Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Price passes Bears physical « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 28, 2012, 12:05:47 AM

Brian Price passes Bears physical

By Sean Jensen on July 27, 2012 10:38 PM

Sean Jensen is the Bears/NFL beat writer for the Sun-Times

Defensive tackle Brian Price, acquired in a trade Thursday, passed his physical with the Bears and will be available to practice in a few days.

A 2010 second-round pick, Price was traded by the Bucs on Thursday to the Bears for a seventh-round pick.

Coming out of UCLA, Price impressed current Bears defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.

"We looked at him [in 2010], and from other guys in the league, he's a physical guy, he fits like our guys, he's athletic, the movement is good, and he's got really good power, really good power," Marinelli said. "We're anxious to get him here and see what he's got."

According to multiple published reports, Price didn't complete the Buccaneers conditioning test because of a leg injury.

With a new head coach in Greg Schiano, the Bucs were ready to move on from Price, who had a wide range of issues and challenges while there. He underwent surgery to repair a serious hip injury that's bothered him for years, and he lost his older sister to a hit-and-run car accident in May.

He also got into a reported fight with rookie safety Mark Barron in June.

The Bears hope their locker room will help Price.

"I think we have a great locker room for any player coming in," Bears coach Lovie Smith said. "You want to be successful, you want another chance, to make some things right, or just a new start, this is a great place for it."

youngone

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 28, 2012, 12:07:37 AM

Hold on to your seats bear fans... He'll be rolling around on a field near you

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 28, 2012, 12:08:27 AM

Sad to think Marinelli, a great D-line coach likes him soo much, but unproven ones do not...

So goes the tide.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 28, 2012, 12:12:35 AM

Good for him, I actually had doubts he would pass it, and be right back here again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 28, 2012, 12:14:36 AM

The "news" from the last few days Stinks Like Butt Crack.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard BucsFTW today? Kinda nice to not hear his internet ChestThumping all day...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 28, 2012, 12:18:35 AM

Speaking of which, has anyone heard BucsFTW today? Kinda nice to not hear his internet ChestThumping all day...

BucsFTW was really Dez Briscoe.   He is on the Skins board now.     "Skins FTW"

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 28, 2012, 12:20:24 AM

BucsFTW was really Dez Briscoe.   He is on the Skins board now.     "Skins FTW"
Lol it does have a ring to it

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 28, 2012, 12:21:01 AM

Skinz For The Winz.

It does, actually.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 28, 2012, 12:22:47 AM

Sad to think Marinelli, a great D-line coach likes him soo much, but unproven ones do not...

So goes the tide.

He hasn't had to coach the dude yet. Marinelli puts up with no crap. Price will either have to shape up or he will probably get shipped out. I don't think that Chicago winter weather will bode well for Price's hammies that are held to his hip with bubble gum and staples.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : July 28, 2012, 12:23:27 AM

I knew his physical had nothing to do with his release.     It was all about pulverizing the golden boy Barron...

youngone

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 28, 2012, 12:26:38 AM

I knew his physical had nothing to do with his release.     It was all about pulverizing the golden boy Barron...
Lol.. Still trying to stoke that fire I see

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 28, 2012, 12:27:10 AM

If I had a dollar for everytime you posted that..............

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 28, 2012, 12:30:03 AM

So goes the tide.

He hasn't had to coach the dude yet. Marinelli puts up with no crap. Price will either have to shape up or he will probably get shipped out. I don't think that Chicago winter weather will bode well for Price's hammies that are held to his hip with bubble gum and staples.
Meh.  At this point, who cares?

The Bears took a low risk high reward flier for Price, and the BUcs got screwed by Dom's poor drafting and decision making skills.  YET AGAIN.

That is the REAL issue here.

He is a terrible GM. He really really is.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 28, 2012, 12:30:35 AM

They traded for a guy that couldn't run 3 110 sprints... Everybody on our team can.. I think i'm happy about that

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 28, 2012, 12:31:11 AM

They traded for a guy that couldn't run 3 110 sprints... Everybody on our team can.. I think i'm happy about that
Link?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Price passes Bears physical « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools