Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

: July 27, 2012, 02:51:27 AM

Bucs defensive tackle Brian Price reported to training camp Thursday in good physical shape and confident his emotional scars also had begun to heal.

Price had a tumultuous off-season. In addition to still feeling the effects of pelvic surgery in 2011, he lost a third sibling when his sister, Bridgett James, died in a hit-and-run automobile accident in May.

The Bucs former second-round pick from UCLA weighed in at 303 pounds Thursday, nearly 30 pounds lighter than he arrived at One Buc Place a year earlier. All that was left to do was complete the mandatory conditioning test administered by coach Greg Schiano, which consisted of 16, 110-yard sprints with a 45 second rest period between intervals, and he could begin to breathe a little easier.

But after finishing only four sprints, Price heard and felt a sickening pop, which was extremely painful. Trainers rushed to his side and later determined that Price most likely tore some scar tissue and would be good to go in a few days.

Apparently, Schiano had seen enough.

Several hours later, Price was traded to the Chicago Bears for a conditional draft pick, believed to be a seventh-rounder. The deal is contingent on Price passing a physical.

After hearing the news, Price was quiet and thought about the best way to explain the situation to his sister's two boys, whom he plans to adopt and had just arrived from Los Angeles. As the day wore on, he began to warm up to the idea of playing for Bears head coach Lovie Smith and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.

If nothing else, Schiano has demonstrated little patience for players who don't 'buy in,' to his system, having already released safety Tanard Jackson and traded both tight end Kellen Winslow and Price.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/price-failed-conditioning-run-then-was-traded

So a guy bust his azz off during offseason as promised, weighed in 30lbs less than he did in '11, stops running after hearing a pop and feels pain yet he gets traded? I have lost all respect for Schiano now.
: July 27, 2012, 03:03:12 AM SWAGGANEER

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : July 27, 2012, 03:03:10 AM

So a guy bust his azz off during offseason as promised, weighed in 30lbs less than he did in '11, stops running after hear hears a pop and feels pain yet he gets traded? I have lost respect for Schiano now.

Don't forget that the guy's sister had recently been killed so he had mental anguish.    Price would have been fine.    But when a guy beats the hell out of Schiano's #1 draft pick, I guess he wants revenge.

LABuc

Starter
#2 : July 27, 2012, 03:17:37 AM

I still don't see where he failed to "buy in" to Schiano's system. Guy left EVERYTHING on the field every game he played even when he was in horrible pain. He is the only player I could say that about last season. Plus he's 30 pounds lighter so he's already in better shape than last year.... There has to be something we're not being told, otherwise this trade was incredibly premature and a BS excuse to get Okoye on the field.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 27, 2012, 03:30:12 AM

Trust- Can't anymore.
Belief- Believe in what? We can't even TRUST you anymore.
Accountability - Go Buc yourself Schiano!
: July 27, 2012, 03:40:35 AM SWAGGANEER

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 27, 2012, 03:59:12 AM

We all grieve. We all have tragedy in our lives but for crap's sake it's been over two-and-a-half months since his sister's death and the guy is getting paid millions of dollars. Most employers would give you a couple of days to grieve  a sibling's death then they would expect you to be back to work performing your job. If you don't you will probably get fired. The guy also knew for months about this conditioning test. He's had nothing to do but prepare for it. He failed. The NFL moves on, sorry. I wish the best for the guy but he needs to get a grip. I also don't think that the Bucs appreciated some of the gansta tweets the guy puts out either. Here's an example of one of his tweets...

JOHNNY HOPKINS ‏@BUCWILD92

I'll blow a nig*ga head off his shoulders ...

11:41 AM - 16 Apr 12 via Tweetlogix

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 27, 2012, 04:14:26 AM

Wow.  Isn't that how one of his brothers got killed,?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 27, 2012, 04:45:25 AM

That's not a tweet from Bucwild92, that's a tweet to bucwild92.    It's not his fault if idiots are following him.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 27, 2012, 04:45:25 AM

He came back to work. He was in shape. He heard a pop and was told he would be good to go in a couple of days.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 27, 2012, 05:06:00 AM

That's not a tweet from Bucwild92, that's a tweet to bucwild92.    It's not his fault if idiots are following him.

Johnny Hopkins IS Brian Price.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 27, 2012, 06:16:23 AM

So a guy bust his azz off during offseason as promised, weighed in 30lbs less than he did in '11, stops running after hearing a pop and feels pain yet he gets traded? I have lost all respect for Schiano now.

Boo f-ing hoo. Welcome the NFL. You must be a new fan to the game. There are no favorites. Everyone pulls their weight. It's Schiano's Way or the Highway. Love it. Reminds me of McKay's Days when he'd cut people at a drop of the hat.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 27, 2012, 06:59:43 AM

You guys ever think that Schiano just didn't want to deal with a guy that's going to miss at least a quarter of every game?

Maybe he wanted to take his chances and try and find a guy that isn't going to get hurt every time he opens it up.

From everything we've seen, Schiano isn't a POS.... I don't think we should take this move as him doing a guy dirty for no reason.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 27, 2012, 07:09:25 AM

If you want the coach to coddle these players, you're destined to continue to have one of the worst teams in the league.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 27, 2012, 07:44:06 AM

If you want the coach to coddle these players, you're destined to continue to have one of the worst teams in the league.

Exactly . I can't believe this fat bum went down AGAIN in the conditioning test. Good Riddance. Even more unbelievable is that the Bears gave us something for him...

Swag is the same guy who is defending Dez Briscoe's dumb ass in another thread. If this is the kind of player he likes , he's going to need to find a new team to root for with Schiano around...
: July 27, 2012, 07:46:43 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 27, 2012, 07:58:47 AM

He was told what was expected of him in the offseason and didn't meet that quota. If he had kept Price THEN he would have been a liar, but you call him a liar for enforcing his own policies that you thought he wouldn't even hold true to.

If it were Gruden, he'd do the same thing.

Ask yourselves, did Joe Jurevicius come back from his tragedies acting like an ass and failing the tasks he was given?! NO.

Joe = The way you handle grief. You let it motivate you, not take you out of the game.

I love Price, but he wasn't responsible with this..
: July 27, 2012, 08:02:13 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

micronole

Starter
#14 : July 27, 2012, 08:00:35 AM

The bottom line right now is that Price's body is unable to withstand the rigors of the NFL. Assuming he passes the physical in Chicago, the cold weather up there will be even worse on his body.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools