobi Okoye's knee issue by trading Brian Price. He aced his conditioning test today.

tweeted by Adam Caplan

one minute ago

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 26, 2012, 07:23:00 PM

who cares? can he ball??

This isn't **CENSORED**ing Cross Country practice.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#2 : July 26, 2012, 07:25:44 PM

Thank god!!!Don't feel so bad about cheeseburger getting kicked to the curb now.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 26, 2012, 07:33:26 PM

How do pro athletes fail a conditioning test?  Unless of course they are injured.  It would be interesting to see who falied?

Price?
Dez?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 26, 2012, 08:17:50 PM

How do pro athletes fail a conditioning test?  Unless of course they are injured.  It would be interesting to see who falied?

Our brand spanking new $47.5 million guard failed it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 26, 2012, 08:19:56 PM

Nicks?    Link?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 26, 2012, 08:23:09 PM

. I was worried about his weight. 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 26, 2012, 08:30:11 PM

Nicks?    Link?

No, just Nicks. I don't believe the black guy from the Mod Squad was trying out for the team this season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 26, 2012, 08:30:12 PM

From what I have read it is 8 .....110 yard dashes with a few minutes break in between.     Doesn't seem fair to a lineman, when that would be a breeze for the WR's or DB's.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 26, 2012, 08:33:30 PM

From what I have read it is 8 .....110 yard dashes with a few minutes break in between.     Doesn't seem fair to a lineman, when that would be a breeze for the WR's or DB's.

Actually, if you listened to Schiano's press conference, today, I believe he said it was 16 110's with 45 second breaks in between. There are 3 different groups (finishing time-wise) depending on the players body build.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 26, 2012, 08:36:11 PM

Look at this guy's physique compared to Cheeseburger:

Of course he aced it

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 26, 2012, 08:36:29 PM

Actually, if you listened to Schiano's press conference, today, I believe he said it was 16 110's with 45 second breaks in between. There are 3 different groups (finishing time-wise) depending on the players body build.

Ok thanks, makes sense.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 26, 2012, 08:39:15 PM

Ok thanks, makes sense.

Actually, 16 110's equals a mile, so the players are basically doing a timed mile run.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 26, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

I'm excited to see what he does on our D line this season honestly. Still amazing how many years the kid has in the league given how young he is.

Signed

Starter

#14 : July 26, 2012, 08:44:16 PM

Actually, 16 110's equals a mile, so the players are basically doing a timed mile run.

According to Davin Joseph, the 16 reps were to mock a 16 play drive in any time of the season.

Beginning of video:
http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Davin-Joseph-Press-Conference-0726/c7419e71-76b0-4b0e-8955-7646eed7f243

You're technically correct (best kind of correct), but thought it was interesting that the number wasn't based only on being a mile sprint.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye aces his conditioning test today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools