Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: July 28, 2012, 11:33:16 AM

I hope those are just words of politeness and you don't really mean it because what if he goes on to have a great year and our defense continues to stink?  Not going to be good for Dom and Schiano.  So let me be the first to say I hope he is a big flopping disappointment for them. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 28, 2012, 11:35:20 AM

Personally, I have lost a lot of Belief in Dominik.  I am not sure what he is capable of, aside from sexy draft picks at the moment.  He needs to redeem himself in a major way.

If Price blows up, well...chalk up another FAIL for Dom.  If he doesn't, it is still a FAIL as a result of investment returned.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 28, 2012, 11:36:57 AM

I wish him the best in life.. On the field I seen enough to have an idea of what to expect

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 28, 2012, 11:38:35 AM

I blame Dom for drafting the guy but as far as the trade  I honestly believe that will  all be on Schiano.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 28, 2012, 11:41:53 AM

I blame Dom for drafting the guy but as far as the trade  I honestly believe is all Schiano.
Me as well.

Coaches coach.  Not sure if he was really sure what to expect out of BP, considering he really hasn't known the guy for more than a few conversations.  But I strongly suspect it had to do with the fight.  And perhaps the inability of Price to apologize,or BOTH, or ALL involved, to simply let it go...

Regardless, he isn't a Buc anymore, so time will tel.  But it is a FAIL on Dom's part for drafting him rather high, and for losing out on proper return in investment.  He basically threw Price in the garbage.  I would have waited til after TC to dangle him.  He may have been worth more at that point...

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 28, 2012, 11:42:23 AM

We spent a second on the guy and got the production of a 7th rounder. It woulda been more of a waste keeping him here being a locker room problem and a unproductive 2nd rounder at the same time.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 28, 2012, 11:45:29 AM

We spent a second on the guy and got the production of a 7th rounder. It woulda been more of a waste keeping him here being a locker room problem and a unproductive 2nd rounder at the same time.
I think we should have waited and seen what he could have done with more stability around him, with better schemes set in place.  Let him work the kinks out.

He was tough as nails, he came in and lost weight, smething went down aside from the hammy pop...

Guys who failed it got a second chance...maybe he cold have done it again...

Again, he is no longer a Buc, and he is no longer a team distraction (which I think is predicated merely on the fisticuffs with Barron).  Move on.

But Dom failed no matter how you spin it, because it was a piss poor selection given hat he is RIGHT NOW in REALITY.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 28, 2012, 11:47:01 AM

I hope the best for him. If what your saying happens then it won't be because of Price. It will be because of our players. Price is gone and needed a new start after the crap hes been through here. Price hasn't really been that big of a part of this new team besides the scuffle and few practices he's been to. He's no longer a part of this team. We have already made moves anticipating this deal. If we suck, it's not because of Price. It's because of our players on the field suck and need changed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 28, 2012, 11:47:35 AM

Well they actually did him a favor by traded him this early so he can attend the Bears TC.  We had no intentions of keeping him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 28, 2012, 11:49:48 AM

Well they actually did him a favor by traded him this early so he can attend the Bears TC.  We had no intentions of keeping him.
So is that a good thing?  A saavier GM doesn't help other teams out.  Just saying.

He will try to get the upper hand in any trade.  I think BP could have fetched more than a 7th...that much I think is true.

Dom with the FAIL, in regards to losing a second round pick so quickly, yet again.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 28, 2012, 11:53:13 AM

Dom probably threw the Bears a bone because of the Gaines Adams trade. We weren't keeping him anyway so I say win win.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 28, 2012, 11:55:08 AM

Dom probably threw the Bears a bone because of the Gaines Adams trade. We weren't keeping him anyway so I say win win.
So you think it is a "win" to lose out on yet another second round pick?  And to recoup a 7th is a "win"?

And throwing another team a bone as a result of a prior fleecing is a "win" as well?

Gotcha. ::)

tajik_buc

Starter

#12 : July 28, 2012, 11:56:10 AM

I wish him the best in life.. On the field I seen enough to have an idea of what to expect

spot on

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 28, 2012, 11:57:02 AM

Not really. We even signed a few DTs (Okoye and Gibson) way before camp. We sent Price home hoping he would come back to camp ready to go but I think they also weren't sure he would and would be willing to let him go get a new start because he kind of needs it if he is going to recover from his past. I don't think he could really do it here. Obviously neither did they.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 28, 2012, 11:57:04 AM

He's done.............we got the best anyone offered for him......Chicago loses nothing.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools