Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : July 27, 2012, 08:00:38 AM

They actually did Price a good thing - sent him to Marinelli and Lovie Smith -where he can develope into a decent DT.

He's lucky he didn't get shipped to Seattle.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 27, 2012, 08:05:07 AM

I really hope everything works out for Price in Chicago. I think if Schiano cut him for that, Price was already on his sh@t list.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 27, 2012, 08:19:44 AM

Kudos for losing weight, but he said in multiple interviews that he was too distraught over his sister and couldn't eat or sleep. He was admitted to the hospital for  it. I don't think weighing 303lbs means he had been training hard and was in great shape. It's more likely he was just malnourished from not eating and lack of sleep. If he had in fact been training hard, he probably could have ran more than 4 sprints without something popping. Sounds like this was the first time he had ran in quite awhile.  He may have been the same weight as he was when we drafted him, but anyone who saw the pic of him arriving could clearly see he did not look the same.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : July 27, 2012, 08:20:20 AM

All aboard the excuse train for Greg.. it will be fun watching people turn on him.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 27, 2012, 08:22:07 AM

I could care less if Brian Price is gone, lets face the facts Okoye is a better player than Price anyway.  Price is a player this team couldn't count on off the field and on the field.  He was constantly hurt and has never lived up to a 2nd round hype.  Glad Schiano is getting rid of some of this garbage and hopefully DOM is the next to go.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#20 : July 27, 2012, 08:29:03 AM

While I don't think a 7th rounder really makes up for Price's potential, I still say good riddance.

I don't see Schiano as the knee-jerk reaction type.

For Price to be cut on the 1st day of training camp, I'm sure there were a plethora of issues that didn't sit right with Schiano -- probably both attitude and physical conditioning.

Price just seems to be "one of those guys". The type of person that always has an issue or problem or excuse. I'd get sick of it too.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : July 27, 2012, 08:31:12 AM

Price just seems to be "one of those guys". The type of person that always has an issue or problem or excuse. I'd get sick of it too.

Now our games will be over about 15 minutes quicker from the lack of injury time outs that Price produced when he was on the field.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#22 : July 27, 2012, 08:32:20 AM

All aboard the excuse train for Greg.. it will be fun watching people turn on him.

Why will it be fun to watch people turn on him?  Aren't you a Bucs fan?  Shouldn't you want him to succeed therefore the Bucs succeed (a team you pull for), regardless if you agree with his tactics or not? 

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 27, 2012, 08:33:13 AM

While I don't think a 7th rounder really makes up for Price's potential, I still say good riddance.

For Price to be cut on the 1st day of training camp, I'm sure there were a plethora of issues that didn't sit right with Schiano -- probably both attitude and physical conditioning.

Or that the little drill sergeant needed some people to make an example of because he knows he is in over his head.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 27, 2012, 08:39:15 AM

This ain't a charity event, it's not even, it's not fair and sometimes your going no matter what you do.

Everyone is boohooing about Price was such a hard worker, he was such a good guy, blah blah blah. So what? Let's say it's true? That doesn't matter in the NFL. Can you make this team better? If yes, you stay, if no you go. Price has been on this team for what would have been his 3rd year and I was looking forward to him playing as much as anyone. Sometimes things don't work out, the quicker you see it and accept it the better. He injured himself, yet again before camp even started!!!!!

As much as we like him I must accept that he did an amazing job not letting his hamstring cost him his career two years ago when it probably should have. He's still playing but obviously not at a level we need. So the harsh truth is, he goes.

This is the NFL, not a Church mentor group (Talib) and not pat on the back you worked hard so you can stay group. It is what it is.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#25 : July 27, 2012, 08:39:24 AM

Or that the little drill sergeant needed some people to make an example of because he knows he is in over his head.

What leads you to believe this move was caused by Schiano's lack of confidence as a head coach vs. simply cutting a constantly-injured, emotionally-disturbed DT that anchored a 32 ranked run defense?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 27, 2012, 08:42:46 AM

Why will it be fun to watch people turn on him?  Aren't you a Bucs fan?  Shouldn't you want him to succeed therefore the Bucs succeed (a team you pull for), regardless if you agree with his tactics or not?
I have been pretty clear how I feel about him. The quicker he and Dominik are fired the quicker this team will be better. Not drafting second tier safeties in the top 10.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 27, 2012, 08:45:59 AM

They gave the guy a good amount time to mourn and he promised to work out back in Cali, and he shows up flopping around after 3 sprints? Not to mention going H.A.M. over a seat, I don't blame schiano for trading him bcuz obviously if he worked out hard that scar tissue wouldn't have been a problem at this point. I wish the guy the best in life but I wouldn't be shocked if he is out of football in 2 years.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 27, 2012, 08:50:36 AM

I have been pretty clear how I feel about him. The quicker he and Dominik are fired the quicker this team will be better. Not drafting second tier safeties in the top 10.

You want him fired because he drafted Barron in the top 10? Please give us more of your wisdom   ???

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TheQ

Starter

#29 : July 27, 2012, 08:59:59 AM

@ Dino
Your are going to have to be watching Schiano coach the BUCS for a LONG TIME and you had better get used to him being here....or you are going to be in Constant Sorrow!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools