Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 27, 2012, 09:00:58 AM

Dom was just on 620 and said they were discussing this for weeks and yesterday was "The Combine" for him and so they made the decision thinking of the long term.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

shawn731

Starter

#31 : July 27, 2012, 09:05:15 AM

This ain't a charity event, it's not even, it's not fair and sometimes your going no matter what you do.

Everyone is boohooing about Price was such a hard worker, he was such a good guy, blah blah blah. So what? Let's say it's true? That doesn't matter in the NFL. Can you make this team better? If yes, you stay, if no you go. Price has been on this team for what would have been his 3rd year and I was looking forward to him playing as much as anyone. Sometimes things don't work out, the quicker you see it and accept it the better. He injured himself, yet again before camp even started!!!!!

As much as we like him I must accept that he did an amazing job not letting his hamstring cost him his career two years ago when it probably should have. He's still playing but obviously not at a level we need. So the harsh truth is, he goes.

This is the NFL, not a Church mentor group (Talib) and not pat on the back you worked hard so you can stay group. It is what it is.

I agree with what you have said but it still hard to accept.  I root for the Bucs but you can't help rooting for a few players on your favorite team.  BP wasn't my favorite but i rooted for him to see him overcome his obstacles.  Hope he can in Chicago.  Finally, Schiano better stick to his beliefs.  He better turn this around soon or we might see a few more players headed elsewhere. (IMO)

lowlife

Starter
#32 : July 27, 2012, 09:39:00 AM

I was against the trade decision until hearing of this "pop."
Who's to say this won't happen again? and again?
He has screwed on hamstrings. Scar tissue from said procedure proceeds to tear after FOUR sprints into the conditioning test the DAY BEFORE camp even begins after a year of rehab.

I can understand people being cautious and uneasy with a new coach, but turning on him over Brian Price is moronic.
It's okay, talk to mommy about the mood swings and bleeding, it's normal for your age.
: July 27, 2012, 09:41:33 AM lowlife

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 27, 2012, 10:02:00 AM

You have to wonder if Price being trade was a direct correlation to his fight with Barron and the Bucs just needed an excuse to ship him out.

My question is what happen to Price if he fails the Bears Physical? Does he revert back to the Bucs or do the Bucs have to release him? Brian Price could be a very good player but his injuries are to severe IMO for him to be effective in the NFL. It's the nature of the game.

What really scares me is that what happens to this DL if McCoy get's hurt again. Well anyway you look at it Price probably was never going to pass Schiano's PT test anyway.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 27, 2012, 10:16:51 AM

This the the NFL, and the NFL is the toughest of mistresses.
    On TV, Ronde said last night this is NOT a rebuilding effort, they want to win NOW, as in THIS YEAR. Brian Price, based on reports, was NOT likely to help them with that effort. He KNEW this test was coming, wasn't prepared on 'game day', so he's gone.
    And, BTW, Ronde DOES look bulked up from the past in his upper body. I remember him saying a while back he hadn't lifted weights like they were doing under Schiano in YEARS...

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 27, 2012, 12:42:52 PM

Price is a penetrating, UT type, but even if healthy he has never shown the potential to offer anything as far as holding up against the run even going back to his college tape. I believe that is the biggest reason he is gone.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 29, 2012, 12:00:08 AM

Bump for GameTime

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 29, 2012, 12:10:39 AM

Bump for GameTime

thanks.

article also said that price didnt "buy in".  so whats the issue with shipping out a player who isnt buying in?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 29, 2012, 12:17:15 AM

He lost weight, showed up for work and heard a pop during conditioning. Where does that show he didn't "buy in"? That's Schiano's ego jumping the gun that Price didn't buy in.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 29, 2012, 12:27:25 AM

the article stated that they didnt believe price bought in.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 29, 2012, 01:05:07 AM

The complete mismanagement of this player is thankfully over. He should not have played at all his rookie year due to his condition. Why was a top-15 draft pick still there in the second round? Same reason Bowers was. Both players have been mismanaged. Yeah, this is the NFl, and players are expected to play through certain injuries, but it seems that the Buccaneers don't really care about these investments we call players.

The reason we got these two guys for such great value is because they are damaged goods. Maybe they should treat them as such....or consider not drafting these type of players if you aren't ready to sacrifice a little production in the first few years until they become healthy again. Also consider that spending a second round pick on injured goods is idiotic. As an example, Michael Bush was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round. He would have probably been a 1st rounder if he was healthy. Even Oakland wasn't stupid enough to try to play him at all in the first two years. I guess when you are drafting like the Bucs are for starters instead of depth, this is the result of those unreasonable expectations. Most injured players at drafttime go undrafted altogether because teams don't want to pay a guy to sit around and rehab. Hopefully, Dom has cut his teeth on these experiments and learned something.

The best way to explain the drafting and subsequent treatment of Price is a complete fiasco. Thank God for him it is over. Good luck in Chicago, BP.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 29, 2012, 01:14:58 AM

The complete mismanagement of this player is thankfully over. He should not have played at all his rookie year due to his condition. Why was a top-15 draft pick still there in the second round? Same reason Bowers was. Both players have been mismanaged. Yeah, this is the NFl, and players are expected to play through certain injuries, but it seems that the Buccaneers don't really care about these investments we call players.

The reason we got these two guys for such great value is because they are damaged goods. Maybe they should treat them as such....or consider not drafting these type of players if you aren't ready to sacrifice a little production in the first few years until they become healthy again. Also consider that spending a second round pick on injured goods is idiotic. As an example, Michael Bush was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round. He would have probably been a 1st rounder if he was healthy. Even Oakland wasn't stupid enough to try to play him at all in the first two years. I guess when you are drafting like the Bucs are for starters instead of depth, this is the result of those unreasonable expectations. Most injured players at drafttime go undrafted altogether because teams don't want to pay a guy to sit around and rehab. Hopefully, Dom has cut his teeth on these experiments and learned something.

The best way to explain the drafting and subsequent treatment of Price is a complete fiasco. Thank God for him it is over.
This is the best post I have read in a while here, regarding the absurd discarding of players without at least attempting to extricate some sort of value in return...and not some wasted picks.

Dom has FAIL written all over him.

Chip Kelly?  No?  Okay then...Greg Schiano....WTF?

Look at his second round picks in particular, and then his drafts overall AFTER all the sex appeal has worn off....just terrible.

Look at the extension he has handed out...

Dom is not a good GM.  His trial by fire is over.  Right now, he is IN the fire.  PERIOD.Any decent fan can see this.  Except Al Bundy, who is a damned fool.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price Failed Conditioning Test « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools